The Student Room Group

Is anyone else getting tired of clubbing?

Scroll to see replies

It depends who I go with, I don't go much anymore, as the usual people are so boring, they do the same thing everytime, have **** jokes which they all think are hilarious and is super cool banter etc. So boring, however if I'm going with others who aren't really repetitive and think TrueLad is the most awesomest thing ever then I have a good time.

A typical conversation by them:
person 1) I'm so big
person 2) so bad
person 1) you look like a frog
person 3) weren't you raised by a seal.

Repeat that 15 times per night out swapping the animal each time. Yawn.
Reply 21
TBH I never liked clubbing, just like I never liked drinking copious amount of alcohol (why would I want to feel sleepy - can't be mischievous and hyper that way). I think its hilarious how people conform to peer pressure. People will drink any sh*t just cos it contains alcohol- pathetic (reference to St Hilda's Ball- disgusting free cocktails, apparently Pimms)!

Also I find clubbing creepy, with random people groping you at any moment (even scarier when its the same sex!!). On the other hand my amazing social skills don't really allow me to take full advantage of the clubbing environment since I get a little freaked out when I attract female attention

Plus I really don't like the music- more of a death/doom/black metal fan. The music is really loud as well; my ears were ringing for hours on end after my first time- not a good experience. Overall what kind of person would pay money to stand in a crowded room full of drunkards while listening to really loud music that they don't really like? If the only reason you go is the potential eventuality that you might get laid once in a while then your probably wasting your time - why not just ask them when they are sober if they want a casual ****.

Rant over. I sound like fun don't I?
I've never enjoyed it. Crappy music, borderline rapists prowling around, an inability to communicate, exorbitant prices. I'll sit at home drinking cans by myself and have a better time.

Original post by theronkinator
and think TrueLad is the most awesomest thing ever

Oh dear. I always thought people who enjoy that site would consider it some kind of guilty pleasure that you'd never admit to going on in real life. Once again, I've overestimated people.
Overrated - Now, 'normal' clubs, tiger tiger etc, are complete ****.

IF the music is good, it's generally pretty good, and also depends on who you're with.
Reply 24
Look at these people:

:bban::danceboy::evilbanana::headbang::horse::nutcase::party::party2::troll::woohoo::yeah::ymca:

How can you say it's not fun to go out dancing? What you gonna do instead? Play WoW? :frown:
Original post by Bcx
I agree op. I used to love clubbing when I was like, 18, went out all the time with mates and stuff. But I find recently that though I can still have a good time, it isn't a majority case. Like, if I go out 5 times, one or two of them would be enjoyable. For me it's hardly worth the odds.
I find that like, "proper clubbing" (going to see DJs who you want to see and so forth) is a lot better than regular clubs, where there is no real agenda. When everyone is there for the music, it makes it great.

For me it's because you don't do anything. If you look at a standard club night from the outside, it involves queuing, getting lost, finding people, buying drinks, getting lost, standing in the smoking area and a bit of dancing in a circle. It only works when your super pissed. I know it's all just a bit of fun, but unless i'm hammered I just find it a but dull.

Sometimes I think i'm cynical about it, as everyone I know goes out all the time to clubs. But just because others like it doesn't mean you should to! It's a shame that there aren't loads more late night options than getting pissed and dancing in a circle.

I agree with you. Clubbing is only worth it if you enjoy the music. Most of the time it's some idiot you've never heard of, or one you wish you'd never heard of!
Original post by Michael Locke
Oh dear. I always thought people who enjoy that site would consider it some kind of guilty pleasure that you'd never admit to going on in real life. Once again, I've overestimated people.

They take screenshots of their favourites from the iPhone App and put them on facebook. Talk about a life fail.
yeah, i loved it back when i was 18/19, but now i'm 22... and i can have fun if i'm really drunk. however my hangovers seem worse now, so i hate spending the day after feeling awful the entiiiire day. it's ok now and again. i mainly like getting to dress up! how sad.. ha
Totally agree..

By the time Wednesday comes around I've decide I don't want to go out. As soon as it hits 7:30PM on Friday I somehow end up getting dressed for clubs... Early hours of Saturday Morning: "I'm not going out next weekend".. Repeat the process
Reply 29
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I'm going to be 22 soon and I feel pretty old. I'm in the same boat as you, though I must say UK nightlife is ****ing terrible, I don't know how all these little brats enjoy it so much. I've been clubbing in a lot of different countries, and places like Tunisia, Greece, Italy have miles better clubs than the ones here. Are you from canada or UK btw?

Born in Portugal, Half German, finished high school in Canada, studying in Scotland now.

Never been in a club in Canada because my town had NOTHING.
I wouldn't feel safe going out in Portugal.
The places I could go to in Germany have become extremely dangerous in the last few years.
Scotland is my only choice, believe it or not...
gettin tired of clubbing.... OP you old, man you least 30/sarcasm

but nah it does get samey- and boring...
Reply 31
I'm not really into it. I'd rather sit in with mates and some drinks than go out and get chatted up by complete creeps and pushed about by arrogant slags.
Reply 32
I got bored of it way, way before I came to uni. In fact, the second I turned 18, it was instantly boring to me. Much rather sit in the old armchair with a glass of scotch and a Reader's Digest.
Original post by Mm_Minty
No, because I never get to go -__-
But if I went out all the time I'm sure I'd get tired of it pretty quickly.

Why not?
Reply 34
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
Why not?

Friends I've made at uni either:
-Don't really like clubbing
-barely do it themselves, have to be prompted
-even then they'll not want to go, will have work crop up at the last minute or say they can't afford it etc etc

and because I don't want to go out on my own, I end up stuck in, night after night.
Original post by Mm_Minty
Friends I've made at uni either:
-Don't really like clubbing
-barely do it themselves, have to be prompted
-even then they'll not want to go, will have work crop up at the last minute or say they can't afford it etc etc

and because I don't want to go out on my own, I end up stuck in, night after night.

I'm not in university myself but I'm just curious...

Isn't it easy to make a lot of different friends at uni?
Reply 36
Never really liked it. I prefer ordering take-away, playing x-box with mates or watching a good film. I did try it a few times, but it just wasn't me.
I used to go out all the time (I'm talking 5 nights a week in my first year at uni), I was 18 and I thought it was great.

However, a little experiment TSR. Go to a club sober, and see how you find it. I have done it a couple of times and it's easily one of the most boring, inane, frustrating, uncomfortable, sweaty, stinking and depressing experiences I've ever had. When I am smashed, however, I seem to have a fantastic time.

This tells me that it is in fact getting drunk (with mates) that is actually what I am enjoying and I can do that in any one of a number of nicer environments, for a fraction of the cost and none of the hassle. :smile:

Also, I don't write off an entire day dealing with a hangover of epic proportions.
Reply 38
Only been out 3 times properly and by the third time i was so bored out of my mind from the lack of any real social interaction and the overwhelming smell of alcohol and sweat that i left early. much rather go to a restaurant, cinema, fast food ANYTHING but clubbing, so no it isn't weird :smile:
Reply 39
Yeah too true. The sound level actually hurts my ears and forces people to shout to be heard which hurts even more,
That and bad bad bad music, and waiting ages for a drink because too many people are buying shots (mostly Jagerbombs)
Gripe over!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending