The Student Room Group

Girl having sex with 10 guys in a week is same as guy having 10 girls in one week?

Scroll to see replies

its the same
Reply 181
Original post by yurihammo
Are you a gay guy or a girl? Why would a guy be a lock??

He is the one screwing everyone else by nature - evolutional biology works if the males reproduce a lot and the females get pregnant and give birth.

Plus a guy is the one with the appendage, hence the key.
:awesome:

I already answered this retarded question. An extremely vague topological similarity between penises and keys is not sufficient for this analogy to work.

It's like saying "men are bigger than women, in the same way that a cricket bat is bigger than a cricket ball. A cricket bat is designed to hit a cricket ball. Therefore its ok for a man to hit a woman".
Original post by py0alb

Original post by py0alb
Experience has taught me two things:

1) Once you're no longer a teenager, pulling is basically the same for males and females:

Unless you're a complete dork, if you're willing to settle for whatever you can get your hands on, its extremely easy to pull, whether you're male or female, straight or gay.

If you're picky, and only willing sleep with people who you genuinely find attractive, then it takes a little work to pull, whether you're male or female, straight or gay.

I disagree. It's much harder for men than women.

Much more men than women are willing to have a one night stand. Therefore the market is in the woman's favour. She has the greater power of choice.

Men and women have different roles in the process - the man is the one that is meant to approach, deal with rejection and humiliation, display attractive character traits, deal with her friends, deal with males in her group, etc. The woman doesn't have to do anything but stand around and wait.

Even an average woman could sleep with 10 attractive men a week. For a man to sleep with 10 different attractive women in a week he'd have to be seriously attractive and have a lot of "game."

What "work" does it take for a woman to pull? All she has to do is look vaguely attractive and then wait around
Reply 183
Honestly for me it totally depends on circumstances. Things like attractiveness and personality play into how I feel about people who sleep around. If the guy or girl was a 10 in the looks department, extremely nice, and sleeping with people of equal attractiveness I would think both sexes were legends. Now if the guy was ugly or plain and sleeping with other ugly people I would view him as just as much a slut as an unattractive female. If the girl was hot but an uber bitch I would also think she was a slut same as an arrogant hot man. If the guy or girl was attractive and nice but sleeping with trolls they would also join the slut category. I have no idea why I feel like that but I do. Its probably worse then viewing solely woman as sluts but hey I'm just being honest.
Reply 184
Original post by Post Apocalypse
I disagree. It's much harder for men than women.

Much more men than women are willing to have a one night stand. Therefore the market is in the woman's favour. She has the greater power of choice.

Men and women have different roles in the process - the man is the one that is meant to approach, deal with rejection and humiliation, display attractive character traits, deal with her friends, deal with males in her group, etc. The woman doesn't have to do anything but stand around and wait.

Even an average woman could sleep with 10 attractive men a week. For a man to sleep with 10 different attractive women in a week he'd have to be seriously attractive and have a lot of "game."

What "work" does it take for a woman to pull? All she has to do is look vaguely attractive and then wait around

That's all cliche and perhaps thats your personal experience. But in my experience and the experience of most people I know, then those stereotypical "roles" are nothing but a myth. For example, I'm extremely picky about potential partners, and I still managed to pull quite often when I was single, but I've honestly never gone up and approached a girl in my life.

You're comparing apples with oranges: you're comparing an attractive girl with an unattractive man. Attractive people of both sexes get plenty of attention and offers. Less attractive people don't, and thus have to work harder to impress, or settle for other unattractive partners.

I honestly don't believe the market is in the woman's favour at all. I've never seen anything in over 10 years of going out that backs up that view. Without wishing to sound offensive, perhaps it only seems that way to you because you don't get approached much?

Mostly the guys who complain most about women being frigid and unapproachable when they won't fall for their cheesy lines are the same ones that call them disgusting sluts when they sleep with someone more attractive. And then they wonder why they struggle to score. :rolleyes:
Original post by py0alb

2) I've known my share of slutty girls, and I've known my share of quiet respectable girls. I can tell you now that slutty girls are **** ing boring in bed, compared to the unimaginable filth that your average "nice girl" is into.
The reason is obvious: girls are slutty because they lack confidence and are constantly in need of affection and reassurance. A lack of confidence = rubbish in bed. Never make the mistake of thinking "Oh she's a pole dancer, she must be dirty in bed". Instead think "Oh she's a shy librarian, she must be dirty in bed".

my experience with girls has been the complete oppersite. The more sexualy liberated/adventerous ones have been better in bed, and they arn't the boring/quiet type outside of bed 80% of the time.
Original post by DorianGrey123

lol. this was quite funny but unfortunately a bit true.
Reply 187
Original post by DorianGrey123
my experience with girls has been the complete oppersite. The more sexualy liberated/adventerous ones have been better in bed, and they arn't the boring/quiet type outside of bed 80% of the time.

What's your sample size? :awesome:
Reply 188
I basically agree with this. It seems extremely flawed and simplistic thinking to say that simply because it is the man that enters the woman and not the other way round, then it automatically follows that it is the man that is the dominant, more active participant.

But what about if I eat a hamburger, then it is the hamburger that enters me, not the other way round. So by this logic it must be the hamburger that is the dominant partner in our brief but joyous relationship? Somehow I think this logic falls down around this point.
Reply 189
Original post by py0alb
That's all cliche and perhaps thats your personal experience. But in my experience and the experience of most people I know, then those stereotypical "roles" are nothing but a myth. For example, I'm extremely picky about potential partners, and I still managed to pull quite often when I was single, but I've honestly never gone up and approached a girl in my life.

You're comparing apples with oranges: you're comparing an attractive girl with an unattractive man. Attractive people of both sexes get plenty of attention and offers. Less attractive people don't, and thus have to work harder to impress, or settle for other unattractive partners.

I honestly don't believe the market is in the woman's favour at all. I've never seen anything in over 10 years of going out that backs up that view. Without wishing to sound offensive, perhaps it only seems that way to you because you don't get approached much?

Mostly the guys who complain most about women being frigid and unapproachable when they won't fall for their cheesy lines are the same ones that call them disgusting sluts when they sleep with someone more attractive. And then they wonder why they struggle to score. :rolleyes:

That is so true. Its much more about attractiveness whether someone can score or not than gender. And answer me this: I'm a female whos been trying to get an attractive guy for a while, he rejected me though. If we had of slept together would it make him the slut because I'm the one that did all the chasing? If guys still think I'm the slut then it proves all these little theories are bull.
Reply 190
I think perhaps you may have missed my point by a few hundred yards. I wouldn't worry about it, I was agreeing with you anyway.
Original post by py0alb

Have you ever considered that your experience is the exception?

Most women don't approach males. Go to any pub or club and you'll see that there's a difference. Men dont get ready for a night out and then sit around waiting for women to approach them. It just doesnt happen like that.

No - I'm saying a girl just has to look average or above, but for a man that isn't enough.

There have been multiple scientific studies to back up that the market is in the woman's favour.

E.g.:

"For instance, in response to the sex request, men indicated an average likelihood of 46, a whopping figure compared with women's average rating of just 4. "
http://www.livescience.com/culture/090811-one-night-stands.html

"There was also a large gender difference in attitudes toward casual sex: Males had considerably more permissive attitudes (d =.81)"
Oliver, Mary B., and Janet S. Hyde. "Gender Differences in Sexuality: A Meta-analysis." Psychological Bulletin 114.1 (1993): 29-51. Print.

"In every case, men preferred significantly larger numbers of sex partners than women"
"Men were more likely than women to consent to sex after knowing a potential partner for time periods ranging from 1 hour to 2 years"
"A diverse range of research findings lead converging support to the notion that men have a specialized psychology that leads them to consent to sex more quickly than women"
Schmitt, D. P., Shackelford, T. K., & Buss, D. M. (2001). Are men really more 'oriented' toward short-term mating than women? A critical review of theory and research. Psychology, Evolution, and Gender, 3, 211-239.

"Gender differences are strikingly large for incidences of masturbation and for attitudes about sex in a casual, uncommitted relationship."
Hyde, J. S. (2005). The gender similarities hypothesis. American Psychologist, 60(6), 581-92.
Reply 192
I tell you what - read it again but with a "for example" rather than a "but" at the start of the second paragraph. That may have confused you. If you still don't get it, then nevermind. It wasn't really that important in the grand scheme of things.
QUEEN O RIVERS GET OFF Y OU

PER i 0deee x.x.x.x.x..x cos ten whee wont meak bbs
Reply 194
Have you ever considered that your experience is the exception?

Most women don't approach males. Go to any pub or club and you'll see that there's a difference. Men dont get ready for a night out and then sit around waiting for women to approach them. It just doesnt happen like that.

No - I'm saying a girl just has to look average or above, but for a man that isn't enough.

There have been multiple scientific studies to back up that the market is in the woman's favour.

E.g.:

"For instance, in response to the sex request, men indicated an average likelihood of 46, a whopping figure compared with women's average rating of just 4. "
http://www.livescience.com/culture/090811-one-night-stands.html

"There was also a large gender difference in attitudes toward casual sex: Males had considerably more permissive attitudes (d =.81)"
Oliver, Mary B., and Janet S. Hyde. "Gender Differences in Sexuality: A Meta-analysis." Psychological Bulletin 114.1 (1993): 29-51. Print.

"In every case, men preferred significantly larger numbers of sex partners than women"
"Men were more likely than women to consent to sex after knowing a potential partner for time periods ranging from 1 hour to 2 years"
"A diverse range of research findings lead converging support to the notion that men have a specialized psychology that leads them to consent to sex more quickly than women"
Schmitt, D. P., Shackelford, T. K., & Buss, D. M. (2001). Are men really more 'oriented' toward short-term mating than women? A critical review of theory and research. Psychology, Evolution, and Gender, 3, 211-239.

"Gender differences are strikingly large for incidences of masturbation and for attitudes about sex in a casual, uncommitted relationship."
Hyde, J. S. (2005). The gender similarities hypothesis. American Psychologist, 60(6), 581-92.

Women unwilling to admit promiscuity to researcher shock!
Original post by py0alb
Women unwilling to admit promiscuity to researcher shock!

Did you even bother to read the research? The reality is the market is in a woman's favour.

You don't even need research to do it - just go outside and you'll see.
Original post by Bellissima
morally, socially etc.

yes or no?

I'd like to recommend the Linford Christie vs Camp Mates debate that was on this years "I'm a Celebrity... Get me out of here"... You will get a wide range of responses, from both males and females. :smile:
Reply 197
Did you even bother to read the research? The reality is the market is in a woman's favour.

You don't even need research to do it - just go outside and you'll see.

I do go outside. I go outside every day. More relevantly, I've been going to clubs since I was 16 years old. I must have been approached by hundreds of girls over the years. Some I turned down, some I chatted to, realised they were boring and then turned down, some I didn't turn down. I also know several perfectly attractive girls who hardly ever get chatted up. I see just as many average girls chatting up hot guys as average guys chatting up hot girls. TBH, the whole "chatting up" paradigm is about 20 years out of date. Only moronic wannabe players attempt to "chat girls up" nowadays.

Do the maths: every Friday night, X amount of straight 20somethings go out, and Y get laid. Unless there's one guy going round sleeping with 1,000 girls, then 50% are men and 50% are women. Both have made a conscious choice to have sex (hopefully). There are similar numbers of girls and guys around the clubs, so clearly the scoring success rate (Y/X) is equal for both sexes. How can this be indicative of anything other than a neutral market?
Original post by py0alb

Original post by py0alb
Do the maths: every Friday night, X amount of straight 20somethings go out, and Y get laid. Unless there's one guy going round sleeping with 1,000 girls, then 50% are men and 50% are women. Both have made a conscious choice to have sex (hopefully). There are similar numbers of girls and guys around the clubs, so clearly the scoring success rate (Y/X) is equal for both sexes. How can this be indicative of anything other than a neutral market?

Because more guys than girls want to have a one night stand, so there are more guys left behind without a (ONS)* partner (that wanted one)* than women (who wanted one)*.

* Edited for clarity
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 199
yeah, there were some people earlier (yesterday?) making that exact claim - that because sex involves one thing going inside another thing, that it can never be a completely "mutual" action. Thats where the whole stupid key and lock analogy comes from: using topology as the basis for morality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending