The Student Room Group

I saw an extremely hot girl on the train today...

Scroll to see replies

troll be trollin
LOL fail. You should have used this pick up line:

"hi my name is alex, what's yours?"

I have a 100% success rate with it.
Original post by batboy113
Well, i've been seeing her on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks, and I saw her AGAIN today. She was sitting down, and I thought that it was a great opportunity for me to approach her. I've been going on 'becomeaplayer.com' recently, and came across an article (on the website) which said that you should start the conversation with a chat-up line. The article clearly stated that the chat-up line had to be funny, and that if you don't get a positive reaction from the girl (her laughing) your chances are over. I came up with what I percieved to be a great chat-up line. So I approached her and said:

Me: Can I borrow your phone?

Her: What?

Me: I need to phone God in order to tell him that one of his angels is missing.

Her: What are you talking about?

Yep, that's when I walked away and apologised for wasting her time. I'm extremely upset right now, and feel as if i've blown my chances. Do you guys/girls think there is any hope with this chick or should I give up???

Did God find his missing angel?
Wtf!? That site must be utter crap then and you must be a gullible socially awkward douche. You should never open with a rubbish pickup line like that. Guys these days, I swear!
Reply 64
Original post by mau5
The biggest shame here is using a site called ''becomeaplayer.com''.

LOL!
I agree with the other posts, there are plenty of girls out there (a word of advice never use a chat-up line in a public place unless its a close friend or a boy/girlfriend who will find it funny....trust me I've been on the receiving end of one :tongue:) the last rule is never use a chat-up line on a shy person it makes them feel like the certain of attention which they hate.:biggrin:

Hope you listened :cool:
Reply 66
surely not

i think drunkeness is the main feature in the success of chat up lines
They see me trollinnnnn they hatin'
Reply 68
Dude! This is so common and people don't know how to fix it until its too late.

Go over there, with confidence

1.apologize
2. Compliment(just one), and tell her that you wanted to meet her for a while now, but that you were AFRAID to say the wrong thing. Yes, AFRAID, its humane and everyone understands it :wink:

Oh and don't plan out the conversation. It would only confuse yourself.

For anyone reading...DON'T USE PICKUP LINES!!! Unless you know how to use them in a funny way. Preferably don't use. Unless you want to go through that again:biggrin:

Try it, Trust me it works :colone:
Good Luck!!!
Reply 69
For the love of God, whatever ever happened to the good old fashioned "Hi"?
Reply 70
Go for the jugular next time; walk up and say "Can I have your number? I'd start up a conversation but I don't have time to stay and chat and you're just too pretty to pass up the opportunity to get to know you"
Then either get the number or don't and **** off. It's not like you'll ever see her again if she says no.
Oh wait you get the same train often. ROOKIE MISTAKE.

I've never tried this so it might not work, but hey, it MIGHT.
Report back.
Oh yeah and if you say "got to go" then make sure you go.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by balface
The worst thing was, this guy was definitely 25+ and I very much looked my age. *shudders*

how go you make the cupcakes in your sig have you got the recipe.
Failblog. Mate.
I think a few people are just being a bit too harsh on you. I admire your courage; that's not to say that it was a good move. Best thing to do is just go for some small talk- ask about where she gets off, what she does for a living... blah blah blah. You get the drift.
Reply 74
You would be knee deep in clunge by now had you just winked at her when you'd said this.
Reply 75
Original post by Guy Secretan
how go you make the cupcakes in your sig have you got the recipe.

I'm afraid I didn't make them, I wish I had!

However, I do liking baking, so I would imagine it's a simple case of making normal cupcakes and icing them with blue butter icing in a rather haphazard fashion. Then, make the whites of the eyes out of pre-made ready to roll icing (cutting out with circular cutters), using a piping bag to make the pupils and crush the cookies appropiately.
Please tell me your not that retarded?
Reply 77
Original post by sahil112
i thought 4 a second ur name says battyboy lol

lol
Reply 78
Original post by batboy113
Well, i've been seeing her on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks, and I saw her AGAIN today. She was sitting down, and I thought that it was a great opportunity for me to approach her. I've been going on 'becomeaplayer.com' recently, and came across an article (on the website) which said that you should start the conversation with a chat-up line. The article clearly stated that the chat-up line had to be funny, and that if you don't get a positive reaction from the girl (her laughing) your chances are over. I came up with what I percieved to be a great chat-up line. So I approached her and said:

Me: Can I borrow your phone?

Her: What?

Me: I need to phone God in order to tell him that one of his angels is missing.

Her: What are you talking about?

Yep, that's when I walked away and apologised for wasting her time. I'm extremely upset right now, and feel as if i've blown my chances. Do you guys/girls think there is any hope with this chick or should I give up???

This is pure art.

Go back to her next tome you see her, and apologize, telling her that you were distracted by how gorgeous she is, and you weren't really paying attention to what you were saying. Try and make a joke about it, but don't make a big thing of saying 'I'm an idiot.'

Then ask if she'd mind you sitting next to her every now and again. Here you have an opening to have some actual conversations with her.

EDIT: ignore me, I didn't see the date. Sorry.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers
the internet will not solve your problems

Hahaha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending