The Student Room Group

Names of Investment banks in the UK

hi,

I am looking to apply to some IB's in the off chance i'll get lucky or something. I was wondering whether someone could list all the IB's in the UK.

Also anyone know what ernst and young and pwc do? I had a look on their website and it's something about tax and stuff but it makes no sense to me. Would be great if someone could just give me the low down of it. I'm from a sciencey background and have no finance background:s-smilie:

Cheers
Reply 1
Ernst & Young and PwC are business services companies. No offence meant, but if you can't find out who they are, or know any investment banks, then it really is not for you.
Reply 2
Original post by MD.
Ernst & Young and PwC are business services companies. No offence meant, but if you can't find out who they are, or know any investment banks, then it really is not for you.

i know a few like goldman sachs and merril lynch, citi, but just looking for a complete list so i have something to work from,

someone, anyone?
Reply 3
If only there were some means by which this information could be acquired. Perhaps some information portal of some kind? One which searches the vast amount of information available on the internet and returns a results list which one could then use to conduct research. If only such a thing existed - I'd probably call it google.

Or perhaps if someone compiled a list of all the top graduate recruiters in this country. Maybe they would be kind enough to order this list in some way so it would be possible to identify which industries the graduate recruiter operates and in so doing discern a similar list of investment banking institutions. They could even publish this annually with a handy commentary and analysis on which ones would be the best. But what on earth would they call such a document?

Don't give up your day job.
Reply 4
UK Investment Banks: http://www.liba.org.uk/members/default.htm
Global Investment Banks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_investment_banks

Good luck with job applications!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by adept95
UK Investment Banks: http://www.liba.org.uk/members/default.htm
Global Investment Banks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_investment_banks

Good luck with job applications!:smile:

Thank you for not being a snob like the poster above you. Your help is much appreciated. I did give it a google but kept coming up with specific banks rather than a list!
Reply 6
Original post by Gohalath
If only there were some means by which this information could be acquired. Perhaps some information portal of some kind? One which searches the vast amount of information available on the internet and returns a results list which one could then use to conduct research. If only such a thing existed - I'd probably call it google.

Or perhaps if someone compiled a list of all the top graduate recruiters in this country. Maybe they would be kind enough to order this list in some way so it would be possible to identify which industries the graduate recruiter operates and in so doing discern a similar list of investment banking institutions. They could even publish this annually with a handy commentary and analysis on which ones would be the best. But what on earth would they call such a document?

Don't give up your day job.

you're a stuck up douchebag. Go back to eton, you tory scum.
Reply 7
Not a problem sir. One condition: that you stop asking idiotic questions which I'd expect a 5-year old to answer with significantly more poise.
Reply 8
The bank of money.

419 Lagos Lane.
Reply 9
Original post by blue_shift86
hi,

I am looking to apply to some IB's in the off chance i'll get lucky or something. I was wondering whether someone could list all the IB's in the UK.

Also anyone know what ernst and young and pwc do? I had a look on their website and it's something about tax and stuff but it makes no sense to me. Would be great if someone could just give me the low down of it. I'm from a sciencey background and have no finance background:s-smilie:

Cheers

I'm sure you would do very well in an interview because of your clear passion and interest in IB. McKinsey is a really good investment bank too. Not that competitive to get a place as well.
(edited 13 years ago)
I dont mean to be harsh, but if you dont already know the big investment banks and at the very least are not able to find out from google, you will struggle to even get into the back office (and dont ask me what that is).

Its one of the toughest industries and the interviews require to you be uptodate with the economy and industry which you arent,
Reply 11
Original post by blue_shift86
hi,

Cheers

haha, mate, I don't think you will get a job in investment banking on the 'off-chance.' Its one of the most competitive fields out there with several hundrer graduates chasing each position, if you've done science, I would recommend something else. Just trying to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending