The Student Room Group

Does this annoy you...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I dont give my number to anyone expept for my mum.
It's never happened.

However, a few weeks ago my mate accidentally rang me at 4.40AMish. My phone rang. I woke up. I was SO annoyed. Totally just stole 4 hours of my sleep. :angry:
Reply 22
Original post by Kaykiie
So you're not Andy but you are Andy Parkins but then you said that your name isn't Andy??

:hmmm:

i'l try to re-phrase wat im tryna say. the guy has more than 1 Andy stored in his fone and called the wrong Andy, Me. Upon realising his mistake, the caller hangs up. I used Andy as an example.
Reply 23
My name's not that common ^^
This happened to Simon in misfits and followed with him attempting to burn the guy's house down then pissing through the letterbox, just saying lol.
Reply 24
Original post by Wilzyy
My name's not that common ^^
This happened to Simon in misfits and followed with him attempting to burn the guy's house down then pissing through the letterbox, just saying lol.

LOL nice idea - now how to find his address, hmmm? :holmes:
Reply 25
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
LOL nice idea - now how to find his address, hmmm? :holmes:

Lol, simon's was worse though, he went all the way to a club after being invited via text...
On the other hand..yellow pages ? lol.
Reply 26

i'l try to re-phrase wat im tryna say. the guy has more than 1 Andy stored in his fone and called the wrong Andy, Me. Upon realising his mistake, the caller hangs up. I used Andy as an example.

So your name isn't Andy? (hypothetically)
Reply 27
Original post by Kaykiie
So your name isn't Andy? (hypothetically)

are u dizzy doh
Reply 28
****, call the constalbury OP, there's an inducer of rage on the loose...

Or, no.

Oh and, what does annoy me is saying 'fone' when 'phone' could be said. What is the point?
Some randomer called my Uni phone once...

Me: "Hello?"
Randomer: "Hey, who is this?
Me: "Who is this?"
Randomer: "Who is speaking?"
Me: "I think you have the wrong number...."
Randomer: "Who is this please?"
Me: "You called me, you tell me who you are."
Randomer hangs up.

Clearly someone who has no idea about manners, you don't just call people up asking who they are lol. :rolleyes:
never been in that situation but if i were you, i just didn't give a da*n about that, my time was too precious for such thing
Reply 31
nevar happened to me bruh but i find it annoying when people don't text back
Reply 32
Incoming call on your mobile. You recognise number as the person you swapped numbers with ages ago, but don't know them very well.

Me: Hello?

Caller: 'Andy', where are ya?

Me: At home, why watsup?

Caller: Sh1t, which Andy is this?

Me: Andy. Andy Parkins from uni.

Caller: oh, wrong Andy *Puts fone down*

No apology no nothing, to make it worse they don't even pretend to cover up the mistake by maybe asking how your doin or sumthing!! I'm using Andy as an example.

EDIT: Just to clarify, caller assumes I'm Andy, his friend not Andy the lad he met down the pub during some random discussion we swappd numbers. He's stored both of us as Andy in his fonebook but mixed us up.

double negative
That's never happened to me. Don't think it would really bother me though...
that's not nearly as annoying as when someone texts you, then you ring them and they don't answer. they just texted you, you know they have their phone pretty much in their hand, why aren't they answering...
Reply 35
Maybe they were in some sort of a rush and in desperate need to contact Andy? I don't really see why this has even stuck with you to the extent you feel the need to make a thread. I'd have moved on and forgotten it had even happened in about a minute.
That would only annoy me if it happend more than once within a certain amount of time.
Reply 37
Original post by Broderss
nevar happened to me bruh but i find it annoying when people don't text back

ahh tats a totally new level of annoying - especially when they justs txtd u and u txt bak straight away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending