The Student Room Group

Why is my life so grim?

No friends/family apart from 2 over 65 deranged parents, am all alone by myself and there doesn't seem to be any sign of things changing.

What should I do?
Reply 1
Start socializing, the only thing stopping you is you.
Reply 2
Original post by Roo Bix
Start socializing, the only thing stopping you is you.

I am socially inept.
Reply 3
Masturbate.
Reply 4
Original post by Nayred
Masturbate.

Done.
go to the doctor.
Reply 6
Original post by i_love_stalin
I am socially inept.

But is it socially inept to be participating in discussion on a forum? This question is to highlight that you have some level of confidence, and not to pry or dig.

Are you receiving therapy at the moment?
Reply 7
Try joining clubs/activities and try to get to know people there, you need to try and step out of your comfort zone and delve in! try councelling for being socially inept?
Reply 8
Original post by Roo Bix
But is it socially inept to be participating in discussion on a forum? This question is to highlight that you have some level of confidence, and not to pry or dig.

Are you receiving therapy at the moment?

No... Should I?
Reply 9
Original post by Soph1990
Try joining clubs/activities and try to get to know people there, you need to try and step out of your comfort zone and delve in! try councelling for being socially inept?

I feel like I'm constantly out of my comfort zone in most social situations.
Reply 10
No... Should I?

If it's something that you believe is affecting your ability to create, develop and sustain relationships, then yes.

Like I said, only you can help you. If being socially inept is the problem, help yourself find a solution; learning to deal with that trait may it be through therapy, because that's the only thing stopping you (taking the leap to help yourself).
No friends/family apart from 2 over 65 deranged parents, am all alone by myself and there doesn't seem to be any sign of things changing.

What should I do?

I used to be like you. It's really quite simple...get out more! Make the effort! If you want friends, go and FIND some...they're not going to come to your house and knock on your door to find you!

Do you work/go to school/college/uni? Do you have hobbies like sports? All good ways to meet new people.

Ultimately you have to really want to change your life, but you can do it! good luck.

Also, try and be more positive. Being negative gets you nowhere, and tends to make people take a disliking to you!
Your life is not 'grim'. Your life is not what you want, but it can be if you make the changes yourself. You have the power to make your life different and be happy. Not to do so is laziness xx
Reply 13
Original post by blinkbelle
Your life is not 'grim'. Your life is not what you want, but it can be if you make the changes yourself. You have the power to make your life different and be happy. Not to do so is laziness xx

I do try, I'm working at the moment it's not like I just sit at home and sulk. It's just that when I come back home for any holidays (like Christmas) it makes my life feel even more depressing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending