The Student Room Group

Girls with male doctors/gynecologist...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Don't understand why dudes would wanna go into gyno... every check up surely must be awkward!
Reply 61
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Do you feel comfortable with it? If he tells you to open your legs...? Is it still okay for you? When he has to perform some checks in your private zone...and has to touch there, is it okay? I ask this because I had a friend who told me that she her gynecologist might been feeling her up? Have you ever felt like that?

Very cheeky. You know, you did not have to be so graphic/rude in your description young man! :eek:
Reply 62
Open your legs?
Thought of being felt up?
Comfortable with the situation?

Yes, for some naive users I might sound creepy. Sorry but the world creepy even at daytime in your healthcare centre. Grow up.

lol why are people replying, op is clearly getting off on these answers due to some weird fetish.
Reply 63
Are you trying to use a sexuality identity as an insult?:eek: Does it really matter if she is lesbian and likes being felt up by female doctors.:rolleyes:

Poof.

Original post by Mujeriego
Why?

The idea that doctors would have to go to such lengths to prevent accusations and being sued. Even in a society like our own which isn't particularly litigious.
Reply 64
Original post by pinkmeerkat
I'm a student midwife - so only see the obs side of obs and gynae (a lot of gynaecologists are often obstetricians) but ALL the dr's male or female at my trust should be chaperoned when performing intimate examinations which is a little bit ridiculous IMO when the same rule doesnt apply to midwives.

I'm not sure if its a hard and fast rule as such though, I think sometimes the dr's ask just cus its easier to have an assistant when performing speculum examinations and such, not really for other purposes.

Well, yes, I'd only really object it was seen as obligatory.

I mean, I've been 'intimately examined' by a young, female GP. As much as I was amused by it when I saw her in the pub a week or so later, I know full well that they aren't getting their kicks from it and, indeed, have seen it all before.
Reply 65
Original post by yahyahyah
lol why are people replying, op is clearly getting off on these answers due to some weird fetish.

Yours is the best.:rolleyes:
Reply 66
Original post by mauvetard
Very cheeky. You know, you did not have to be so graphic/rude in your description young man! :eek:

Rude? I went straight to the point. I don't care about taboos.
Reply 67
Original post by qasman
Don't understand why dudes would wanna go into gyno... every check up surely must be awkward!

Why not ask them?
when they're checking you you should just do a reenactment for when harry met sally
Reply 69
Original post by rainbowbex
Surely a chaperone is important in a situation like this, given the room for allegations that could damage a doctors career? Surely most doctors would want someone else present in the room, if not actually watching as it were?

Absolutely - even as a female I have a chaperone for all intimate examinations of both sexes (though not always for catheters). I actually also find it quite useful to have someone around to help the patient position themselves, pass equipment, adjust lights etc.

There are a few situations where there might not be a suitable chaperone around - for example a GP on a home visit or in an emergency when there's not time to find one - but these are few and far between.

SoulfulBoy
Open your legs?
Thought of being felt up?
Comfortable with the situation?

Yes, for some naive users I might sound creepy. Sorry but the world creepy even at daytime in your healthcare centre. Grow up.

You make no sense.

As for why men would want to go into obs&gynae - because it's an interesting job combining medicine and surgery, with a (generally) young, healthy patient cohort who tend to have quite good outcomes. It has better career progression than other surgical specialties, and they're actually really keen to recruit men at the moment - it's got rather female-dominated at the junior end, and then they end up with massive rota gaps when the women go off to have babies. I actually really like it as a specialty, but I'm not into surgery enough to want to pursue it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by nazirard
It's probably more for the sake of the patient rather than to keep an eye on the doctor.:rolleyes:

At my hospital we chaperone patients for any below the waist procedure, regardless of the sex of the doctor. Not sure why. Perhaps just because the patients know the nursing staff but not the docs, so it makes them feel more comfortable having someone they are familiar with there?

Original post by rainbowbex
Surely a chaperone is important in a situation like this, given the room for allegations that could damage a doctors career? Surely most doctors would want someone else present in the room, if not actually watching as it were?

That's another good point. We're usually advised to do everything in twos (doctor-related or not) to avoid possible liability. Kind of scary that that is needed, really...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
Do you feel comfortable with it? If he tells you to open your legs...? Is it still okay for you? When he has to perform some checks in your private zone...and has to touch there, is it okay? I ask this because I had a friend who told me that she her gynecologist might been feeling her up? Have you ever felt like that?

Doesn't bother me at all.
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
I've always wondered why some men even become gynecologists, or women who become urologists. It's an invitation to career long awkwardness.

money
Original post by Helenia
Absolutely - even as a female I have a chaperone for all intimate examinations of both sexes (though not always for catheters). I actually also find it quite useful to have someone around to help the patient position themselves, pass equipment, adjust lights etc.

There are a few situations where there might not be a suitable chaperone around - for example a GP on a home visit or in an emergency when there's not time to find one - but these are few and far between.

Aye - but if a patient refuses a chaperone, and then causes complaint later?

or are the cases of refusing few and far imbetween and the complaints even farer. (yes bad grammar but you get me?)
Original post by Happy Insomniac
At my hospital we chaperone patients for any below the waist procedure, regardless of the sex of the doctor. Not sure why. Perhaps just because the patients know the nursing staff but not the docs, so it makes them feel more comfortable having someone they are familiar with there?

That's another good point. We're usually advised to do everything in twos (doctor-related or not) to avoid possible liability. Kind of scary that that is needed, really...

the pt safety/doctor safety (i.e not allowing for allegations of any kind) seems to be the main reason in my experience - it's a method of protecting both people involved..
Well if he acted inappropriately I would probably kick him in the head.

That said, my GP looked so embarrassed when he put his hand on my naked breast whilst checking for a chest infection. Had me in stitches afterwards. :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending