The Student Room Group

UCAS is closed until 4 January!!!WTF???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roflhahalol
Source?

Original post by TheSownRose
UCAS didn't say that until quite late on last year, I find it highly unbelievable that they have already said they will definitely be extending it.

Original post by Arcanine
Sauce?

Unless you can provide a credible source, that is.

Urgh I should of said *think*. My bad, sorry for the confusion.
Although we've had more snow than last year.. so I'm thinking it will be...
but use are right, it's not ben confirmed and might not actually be extended.
and I thought if I mentioned the extended deadline, it wouldn't be a big a shock to the OP/
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ilickbatteries
Yeah, I don't get that either.

Apparently its only done on courses with a high number of places, or to applicants whom they would definitely give an offer too.

You believe that tosh if you want to.

Durham, Loughborough and Nottingham all made me offers before Christmas when I applied.
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
UCAS = quango

Quango -> incompetence at worst, inefficiency at best

Uninformed ignorant tosh!

Quango - a semipublic government-financed administrative body whose members are appointed by the government

UCAS is a company, limited by guarantee and a charity. Despite what some may think there is no government control whatsoever.
Original post by hypocriticaljap

Durham, Loughborough and Nottingham all made me offers before Christmas when I applied.

Perhaps Durham, Loughborough and Nottingham think you're a candidate good enough to receive an offer before January 15th?

It's hardly tosh, if applying in September gave you a better chance than applying in January, colleges would pressure students to have their applications completed by the end of the first week of term. Given that colleges (around here, at least) have in-house deadlines for UCAS completion by mid-November to allow time for references, it would suggest otherwise.

Plenty of applicants apply in late December, early January and even on deadline day and get offers.

You might have the academic nous to get into Durham but by Christ you have no common sense!

They obviously liked you then, though Gott knows why. One can only assume you were a lot politer in your PS than you are on TSR.
Original post by rolling
I checked UCAS website and there are written that they are closed until 4th January!
so it means I cannot send my application now and I have to wait until 4th January??????:eek::eek:

oh dear, i did not know this. That means i've been refreshing the track progress for nothing then! :eek:
Uninformed ignorant tosh!

Quango - a semipublic government-financed administrative body whose members are appointed by the government

UCAS is a company, limited by guarantee and a charity. Despite what some may think there is no government control whatsoever.

Hmm, you learn something new every day.

I just assumed it was under some government control.
So if I sent my application on 23 December, I won't receive any email from ucas, not even that welcome letter with my personal id, until the 4th?
Original post by diana.brindusoiu
So if I sent my application on 23 December, I won't receive any email from ucas, not even that welcome letter with my personal id, until the 4th?

Probably after the 4th but some unis include your Track ID in acknowledgement emails. And its sent before the deadline so doesn't really matter. Not likely to recieve anything from unis until after the deadline has passed now.

You might get an automated email from UCAS.
Original post by rolling
I checked UCAS website and there are written that they are closed until 4th January!
so it means I cannot send my application now and I have to wait until 4th January??????:eek::eek:

I agree with others on this thread rolling.UCAS works exteremly hard the rest of the year so why shouldnt the UCAS customer advisors and all the rest of the people who work there have some time off.Rolling you still have until 15th January 2011 to get your UCAS application in anyways:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending