The Student Room Group

What do I do about this 1 night stand (that I cannot get over!!!!!) ??

Ok I had a 1 night stand with a guy from a university that is just down the road from my own university. (This was just before the Christmas break) Now I can't stop thinking about him, I've seen him on Facebook but I would obviously look stupid talking to him again. We didn't speak the morning after, he looked embarrassed.. although he did walk me to the bus stop. The night it happened we were both a little bit drunk, he turned the lights out (again I think he was shy) and then started kissing me.. he said to me I think you are beautiful, and I asked him why he thought that? He replied saying what? have you not seen yourself? He sounded like he was being pretty serious when he said that and he asked me why I don't have a boyfriend.. After we had sex I woke up in the night and we was lying really close to me.. Now I can't get over it, I keep thinking about it all the time. I really thought he was good looking and I know I should get over it :frown: Do you think he was just using a tactic to get me into bed by saying I was beautiful? Why am I getting so emotional about it????
Reply 1
I still can't understand why people come on TSR asking for solutions to these problems. You're going to get the same generic answers... No one knows you personally. Why don't you talk to a friend about it; at least they know you. They'd be able to help you out better than any troll could.
its your hormones
Yeah you've already posted this before just message him on facebook asking if he wants to go for a drink don't keep going on about it.
Reply 4
Original post by calamitysarah
just ask him out for a hot chocolate :smile: if he makes excuses not to go.. then assume he isn't that into you and move on.

Why a hot chocolate. Typical post like this would be a 'coffee'. Is there some magic, persuasion power in hot chocolate that we are not aware about? :zomg:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Ok I had a 1 night stand with a guy from a university that is just down the road from my own university. (This was just before the Christmas break) Now I can't stop thinking about him, I've seen him on Facebook but I would obviously look stupid talking to him again. We didn't speak the morning after, he looked embarrassed.. although he did walk me to the bus stop. The night it happened we were both a little bit drunk, he turned the lights out (again I think he was shy) and then started kissing me.. he said to me I think you are beautiful, and I asked him why he thought that? He replied saying what? have you not seen yourself? He sounded like he was being pretty serious when he said that and he asked me why I don't have a boyfriend.. After we had sex I woke up in the night and we was lying really close to me.. Now I can't get over it, I keep thinking about it all the time. I really thought he was good looking and I know I should get over it :frown: Do you think he was just using a tactic to get me into bed by saying I was beautiful? Why am I getting so emotional about it????

I swear this exact same thread has been posted before...
Go back and bang him again. Simples.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

I can see that you are emotional about it.

I think you should talk to him again and give yourself a chance to reevaluate the possibilities. You will then be better able to decide whether it’s right for you or not. Now is the time to understand that if it’s not right so you can get yourself clear of this potential emotional drag.

Best Wishes
Reply 8
Original post by INTJ
I swear this exact same thread has been posted before...

H&R is essentially cyclical: you've probably just been here for longer than three hours.
he could have been saying you're beautiful just to get you to sleep with him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't think you're beautiful, it just means he was drunk and horny. go for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending