The Student Room Group

Obsessed with TSR guy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Roo Bix
You need to be practical and not let your emotions conflict with your responsibilities. Organize yourself to revise, then speak to him on Skype, almost like a daily planner.

You're very right.
Your plan sounds sensible. I suppose I just need to try and throw myself into some complex concept and get lost in science to confuse my brain and distract myself!
It sounds as though you are soulmates <3 lol
I always daydream, about everything lol x
Anyway, I think you should try to spend a lot less time together, not try to overload yourself. :smile:
Good luck x
Reply 42
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
It sounds as though you are soulmates <3 lol
I always daydream, about everything lol x
Anyway, I think you should try to spend a lot less time together, not try to overload yourself. :smile:
Good luck x

Soulmates don't exist! Unless you mean one of many possible soulmates.
We only see each other once a week normally though. It's the rest of the days where it hits hard.
Thanks for the reply nevertheless.
I don't know, possibly masturbate, maybe that will shut you up.
Now your predicament is like what Im heading for. OP I strongly agree that there are guy on here that would truly sweep you off your feet :colondollar:
Reply 45
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I don't know, possibly masturbate, maybe that will shut you up.

I'm an expert at that. But as I said before, this is nothing to do with sex.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an expert at that. But as I said before, this is nothing to do with sex.

I haven't read any replies, and I didn't read all your story just the short bit. Masturbate more?
Reply 47
Now your predicament is like what Im heading for. OP I strongly agree that there are guy on here that would truly sweep you off your feet :colondollar:

TSR guys have got game!
Reply 48
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I haven't read any replies, and I didn't read all your story just the short bit. Masturbate more?

Let's just say I had to go cold turkey on that ****. For a reason. Say no more.
As before, I'm not missing sex, I'm just thinking about him!
Let's just say I had to go cold turkey on that ****. For a reason. Say no more.
As before, I'm not missing sex, I'm just thinking about him!

Why? When you can think about me instead, I am going to be sitting with her majesty in a couple of days sipping Sherry with a stocking on the end of my penis, does that not entice you more?
Reply 50
grow

the

up
You are the man. Thanks for actually writing all that, really.

Well, I mentioned before that we have but that's extremely irrelevant because that's not why I'm thinking of him and I don't think it makes the situation any better or changes anything at all. Basically, I'm not distracting because I want sex!

Funnily enough, I am training to be a medical doctor...this is also why the exams are so important and demanding :mad:

Thank you for your advice about finding another more temporary distraction :smile: I'll try this.

I doubt he'd appreciate me telling him how much I like him - he already knows. Too well.

I do experience time pressures because I'm a disorganised person already. This situation is adding to my standard procrastination issues :tongue:
I don't directly feel like I'm going to lose him or anything. It's simply just because I miss his presence! He just seems to have a big impact on me - I practically get blurred vision and almost faint at times!

I suppose I may have thought of imaginary situations but they're not that far from real life!

I am glad to be helpful at least to a certain degree. I understand that sexual arousal is out, but only to make my previous thoughts more reasonable, I was thinking about a hormonal effect of either androgens or oestrogens it is not really my area and I fail to refresh my biology knowledges at this late hour. Anyway, you are going to be an MD so you surely know it. However, I know that a sexual intercourse makes male (mainly testosterone) and female hormones (oestrone, oestradiol, oestriol, progesterone) to align. People do not usually feel to take another round hence the effect is rather reducing the libido. Especially after an orgasm.

We have a future MD in family so I can imagine the need for concentration. :s-smilie: I myself have read parts of several books and it was certainly not easy to remember which artery leads to which muscle.

You are probably doing right not informing him of this obsession. You do not seem to get scary, but there is no need to explicitly discuss every feeling.

I am experiencing procrastination myself, but I am more of a phlegmatic person hence do not really know the time stress. Despite of this, I have read some psychology books and as far as I understand the context in your situation, the stress you are experiencing in your everyday life may be the reason why your mind tries to bring in positive thoughts about your boyfriend. It is basically the same effect as observed within children whose parents argue and their escape from the reality is to create an imaginary place where they feel good. I am not trying to imply that you are in serious trouble or anything like that, but you may underestimate your stress level. Do you have any other regular activities or experiences other than your boyfriend? Do you feel well even if being without him? It is again a very common observation made within adolescent females who feel that their boyfriend is their escape from the reality, only he understands them or that it is only him who can make them feel good. Some even cross a thin imaginary line to self-mutilation when they do not feel his presence. Again, this is not about you, these are only examples to back up my thoughts.

How long have you been with him? Have you had boyfriends before him? If the answer to the second of these two questions is yes, do you observe any change in factors other than a specific boyfriend comparing the time while you have been with this one and the previous one(s)? It is a good sign that you do not feel the possibility of a loss, though. Imaginary situations not far from real life experience are a good sign either because they do not signalise a need to do certain activities together. To illustrate this, some people have great expectations for example a holiday spent together abroad about which they fantasise and only that single experience makes them feel entirely satisfied.

I suggest you to think about it over the night (well, primarily try to sleep, but that is up to you) and consider the facts you seem to be intelligent and rational, so it should not be a problem for you to realise that he is not going anywhere and you will spend more wonderful time together in the future, but everything has its boundaries and it is in your behalf to take a break and focus on school.

I am very tired now, so I am going to sleep, but if I could help you any more, it would be a pleasure to continue tomorrow. May you have Merry Christmas and a good night. :smile:
Lol, erm yeah but tbh that actually makes it worse, right?

:rolleyes: GROW UP!
Reply 53
you should get married. that'll give you the feeling he's not going anywhere very soon. later on you can always divorce him as you lose interest (that's what typically happens with you girls)
Reply 54
Original post by gleamingsun
:rolleyes: GROW UP!

Could you make that any more constructive?

I know I must seem immature but I'm not generally stupid!

Any reason for quoting that particular post?
Reply 55
Yes, now I am. But it's not a personality trait of mine. As in, I don't really ring up my friends or initiate contact with them etc. Never been so....uncontrollable...as this. It's pathetic. I do know. Just wanted tips from anyone who's gotten over this phase, I suppose :redface:

Give it time and, not only will you be bored of him, you'll probably want to throttle him - that's how most relationships end up. They start off at the stage of ardent infatuation and end up with a divorce and or murder :smile: Hope this helps.
Reply 56
Original post by ahnaf.c
you should get married. that'll give you the feeling he's not going anywhere very soon. later on you can always divorce him as you lose interest (that's what typically happens with you girls)

.....Yeah. Not a very practical solution!

I'm not even worried about him going anywhere - it's just that I can't help but think of him often!
Reply 57
Original post by INTJ
Give it time and, not only will you be bored of him, you'll probably want to throttle him - that's how most relationships end up. They start off at the stage of ardent infatuation and end up with a divorce and or murder :smile: Hope this helps.

You're right. In the event of that situation occurring, it'd be interesting to have the ability and experience to compare such contrasting emotions.

However, I was just looking for some short-term tips! :redface:
Could you make that any more constructive?

I know I must seem immature but I'm not generally stupid!

Any reason for quoting that particular post?

You need to have sex with him many, many times. I know it sounds weird but it's the best short-term solution you have.
If that fails you might need him to be clingy wich eventually will make you to reduce your own excessive attachment to him.
Reply 59
Original post by gleamingsun
You need to have sex with him many, many times. I know it sounds weird but it's the best short-term solution you have.
If that fails you might need him to be clingy wich eventually will make you to reduce your own excessive attachment to him.

....ok, I'll keep that in mind.....but how exactly does that work in stopping me thinking about him during the day?

True. No idea what I'd do if he felt like me. We'd probably end up eating each other in frustration or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending