The Student Room Group

Girls (and maybe guys) - how much does/did your virginity mean to you?

Scroll to see replies

I'm still a virgin and fine with that.
in fact, i don't think anyone deserves to take it now or for long time because guys right now are just complete dickheadsss.
Poll added :smile:
Reply 22
p.s. do all of the things you said! Use some foreplay, go slow, go on top, kiss her neck, ask her if she's okay, use lube if she's sore.

You'll be fine! :smile:
Should I go on top or would it be better/easier/more comforting for her, if she's on top?
Reply 24
Well lets say I wanna leave it till I feel comfortable with someone and its someone that I really like ....i dont wanna lose it for the sake of losing it otherwise whats the point but saying that dont wanna be the last of my friends or be about 20 and not having done it so yh it depends on the circumstances

And its not that much of an issue I can wait ....for now lol :P
Reply 25
Losing it will be a BIG thing to me, so it gotta be the right person.
Reply 26
You should go on top if she's nervous, it's a lot to ask of a girl to know what to do on top if it's their first time! Slightly less so for a guy on top (although being female I might be slightly biased on the matter) but I wouldnt have had a clue (and would have been terrified) if the guy had asked me to go on top first time!
Whether girls admit it or not; it means something. I mean why else would they be born with them?
Reply 28
Original post by ChestHair&SmallTum

I'm male, but thanks for the response. She loves me, I love her, she trusts me, I trust her, it's a great relationship on the whole, though LDR, but she's just still very nervous about the concept.

We've both waited a while and though it feels like the right time, once we get into such contact (which we hardly do :frown:), we'll have sex. The idea is quite frightening for her still, and the only thing that makes it easier for her is knowing that I love her a lot and she'll be losing it to me - which is quite sweet of her. :smile:

Just want to know, what exactly in the bed will make it easier for her; go slow? kiss her lots? talk to her? go on top? lots of foreplay? lube?

Suggestions welcome. :smile:

I'm in a LDR too and was in exactly the same situation.. Just the other way around I guess. My boyfriend was the one who hadn't done it before but guys don't seem to look into it as much as a lot of girls do.

I think it depends what kind of girl she is.. I get the impression you've talked about it which is a good start.
Take it slowly, step by step.. Listen to her and definitely talk to her a little, tell her you're enjoying it and she'll relax a bit. Foreplay will help her to get into it too.. Don't put her on the spot and ask her what she wants though.. Just do what feels natural to you, guide her through it. After the first time she'll loosen up more and it'll be great judging byt how much you care for each other.

Hope that helps?
Reply 29
A lot. It means something to me, I want to lose it to someone I really love.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nicki.B
I'm in a LDR too and was in exactly the same situation.. Just the other way around I guess. My boyfriend was the one who hadn't done it before but guys don't seem to look into it as much as a lot of girls do.

I think it depends what kind of girl she is.. I get the impression you've talked about it which is a good start.
Take it slowly, step by step.. Listen to her and definitely talk to her a little, tell her you're enjoying it and she'll relax a bit. Foreplay will help her to get into it too.. Don't put her on the spot and ask her what she wants though.. Just do what feels natural to you, guide her through it. After the first time she'll loosen up more and it'll be great judging byt how much you care for each other.

Hope that helps?

Do you think I should go on top or tell her to? Or just ask her at the time what she feels more comfortable with, though I don't want to put her on the spot.
while it's not something i TOTALLY obsess about, i just ..... kind of enjoy still being one.

....put this way: i've always liked (and continue to like) the idea of still being a virgin, more than i care about any male i've ever seen or met/known who might have wanted to take it from me.
Sex is completely overhyped. Young people feel generally quite pressured to have it before they're ready. Just don't worry about what other people are doing. All that matters is that when it happens for you, it's YOU. Not you're super-experienced friend, not your sister or brother who lost it before you. YOU.
Reply 33

Do you think I should go on top or tell her to? Or just ask her at the time what she feels more comfortable with, though I don't want to put her on the spot.

I think it'll be easier for her with you on top.. especially if she's not confident about it. But who knows.. she might even switch positions if she gets into it. Just enjoy it :smile:
I just wanted to get rid of it
It was something embarrassing that I wanted to lose ASAP, but didn't think I ever would. It depressed me.

So glad I've lost it now :biggrin:
Reply 36
Don't really get the whole 'what does it mean'. I don't think it's 'special', but I wouldn't go sleep with anyone because of that...
But I guess once you lose it, your more likely to sleep with someone you probably wouldn't have before or do one night stands and all that.

To much pressure to lose it 'to the right person' - most realationships end even if their loving and stable at the time. There's too much pressure to have the perfect career and family and have lived the 'perfect' life which just doesn't happen. If your happy & ok with it it is 'perfect'
Original post by Vampress
At the least before I did lose my virginity I didn't expect to lose it at some party completely out of it drunk, wouldn't have been a great memory (which didn't happen thankfully anyway)

****. I lost the game.
Reply 38
Should've stratified poll by sex
Original post by Nicki.B
I think it'll be easier for her with you on top.. especially if she's not confident about it. But who knows.. she might even switch positions if she gets into it. Just enjoy it :smile:

But if she's on top, I can have her tits in my face. :puppyeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending