The Student Room Group

To anyone who deferred - Applying for Student Finance.

I was supposed to go to University last year but deferred until this year. I've recieved a letter from student finance which says that all I need to do is send in a declaration form if all information stated is correct. However, they think I'm in my second year. Do I just need to make a change to my application and change the year of study from 'Second' to 'First'?

I did this, seemed simple enough, but it wont allow me to change the 'Year you started your study' bit. It still says I started in 2010. Does this matter? I changed the year of study from second to first and have also changed the year of finish, from 2013 to 2014 instead.
Reply 1
Original post by TheCount.
I was supposed to go to University last year but deferred until this year. I've recieved a letter from student finance which says that all I need to do is send in a declaration form if all information stated is correct. However, they think I'm in my second year. Do I just need to make a change to my application and change the year of study from 'Second' to 'First'?

I did this, seemed simple enough, but it wont allow me to change the 'Year you started your study' bit. It still says I started in 2010. Does this matter? I changed the year of study from second to first and have also changed the year of finish, from 2013 to 2014 instead.
I'd get hold of them - they must know you haven't enrolled this year as presumably they didn't send you any money, but just the same I would contact them and get their confirmation that their records have been properly updated.
Reply 2

Hi, I know you posted this a while back but I have the same sort of problem, were you able to change the start date, or does it matter?

Thanks!x
Reply 3
Original post by chocobloc
Hi, I know you posted this a while back but I have the same sort of problem, were you able to change the start date, or does it matter?

Thanks!x

You have to send off a change of circumstance form.
Reply 4

Thanks!x

You'll need to phone up and tell them what's happened. Apparently because I hadn't cancelled my previous years application, it had mucked up the system. They had to wipe my account off and start again. I wasn't able to just change the start date. If only it was that simple aye!
Reply 5
You'll need to phone up and tell them what's happened. Apparently because I hadn't cancelled my previous years application, it had mucked up the system. They had to wipe my account off and start again. I wasn't able to just change the start date. If only it was that simple aye!

Oh crap, I will ring them tomorrow. I had sent my CO1 form and my last years application has been cancelled, but I guess the same kind of thing has happened...does it take long to sort out, like did you have to fill in all of you details again?
Reply 6
Oh crap, I will ring them tomorrow. I had sent my CO1 form and my last years application has been cancelled, but I guess the same kind of thing has happened...does it take long to sort out, like did you have to fill in all of you details again?

Basically just had to start again! Well if you officially cancelled it, it could be OK. But the advisor said that as I hadn't officially cancelled it ( I didn't fill in any form) he would have to wipe my account and start fresh. At first he said I'd need to do it via the paper application but then he seemed to workout how to fix the account.
Reply 7
You mustn't of cancelled your 2010-11 application which is why your 2011-12 one has gone through 'auto-rollover' - you need to get in touch with them to delete all your previous applications, then start again as a 2011-12 starter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending