The Student Room Group

POLL:Did you lose your virginity to a virgin or a non virgin?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sixthformer
it matters a lot
if shows you are not promiscuous, and you will only have sex after marrige
it shows you can wait, focus on education
it shows you do not just follow lust

Well done, now please come into the real world where people dont really care who is a virgin or not.
Original post by Alt__x
That is really awful. I don't think a lot of people, particularly virgins, get how little virginty matters.

I know, people make such a big deal of it but in reality if you expect every girl you go out with to be a virgin then you have stupidly high expectations. People like to have sex, it's not a big deal. Grrr! haha
doesn't really matter tbh...virgin or non-virgin all the same to me
Original post by sixthformer
it matters a lot
if shows you are not promiscuous, and you will only have sex after marrige
it shows you can wait, focus on education
it shows you do not just follow lust

Non-virgin. Also not promiscuous. Also achieved well at school and got into a top uni for my course.

Sex is not an evil.
I lost it to a non virgin, he's the only ex I still talk to so it's ok. :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by ily_em
To a virgin, but it's of no significance to me. If I'd got with my bf and he told me he wasn't a virgin, it's not like I'd have said 'no thanks' and gone hunting for a virgin :erm:

This! Was a virgin for me but I didn't choose it to be that way, was just how the cookie crumbled
I lost it to a virgin
Reply 27
xxxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Non-virgin, would have preferred a virgin actually. He just acted so confidently and was like "lights on? why would I turn them off?!?!!?", it was a bit intimidating. I'm sure that only made me worse :|
Original post by gleamingsun
:sexface: call me, dear.

I'm doing fine by myself, thanks :wink:
Reply 30
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
He was a non-virgin but I thought he'd only slept with his ex girlfriend. I found out after we'd slept together that he'd also had a one night stand.

Apparently he "thought he'd told me".

I might have reconsidered getting into a relationship with him if I'd known that, because I was so nervous.
(edited 13 years ago)
Lost mine to a virgin, pretty pleased on how this worked out since ended up being with that one for a few years and wouldn't change it at all :yep:
Non-virgin.
I didn't particularly care either way; virginity has never been important in my opinion.
To a non-virgin, but he'd only slept with one other so there wasn't a huge difference.

I almost lost it to a virgin but we broke up before we could seal the deal. I'm glad we didn't then because we were both too young looking back, and I'm glad I lost it to who I did - a partner I was with for 2 years and loved very dearly. I've never regretted it in any way, don't think I ever will.
I used to think I'd prefer them to be a virgin, just because I hope to find someone I can stay with longterm (maybe for life) so we might as well start together.
Now that I'm actually at an age where I might lose it soon (19) and with a boyfriend (who happens to be a virgin), I'm much more nervous and part of me wonders if I'd prefer someone who wasn't a virgin so they would know what they were doing.

My first boyfriend was also a virgin, but he was American and full of confidence so with him I wasn't nervous about it and it seemed like it would be easy and natural if it ever happened (except obviously we didn't get to that stage of relationship anyway). So basically the conclusion I have come to is that I guess it depends on the individual and virginity is irrelevant to whether it will be good or not. I am just not ready yet and I don't feel like my boyfriend is either but I feel like my ex-boyfriend probably was. If this makes any sense.
Lost it to a non-virgin. Surely losing it to someone you care about is more important than whether they're a virgin or not.
Reply 37
I kinda wish I lost it to a virgin.
The uptight people about it are the ones that over think everything, worry about what everyone else thinks rather than what they really want, probably have self esteem issues etc etc it's the person that matters, not whether they met someone else before you zzz yawn :yawn:
Reply 39
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending