The Student Room Group

Vaginismus /low sex drive

Hello,

I’ve had vaginismus for a while it’s always something I’ve struggled with. Lately I have been struggling with a huge loss of sex drive and I’m worried it’s never going to come back it’s been going on for at least 6 months now. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?
Hmm i can't relate to your experience sorry. I would go to a sexual health clinic or your gp though
Reply 2
I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this difficult situation. It's important to remember that you're not alone in your experiences, and many individuals face challenges with their sexual health at some point in their lives.

Loss of sex drive can have various causes, and in your case, dealing with vaginismus may contribute to this issue. It's essential to reach out to a healthcare professional, such as a gynecologist or a therapist specializing in sexual health, who can provide you with guidance and support tailored to your specific situation. They can help determine the underlying factors contributing to your loss of sex drive and provide strategies or treatments to address them.

Additionally, consider seeking emotional support from a therapist or counselor who can help you cope with the emotional aspects of your condition. It's also helpful to communicate openly with your partner about your feelings and experiences, as they can provide valuable support during this time.

Remember that recovery from sexual health issues can be a journey, and it's entirely possible to regain your sex drive and improve your overall well-being with the right professional guidance and support.
Reply 3
How old are you? Are you in a current relationship, and for how long have you been together? Are you on any hormonal contraception? Taking any medicines, especially anti depressants? How is your mental health - any specific stresses? You in otherwise good health?

Quick Reply

Latest