The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dance with your friends, if someone comes just move to the opposite side of the circle, if they persist you have a circle of friends to get rid of them..
Original post by NeonSkies
Go to less sleazy clubs? What that guy did when he spiked your drink is unacceptable you should report him to the police if you have an idea of what he looks like or his name or something.

This.
.. and thats why you should keep your friends nearby too.
If you usually go with a group of girls.. have some guy friends there... or even your friend's bfs might come along?
Original post by Mm_Minty
What, so now guys think it's ok to beat you up if you reject them?
I cannot fathom some people :rolleyes:

Not what I said.
I just think if you want to keep your face largely intact, assaulting and hurling abuse at drunk, slightly dickish men in nightclubs is probably a poor way to go about it.
Reply 143
Original post by teshnit
mmm i wna club you with my meat :smile:

try a can of mace and spray them in the face if they try next time lol

I'm pretty sure using mace because someone is being 'creepy' isn't legal. It's for stopping violence etc. Self defence doesn't cover macing whoever you feel like on the slightest provocation :tongue:. You wouldn't be allowed to take it into a club anyways.

OP: It sounds like you have been unfortunate in meeting some particularly pushy guys. I think you should try different clubs. People are on it at the ones I go to but not to the extent that an obviously negative response wouldn't be understood. I don't understand pursuing someone when they're not interested and they're are hundreds of other women around.

No excuses for harassing someone whatever the environment. Guys who do this are pretty weakminded in my opinion.
Original post by Blueflare
I like how this thread implies that you are so fabulously attractive that no one can resist you. :awesome:

Or so horrendously ugly that they think she'd be grateful for the attention.

OP: You can get a bouncer to get these men kicked out if they're harassing you. Then maybe they'll learn.
Original post by Anonymous
Anon as I know people on here.

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.

Having read your post it is still probably likely to be one of these or a combination:

Dressing sluttily

Not being firm

Being totally and absolutely irresistible (unlikely, even Cheryl Cole doesn't get that much attention - believe it or not, most men are scared by beautiful women)

You say you don't dress sluttily.

Are you firm? The other night a girl friend phoned me up almost in tears because some guy "followed her home". I went round to kick him out and it turned out she hadn't even asked him to leave; he thought he was going to get some because she didn't say he wasn't. It didn't help she was dressed like a slut and pulled him though, but it's not the first time she's done it. She's flattered by the attention and then scared when she gets herself in a pickle.

The latter isn't likely either. I get told my girlfriend is absolutely stunning a lot but in a club she gets little attention; she's classy and doesn't look easy so not so many guys talk to her.

Give me some examples of interactions and I'll tell you what the problem is.

Edit

Try different clubs too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TShadow383
Not what I said.
I just think if you want to keep your face largely intact, assaulting and hurling abuse at drunk, slightly dickish men in nightclubs is probably a poor way to go about it.

Throwing water counts as assault now? :s-smilie:
Throwing water counts as assault now? :s-smilie:

Legally, yes.
Original post by TShadow383
Legally, yes.

This is where our "justice" system falls down :facepalm2:
Reply 149
Maybe try to dress down a bit? (Perhaps you already do this.)
Reply 150
Take a drawing pin, put it between your fingers. Too close for comfort? Quick jab.
Reply 151
Original post by hannahlouise25

OP I totally agree with you, last week I told his guy 4 times to leave me alone, and he still ignored me. I then physcially pushed him away, and all he did was move onto my best friend! It's utterly disgusting and it has reached a level where the only way I feel comfortable going out is with my male friends. But I don't see why this should be the case!

why do you like being degraded so? you go to a club and have men grope you like you said and yet you insist on going to such places. why?! I would never stand for such behaviour from anyone, ever and it has never happened to me. I am sorry but I stand by what I said - if you don't want such attention then dress accordingly. I can understand that you want to go out looking good but is this type of humiliation and treatment by these men worth it? and if you are going just to listen to music and have a good time with your friends then why go though all that, why can't you just dress like you are going for a coffee? you don't necessarily have to go looking like a tramp. I go to clubs wearing jeans, t-shirt and some flat shoes so that I can walk home in comfort. in clubs I see some girls dressed like they are desperate, forgive me for saying, and that makes me feel sick.
Blueflare and Cinqueta - your first posts to the OP are so rude.

OP- I have had the same experience and I'm 17 and going to under 18's clubs, and it's still the same. I hate it, I repeatedly tell them to get off me and that I have a boyfriend but I keep getting the same old skirt lifting and bum grabbing and it really pisses me off, theres not much to avoid it except it sometimes helps if you stick with your male friends, I don't really have much experience of real clubbing lol :L But it sometimes works for me :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by Rock Fan
She said she doesn't dress like that, read the thread!

To the OP just get someone to watch your drink in future and keep saying no to them guys, yeah some never get the hint but they'll get bored eventually.

well she is clearly doing something wrong. I have never had anyone approach me like that.
Reply 154
This is where our "justice" system falls down :facepalm2:
'Assault' does not have to entail touching, and this has been the case for some time. It is causing the apprehension of immediate harm, not causing that harm. For example, raising my fist to you and stopping a fraction of an inch from your face would still be assault, regardless of contact.
Reply 155
Original post by Anonymous
Anon as I know people on here.

I'm getting really sick of being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. Really sick of it. When I go to a club I don't go to pull, I go there to just chill out with my friends and dance a bit. I really love clubbing for that reason and don't want to stop going. But it seems that everytime I go out at the moment it turns into an unpleasant experience as I end up with loads of creeps following me, touching me, one guy even shoved his tongue down my throat without warning the other night. . . I always say "no" or "f*** off" or "I'm not interested" but still they pursue me, try to grind with me or something else.

Guys just don't take "No" for an answer, even if you say it repeatedly. Hell I even had to slap a guy recently and scream, "GET OFF ME!" and he still pursued me. What can I do?

Now don't get me wrong, if people want to pull at clubs that's fine, that's there call but I never ask for that kind of attention, i.e. I don't wear particularly tight or revealing clothing when I go out to get attention. I also don't drink, or drink that much, mostly because I had a horrible experience recently where my drink got spiked and I was dragged off to some guy's house.

I always thought pulling or meeting someone should be a sub aim of the evening, not the focus to find anything that moves to f***. All I want is to be left alone. And if someone wants to ask me out or hell, even pull me, they can treat me in a respectable manner and not try and pull my skirt up in a club or touch me.

Sorry about the rant. Anyone agree with me? Hell any advice? I really don't want to stop clubbing as I love it.

gals who just wanna party and don't wanna get hit on go to the GAY BAR/CLUB
Reply 156
Original post by APonderingMind
Then I don't see the point in girls going clubbing if they are planning to dress this way. Part of the fun of going to clubs is the dress up... so dressing crappy would ruin the atmosphere.

Going gay bars is probably the best solution.

This is why mummy has always taught me to never finish a drink after leaving it.

if you plan to dress this way then be prepared to be treated accordingly. I wear jeans and t-shirt and I have a blast with my friends when I go clubbing
Original post by tinshed
well she is clearly doing something wrong. I have never had anyone approach me like that.

There is such thing as girls just being targeted for no reason.
Original post by LawBore
'Assault' does not have to entail touching, and this has been the case for some time. It is causing the apprehension of immediate harm, not causing that harm. For example, raising my fist to you and stopping a fraction of an inch from your face would still be assault, regardless of contact.

Wonderful.
Some girls like it, nay, encourage it, not all of them though. Just don't go on the dancefloor where there's pervs about;

Latest

Trending

Trending