The Student Room Group

What's the best lie you've ever told?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i wasn't raised like that so i haven't really told any proper lies.
Reply 81
I have never lied.
Reply 82
Not me, but my friend convinced everyone on her course I was half asian and polish.

Why she told them that I don't know, but they still believe it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Broderss
i lied about being a virgin so i could take the virginity of this super hot girl and it was so worth it. never saw her again though but i don't really care to be honest. in fact it turns me on thinking how upset she must have been that i lied and exploited her innocence.

desperate idiot
Original post by shootforstars
I actually love all of these :biggrin::biggrin: I tried to convince a friend that the Doctor was real and that we couldn't remember any of the big events because the Torchwood lot has secretly retconed all of us!

How do you know that's not true?..

Given the vastness of space, and the possibility of an infinite number of multiple universes, there will be at least one where that is true.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
*bows* thank you. My best lies are usually the ones about the lies I've told, although the ones I just put up are actually true, but I don't think my sister believes them anymore. Those were the best lies I actually told. but I enjoy lying about convincing people things. :lol:

Like I could say that I convinced my friend that I was actually from the future but one of the weeping angels got me and transported me to the year 2000. I said that I was actually from the year 3000 and no, we don't all live underwater, Busted lied. They visited the year 21000 but that didn't have the same ring as 3000. :L

:biggrin::biggrin: I always knew Busted were lying.

Original post by OceanInTheSky
How do you know that's not true?..

Given the vastness of space, and the possibility of an infinite number of multiple universes, there will be at least one where that is true.

Good point!!
I don't know if it counts as a lie, deception probably.

During year 10/11 I had something called an extended work experience placement, every thursday afternoon for two years I had to go to a placement. Unfortunately nowhere I wanted to go could accomodate this.

SO a family friend who ran a business filled in the paperwork for me and subsequently I got every thursday afternoon off for two years!

Now I'm in college this doesn't seem like a big deal but at the time I was so happy! So yeah that's my biggest lie/deceptive activity, and I got away with it!
Original post by shootforstars
:biggrin::biggrin: I always knew Busted were lying.

Good point!!

Well, to be fair to them, the Master was messing with their minds a bit. :lol: Stole their time machine. And then married me in the future, still waiting for him to pick me up, but apparently stealing another time machine will be tricky. He's a better liar than me, in fact. :lol:

And of course the Doctor is real, I killed his 15th regeneration. He was so patronising! I had to shoot him. Had to. His 16th is much hotter, I'm glad to say. :lol:
Reply 88
I was born a girl.
I never got my Hogwarts letter.
Reply 90
Original post by EmperorMustard
I put on my cv that I have 3 nipples.

I used to know a guy like you... we called him TNT

Triple Nipple Thomas
Original post by greebo-man
'right Holden?

This actually isnt a lie, The Catcher in the Rye is my favourite book!!! :h:

Oh dear. :K:
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
This actually isnt a lie, The Catcher in the Rye is my favourite book!!! :h:

Oh dear. :K:

best book.
Reply 93
a truth...!!
Reply 94
some lass wouldnt leave me alone in a club :frown: so i said i had genital warts :O then she went :L
I told my history teacher that I was late because I was helping an old lady across the road. Really I'd just lost track of time probably bunking or something. Not sure if she believed me...
Reply 96
I have to return some videotapes
Original post by jb9191
Every school has one of these.

Jay From Inbetweeners.

Damn, beat me to it :p:
Original post by R3L4Y
This is the BEST lie to ever tell.
You can get away with pretty much everything cos everyone thinks if you were lying they would be able to tell.
You have to make it believable and convincing first. With little things like:

OMG did you eat my pizza? --> "NO!" laugh nervously
EW! did you just fart? --->"NO!" laugh nervously.

Try hiding someone's phone and give in within a minute of them asking where it is ...and just start laughin really loud and go "I'm sorry I can't do it" and hand it back.

People will end up thinking that if you can't keep a straight face with small lies...to lie about other bigger stuff like cheating, stealing, scheming and conning would be impossible and they wouldn't even consider you being a suspect.
MWHAHAHAHA.
That and all your small lies will be instantly bullet proof. Useful to use on 1) unwanted people: "OH sorry. I wasn't at home.", 2)Selfishness "I'm sorry, I don't have any money/food/drink" 3)Lecturers "Oh no yeh, I'm almost done with my research project." 4)Friendship "Nah don't worry. I don't fancy your bf. So not my type"

I've told many big lies but unfortunately I can't post anonymously.

Girls don't fart.
Reply 99
Original post by SolarElephant
Girls don't fart.

Of course we don't
"We aren't suppose to fart, douche , use tampons and have hair in places we shouldn't."

Spoiler

My point. lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending