The Student Room Group

Why has Facebook become...

Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

Scroll to see replies

I don't use Facebook enough to get annoyed by it.

Although whenever I do log on, I find myself facepalming when I see comments about the sandwich someone has just ate.

I usually only log on for a few minutes at a time, as I can feel my brain cells dying.
Reply 2
Almost as annoying as people who get in from a night out at 4am and update their fb status to let everyone know.

This is why I don't use fb anymore.
Reply 3
Now? People have been doing this for the better half of the last decade.
I only really use Facebook for shopping now.. :biggrin:
Oh well, for me it's just a good wayt o keep in touch with my friends in Thailand and at my old school.
I just use it to talk to friends and to laugh at all the jobless teenage mothers I used to go to school with.
Reply 6
People use it for different things - that's just the way it works.

However, I'm not entirely sure why Facebook finds it necessary to remind me of my anniversary. I think I remember that one.
Reply 7
Facebook went downhill the day all the plebs were allowed to join. When it was just university students it was so much better and intelligent.
Reply 8
I use it to spy on peeople. :ninja:
I hate the ones saying:

"OMGZ, Im so upset!!!1 :frown:"

Then people reply:

"Whats up babez?"

And then:

"Ill txt you l8er xxxxx"

:facepalm:

Skip facebook and just talk to your friends you idiot :angry:
Reply 10
Agreed

It's funny really though that they'd rather worry about taking hundreds of photos on a night out rather than actually enjoying themselves.
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11
Some one is obviously helps jealous and upset about how unpopular they are.

Someone is obviously still sour about my gangsta rap group comment a while back haha
I hate my life.
1 minute later... whats wrong? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2 minutes later... doesnt matter now XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

**** like that.
Original post by Astra_K
Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

heheheh XDD

That pose is pathetic...I dont even think it makes the cheeks look thinner, I think it makes it look fake and unnatural..I don't understand why people can't just smile naturally at the camera... :s-smilie:
I agree!
I do use facebook quite a lot but it's to communicate with my friends from home while I'm in uni and also to keep touch with my cousins (who I'm not close enough to text but it's nice to be able to keep up with each other). Also in uni a lot of events are done through facebook so it's an easy way of finding stuff out.

But I'm not the kind of person who has to upload a picture of everything I do.. If I go on a night out and take some pics I upload them but only for my family and friends to see, not to prove to the 3/4 of the people on my facebook that I don't really talk to that I have a life.

I've got 2 albums of uni nights out/parties since September, and a girl I know has about 7 albums since January, she takes about 100 pictures every night out which I think is a bit pointless sometimes :/
This thread reminds me of that advert where the girl says "just bought broccoli LOL". XD
Meh, what I hate most is how it's become a platform for people's attention seeking via status updates.
The photo thing doesn't really bother me, I upload a lot of photos but only so that my friends can access them, I make most of my albums viewable to only certain people.
What I hate is when people post attention seeking statuses or depressive ones and you ask what's wrong and they're like "nothing". Its like grrrr why post a status then dumbass?!

Edit: just read this whole thread and realised that quite a few people have picked up on the same point as I, which just goes to show how annoying it is lol!
(edited 13 years ago)
What I hate is when I see a typical status that goes like this:

Girl 1: FML!!! How could he do this to me? :'( :'( :'(

Girl 2: OMG babezzz whats wrong?

Girl 3: Well im not gonna tell everyone on here am I???

Why write the status in the first place then? :facepalm:
I have about 3 people on my friend's list that actually post things that are interesting. I don't see the point of me using it tbh - everyone I talk to on a regular basis I can call or text. One of the things I especially find pointless is full on wall-to-wall conversations - surely you can do this through the chat or message function? Urgh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending