The Student Room Group

How many people here have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend?

As the title says. Why haven't you got anyone yet? Is it just that you have a lack of confidence or is it that you can't be bothered and prefer to be single?

I'm having a hard time understanding why people can't get someone.

Scroll to see replies

Me :smile:

I've had a few offers but overall I don't get much male attention and I haven't found anyone I really liked. I don't see it as a problem :smile:
I've never had a boyfriend.
Reply 3
Original post by loonyplatypus
Me :smile:

I've had a few offers but overall I don't get much male attention and I haven't found anyone I really liked. I don't see it as a problem :smile:

I have never had a boyfriend I'll be your boyfriend I'm your boyfriend.
I had a girlfriend when I was 11? Does that count...I don't think it does tbh. I have no confidence and I'm shy, I'd say that's probably the reason.
Reply 5
Haven't had a gf. Well I had a "gf" when I was like 14. It doesn't count though lol, saw her like twice.

I dunno, I think it's a mixture of things. Haven't met anyone I really clicked with. Never met many girls at school one way or another (I was at a single-sex school). I know girls now, but none I want to go out with. It's definitely not because of my love of being single, but I'm not looking really hard for anything.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by concubine

Hard sell
Moi. Haven't met a guy I like that isn't taken, gay, or just plain disinterested!

I'm really... not shy, I can banter no problem, but I'm unconfident. I don't think guys see me as the girlfriend type.

It never really bothered me, but it's starting to. I'm not going to rush into a relationship for the hell of it though. As long as I'm not still single by the age of 25 or something, I won't worry about spending the rest of my life alone until then! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

:rofl: Judging from the sig and the username, I doubt you're my type. But thanks anyway :p:
Reply 9
I have never had a girlfriend due to various reasons, two of them being my strong morals and the preference of academic interests over social interactions, but I do not see it as a huge problem.

Is there anything special about you that repels males from you? As I see, you are very pretty which is the root of all attention in these times... :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
:rofl: Judging from the sig and the username, I doubt you're my type. But thanks anyway :p:

See! She's so picky, that's why she's single :P
Original post by Life_peer
Is there anything special about you that repel males from you? As I see, you are very pretty which is the root of all attention in these times... :sherlock:

Haha, well firstly I know how to make myself look good in pictures, so I don't look quite that good in real life, and second I've always been known as the weird nerdy girl, I only just started uni so now I'm getting a bit more confident :smile:

Original post by bj_945
See! She's so picky, that's why she's single :P

Yeah, it's true. I just don't see the point of being with someone you don't see a future with :dontknow:
Reply 12

Yeah, it's true. I just don't see the point of being with someone you don't see a future with :dontknow:

And you don't see a future with concubine? :confused:
Who needs friends when you have A*s!!!!!!!
Original post by bj_945
And you don't see a future with concubine? :confused:

I'll have to reserve my judgement on that one till I get to know him better. Which may not happen :p:
I've not. I'm 16 so I don't think it's that bad really. I just don't meet many new guys and I suppose I can be quite miserable. :p:

I am more of a nerd than you, girlfriend.
I am more of a nerd than you, girlfriend.

Haha, I doubt that very much :p:
Reply 18
To ugly, have no social life and girls inthe 21st century have a very high snce of entitlement
Reply 19
Me. I'm waiting for my fiance to come riding along on his white horse with a large broom so that he can sweep me off of my feet. However if I could and actually wanted to get a boyfriend, I dare say I could have just about anyone. :tongue:

Coz that's how I roll.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending