The Student Room Group

Why are teenagers obsessed with black people and black culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pensivedore
Actually I think, if anything, it's the other way round.. Black girls especially, are highly influenced by white girls in the sense that they all burn the **** out of their hair to get it to look long and soft.. Because lets face it, their hair is naturally affro-y.. Heck, even Beyonce and Rihanna are like that, they are influenced by white media telling them what they should look like, what is pretty, sexy etc

So you're saying that only black people are allowed to speak slang..? I think you need to re-think what you're saying tbh, I don't think you know what you're talking about, kid.

Africa is a very diverse continent. There are loads of black girls with naturally long and soft hair. It looks like someone's being a hater. Some people relax their hair because it's easier to manage or they think it looks nicer AND because they've been getting it relaxed since they were like 6 and they had no choice. I could easily say why do white girls inject their lips to make them fuller and why do they get tans?

I think you should read a few of my other posts because I already explained what I meant by that.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:rolleyes: People should speak how they want, regardless of where they come from. And I don't see much wrong with being inspired (positively) by other cultures, if it makes one happy.

Mhmm.
Original post by Little Martian
Africa is a very diverse continent. There are loads of black girls with naturally long and soft hair. It looks like someone's being a hater. Some people relax their hair because it's easier to manage or they think it looks nicer AND because they've been getting it relaxed since they were like 6 and they had no choice. I could easily say why do white girls inject their lips to make them fuller and why do they get tans?

I think you should read a few of my other posts because I already explained what I meant by that.

To be fair a lot of black girls change their hair and it is probably because of the media or the popular images of what people should look like. There is nothing wrong with their normal hair, so why change it?

You are right about white people getting tans though, its the same as black girls changing their hair.
Original post by No Man
I guess you don't like Eminem then.

Yeah because eminem says stuff like: peng, seen, jam your hype and blud. :rolleyes:

We're not in America.
Original post by Hester_23
I have bare swagger for a white guy, i also spit fire and draw bare shank

Haha, I'm sure. :]
Reply 45
is swagga not swag, and people used it before her, its jsut when she preformed all the white people use it.
Reply 46
Original post by Lewroll
First white rapper? What are you talking about? Eminem wasnt the first white rapper? Dont be silly. He is the most popular white rapper (and one of the most popular rappers in the world) but he certainly wasnt the first. -_-

That's what I meant.

Yeah because eminem says stuff like: peng, seen, jam your hype and blud. :rolleyes:

We're not in America.

Same principle though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47

We're not in America.

jam your hype blad and let me hype my jam. :biggrin: had to get that in there.
Original post by Fat-Love
It's a london thing. I think it's a bit racist to say it belongs to black culture. It's just that in central london there are a lot of black teenagers so it can give the illusion of being a black thing when in reality that's just how teenagers act in central london. You get this sort of behaviour in all the major cities.

I know it's not a black thing and it's a London thing but mostly black people act like that because they grew up in London. None of these people in my year grew up in London. :/
Reply 49
I know it's not a black thing and it's a London thing but mostly black people act like that because they grew up in London. None of these people in my year grew up in London. :/

So where did these people in your year grow up then? Yorkshire?
Original post by No Man
Do you think Eminem was trying to be something that he wasn't? Just because he was the first famous white rapper?

We're not in America and he wasn't the first white rapper. Bye.
Original post by No Man
That's what I meant.

Heres an interesting point about eminem. He said in one of his songs that if he was black he wouldnt even have sold half as many songs as he did- he wouldnt be so pouplar (he said this himself).

I wonder why that is?
Eminem is one of the best mainstream rappers imo..
Original post by Lewroll
To be fair a lot of black girls change their hair and it is probably because of the media or the popular images of what people should look like. There is nothing wrong with their normal hair, so why change it?

You are right about white people getting tans though, its the same as black girls changing their hair.

No it isn't. There are loads of people in Africa with naturally long and soft hair. Somalia, Ethiopia and even in Nigeria. I hardly see white people with full lips.
This 'acting black' and 'acting white' thing is so stupid. People are people and everyone is different.

And also 'Black culture' :rolleyes:
So.. White culture? Obviously English, French, German, Russian, Canadian...etc all have the same culture, right? :facepalm2:

Because, I defiantly feel like I have a completely different culture to a Jamaican person, South African, etc..
So stop generalising.
Original post by sendi_12
is swagga not swag, and people used it before her, its jsut when she preformed all the white people use it.

That's what I was getting at. And yeah she said swagga, I forgot- it was a long time ago. :]
Reply 55
Original post by Hooj
Girls are just obsessed with the cock.

Hooj, i like you. You shouldn't have so much neg rep.

Just sayin' :biggrin:
Original post by No Man
That's what I meant.

Same principle though.

Okay, well he is kind of a fake because he was born in Missouri and acted like he grew up in the hood. But now that he's grown older he doesn't really act like that anymore.
Original post by Fat-Love
jam your hype blad and let me hype my jam. :biggrin: had to get that in there.

Lol, okay. :]
No one in the corner has swagger like us, swagger like us...swagger swagger like us:cool:
No it isn't. There are loads of people in Africa with naturally long and soft hair. Somalia, Ethiopia and even in Nigeria. I hardly see white people with full lips.

You dont really know what you are talking about. Firstly, I was talking about black women in the western world. Secondly, a black woman from Ethiopia or somalia does not look the same as a black carribbean or african american. If what you were saying was true, than it would only be some black women that change their hair, not the majority. Now tell me why in britain, you hardly ever see a black woman with their own hair?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending