The Student Room Group

need relationship advice from british asian muslims :(

basically, i want a girlfriend but i don't have any idea on how to approach a girl i like. so if u guys can give me any advice or stories on how u met your partner, except the usual "we were in the same class" or "met through friends" it would really be appreciated.

Plus, i seem to know very little about girls in general, i went to an all boys schoool and feel likee i missed outt, especially now that im in uni there are hardly any brit asian muslim girls and there are no girls i like, most other girls are unfriendly...........i dunno wot to do, i can't carry on always being around guys, i just cant... and i've made some female friends but i think im ready for a relationship...just need to find a girl

situation is completely different to normal, thats why im asking other muslims, i mean i cant go clubbing to find this girl, thats not the kind i want, and theres none at uni.....plus i kinda wanna keep it secret if you knw what i mean
Reply 1
ok i doomed
Reply 2
Shadi.com? :holmes:
Reply 3
I thought Muslims weren't allowed to date.
Reply 4
Original post by lonely14
Shadi.com? :holmes:

lol, no man i aint that desperate,
Reply 5
it happens alot so don't be surprised......
Reply 6
yeah you aint meant to, but still happens
Um, dating in secret isn't restricted to british asian muslims .. very narrow demographic :/ get some confidence, think 'what the hell' and make conversation with girls in coffee shops and libraries. You're at uni so the secrecy thing is kinda inconsequential as long as your parents don't have facebook and your friends/ other members of your family aren't blabbermouths.

Lots and lots of people at uni = lots of opportunities for dating .. just put yourself out there and see what happens :smile:
Reply 8
Why do you want a girlfriend , if your muslim you believe having a girlfriend is a major sin.
Astagfirullah.
Reply 10
@stems
could we not make this about Islam..............stuff like this happens anyway, i don't understand whats it to you?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
could we not make this about Islam..............

So why did you ask for advice from Muslims? I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume that Muslims practise Islam?

Hypocrite.
Reply 12
Original post by Hooovan*
So why did you ask for advice from Muslims? I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume that Muslims practise Islam?

Hypocrite.

omg are you serious, im fully aware of the teachings of islam thats why i dont need a bunch of randomers educating me on the religion, people like you getting some sort of satisfaction...........i have no idea why u do it, i didn't ask for help on what islam says about the situation ok.
Go gay.
Reply 14
not going gay.
Original post by Anonymous
omg are you serious, im fully aware of the teachings of islam thats why i dont need a bunch of randomers educating me on the religion, people like you getting some sort of satisfaction...........i have no idea why u do it, i didn't ask for help on what islam says about the situation ok.

Brother - be careful going down this route. I know it's tempting seeing guys and girls etc.. in relationships, but it is at the end of the day haraam.

I don't know you or your family so it's difficult to give an answer. It really does depend on what you're after. If you're after just a girlfriend to do all the intimate stuff with, sorry - I cannot help. But if you're looking to get to know a girl for potential marriage (and not simply to sleep with) then there's nothing wrong with that IMO, and it's quite easy to do.
Reply 16
Original post by lastmanstanding
Brother - be careful going down this route. I know it's tempting seeing guys and girls etc.. in relationships, but it is at the end of the day haraam.

I don't know you or your family so it's difficult to give an answer. It really does depend on what you're after. If you're after just a girlfriend to do all the intimate stuff with, sorry - I cannot help. But if you're looking to get to know a girl for potential marriage (and not simply to sleep with) then there's nothing wrong with that IMO, and it's quite easy to do.

I'm definately not having sex before marriage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending