The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WarmEye
I've found out from observation, they have this elite attitude when it comes to black people.

Why do some Black people have such an inferiority complex? Just accept that there's going to be people in this world who won't like Blacks and shut up. Why should such a petty issue bother you so much anyway? There's far more problems in the Black community than to be worrying about people who don't like us.

That generalization you made is racist in itself. Most Arabs and Polish people I've met were fine.

BTW, I'm Black.
Reply 41
Original post by lastmanstanding
Yep, they treat south Asians like crap.

I went there with my mate a year or two ago - and they were giving us such evils and being so rude, until we spoke in, obviously a British accent; then they were all nice with us! They had this whole attitude that 'it's our country'

I vowed that If I ever see an Emirate on British soil - i'd punch him in the face

ahem..your speaking to one, dw i dnt look down on indian people, I quite like them =)
I think everyone's a bit racist, nah?

but yes, some Arabs can be very racist, they assume others are racist to them and so they too develop a racist attitude towards others.
don't know about the 'racist to blacks' though, I haven't experienced/seen that within my community of Arab people :s-smilie:

I myself, am not racist towards blacks or any other race :angel:
(edited 13 years ago)
Some (non-black, obviously) Arabs are racist towards blacks, but those attitudes tend to be more prevalent in the older generations.
Reply 44
cultural differences. simples. why bother?
Some nations are deeply inward looking, such as the Arab countries and Japan. There are plenty of others.
Reply 46
Original post by WarmEye
I've found out from observation, they have this elite attitude when it comes to black people.

Because racism is based on a fear of unfamiliar things (people) and those living in ex-communist or otherwise closed states have not met people of a very different appearance as much.
Original post by domino0806

It is according to the untied nations...

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#europe
Original post by yorkie_in_kent
It is according to the untied nations...

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#europe

According to the United Nations Statistics Division
On the other hand it's classified as East-Central by the "United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names" and Central Europe by the CIA, The Economist, Encyclopaedia Britannica etc.
Poland being classified as "Eastern Europe" is a purely Cold War phenomenon.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 49
Lack of education.
Reply 50
Disproof by the use of counter example:

I'm eastern european and most certainly not racist.

OP's remark has a certain level of "racism" to it too.

I'm so sick of these assumptions and generalisations towards people from Eastern Europe - there are individuals in every country who are and will be racist, but to say that everyone from a certain background is racist, is very nationalist and unfair. In the same way, I could claim that all British people are prejudiced against Eastern Europeans. But I know that's not true, only some, like the OP, are, whilst others are perfectly reasonable individuals. The same can be said for most Eastern Europeans.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hmmm...

That is all.
Reply 52
I'm black and arab....& have never encountered racism in the middle-east :s-smilie:

& i'm not racist myself
btw my granmothers indian :smile: i think that covers everything... oh yh my cousins are black & russian :P
(edited 13 years ago)
lol
Reply 54
Original post by domino0806
According to the United Nations Statistics Division
On the other hand it's classified as East-Central by the "United Nations Group of Experts on Geographical Names" and Central Europe by the CIA, The Economist, Encyclopaedia Britannica etc.
Poland being classified as "Eastern Europe" is a purely Cold War phenomenon.

i assume the OP meant Eastern Europe politically, economically and culturally not geographically. No one really talks about Europe as Western, Central, Eastern. It is usually just Western and Eastern Europe.
Original post by Leonie01
i assume the OP meant Eastern Europe politically, economically and culturally not geographically. No one really talks about Europe as Western, Central, Eastern. It is usually just Western and Eastern Europe.

In what way does Poland have more in common politically or culturally with Russia, Ukraine or Belarus? Again, division into Western and Eastern Europe is derived from the political situation during the Cold War, which isn't at all relevant at this time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Anonymous
Everyone has that elite attitude in regards to black people...

Speak for yourself coward
Original post by ChaoticSkills
Why are you making stupid assumptions?

have you ever been to eastern europe?
Original post by WarmEye

Why do you care :s-smilie: , I'm sorry but how are we supposed to provide you with an answer to this or do you want to generate a race rage or have people saying 'because black people are ****'? I don't understand the purpose of this thread.

I'm mixed race and my mother who is black has worked in Dubai and loved it, there is racism EVERYWHERE stop asking stupid questions.

It's odd because I find with the influx of Eastern Europeans in the UK now, I find some people are showing huge intolerance and discrimination towards THEM :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending