The Student Room Group

SAT Critical Reading - how to prepare for it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi friend if you have to looking for sat exam help then i can also help you to find it. SAT preparation demo class also available on the internet but for the good result i can suggest you to read from the SAT Books only because books is the best way to solve the problem directly.
To get the good result you have to read only from books.
Reply 21
Original post by Allie-23
(my spelling sucks so if I mispell something please don't quote me and bold it and write some sassy comment! I realize I am a dumbass American)

study etemology's. like major roots and tones. you could study 1,00 SAT level words and odds are only a few would end up on the test. If you learn the roots you can use the context of the sentence plus what the roots mean to come to an answer. The rest is mostly just a skills test. One the writing section though, try to make sure you use facts from history and other works of literature. Anecdotes also work if you can't fins facts to incorporate.

These worked for me. I got a 760 on CR =) . . . but im majoring in comp sci so it doesn't matter and I suck at english. The SAT is more of a test on how to take a test, than a test of knowledge. Watch your time. Also on vocab and those writing correct the sentence things, they get progressivley harder so if time is a concern do like half of the vocab questions which should be guarenteed to be right and then do all the reading sections and come back to do the rest of vocab if time allows.

Oh you're a Jersey girl eh? Haha cool!
Anyway, imma try that etymology thing. I found this online etymology dictionary which has thousands of umm..stuff. So yeah, I'll give it a shot.
Reply 22
Original post by bitturiju
Oh you're a Jersey girl eh? Haha cool!
Anyway, imma try that etymology thing. I found this online etymology dictionary which has thousands of umm..stuff. So yeah, I'll give it a shot.

good luck! I thinkif you do the major roots though you will be fine. Thousands sounds like a lot to study!! I am actualy taking the SAT one more time . . . today. ahh!
Reply 23
Original post by Allie-23
good luck! I thinkif you do the major roots though you will be fine. Thousands sounds like a lot to study!! I am actualy taking the SAT one more time . . . today. ahh!

Well I wish you all the best..good luck with you're college apps as well!!
Reply 24
Original post by bitturiju
Well I wish you all the best..good luck with you're college apps as well!!

Same for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending