The Student Room Group

My predicted grades JUST ABOUT match the requirments!! will i still get offers???

..im applying to do pharmacy
and ma As grades wernt that good i got BCCD
my predicted grades so far are gona be
BB and i think for biology B/C
the unis im applying to either want 300 points or stiraght BBB grades
IF my predicted grades are BB B/C ..will they still give me an offer???
im really scared ..thats why iv even
got kingston as a backup
i wana get into either reading or h'shire
everyone loves ma personal statment so hopfully they can see that and give me an offer ..
Original post by lilpg
got kingston as a backup
everyone loves ma personal statment so hopfully they can see that and give me an offer ..

It depends what unis and how many applications they've had. If they've got a lot from AAA students, it's less likely.

However, they have those grades for a reason - because they don't think they are competitive enough to get higher (remembers, requirements reflect popularity, not quality) and your grades won't rule you out, so it all comes down to other factors.

Like the personal statement. Good luck. :smile:
My predicted grades are ABB, and I've been getting offers from AAB uni's. As long as you have a strong application otherwise, with the PS in mind, then you should get one or two at least. However if they get a lot of strong applications then obviously you'd be at a disadvantage.
Reply 3
Original post by lilpg
got kingston as a backup

Well in my AS grades i got BBCD. and my predictions are BCC. Brookes wanted BBC for my course, got an offer last week saying i need to get BCC. which is lower than the requirement. If you have a strong personal statement like me, they'll give you offers :biggrin:
Reply 4
My predicted grades are BCC and I have had offers of BBC :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lilpg
got kingston as a backup

If you're applying to Reading, Medway, Portsmouth etc, then you should be fine. However if you're aiming for top universities like Nottingham, UEA, KCL then I wouldn't get your hopes high. My predicted grades are ABB and I got rejected by Nottingham as they required AAB. So as long as you apply to unis with entry requirements BBB then you should get some offers/interviews. :smile:

P.S. - A minimum of grade B in chemistry is necessary.
Reply 6
Original post by lilpg
got kingston as a backup

Where are you planning to apply to?
Reply 7
aww thanks guys for the info
erm kingston incase all fails lol
erm pharmacology aswell for backup
reading maybe h'shire
and not positive on the last one .
but maybe keele or smthin ..
one of the BBB unis ..

yeah im not aiming to go to like kings or anything ..
just reading or smthing ..
as long i get the offer i will work ma ars off to get the grades
Reply 8
Original post by mkb230
If you're applying to Reading, Medway, Portsmouth etc, then you should be fine. However if you're aiming for top universities like Nottingham, UEA, KCL then I wouldn't get your hopes high. My predicted grades are ABB and I got rejected by Nottingham as they required AAB. So as long as you apply to unis with entry requirements BBB then you should get some offers/interviews. :smile:

P.S. - A minimum of grade B in chemistry is necessary.

yeaaahh exactly
Thankss ..im applying to BBB unis
OH btw what u dou meen min B in chem .as in Chemistry a level have a grade B or i HAVE to have a B in As ..coz i got a C in chem bt coz it was so close to a B i retook a practical and managed to get it up to a B but i dno wheta its final ..im predicted a B is that enuf
not even one like AAB lol
and yeah i no u need a B in chem i can get that easi lol
:smile:
BUt overall with those predictions wud i get offers from the BBB unis?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by lilpg
yeaaahh exactly
Thankss ..im applying to BBB unis
OH btw what u dou meen min B in chem .as in Chemistry a level have a grade B or i HAVE to have a B in As ..coz i got a C in chem bt coz it was so close to a B i retook a practical and managed to get it up to a B but i dno wheta its final ..im predicted a B is that enuf
not even one like AAB lol
and yeah i no u need a B in chem i can get that easi lol
:smile:
BUt overall with those predictions wud i get offers from the BBB unis?

Yeah you should get a couple of offers. I got BCC for my AS, now I have to work my arse off if I want to get ABB. You have to get a B in chemsitry at A level so if you have a C right now then just push yourself a bit harder and you should get a B at A level. I got an appalling D in the ****e titration pratical but I am going to retake it and hopefully get an A this time. If your predicted grade in chemistry is a B then it should be enough to get you offers.
Reply 10
Original post by mkb230
Yeah you should get a couple of offers. I got BCC for my AS, now I have to work my arse off if I want to get ABB. You have to get a B in chemsitry at A level so if you have a C right now then just push yourself a bit harder and you should get a B at A level. I got an appalling D in the ****e titration pratical but I am going to retake it and hopefully get an A this time. If your predicted grade in chemistry is a B then it should be enough to get you offers.

thats cool
Thankyou so much for the info :smile:
yeah im defo trying hard to get straight Bs or higher at the end of it
dont worry with practicals just concentrate on the paper and read the questions properly ..im quite lucky that ma highest marks are practicals..
i got 36/40 last year
and so for this year for A2 iv got 9/10 14/15 and havent done evaluation yet.
get help from people aswell that always helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending