The Student Room Group

My ex's birthday

is coming up, we didn't end on bad terms but then again we haven't really spoken properly since. Broke up in early October after almost 3 years. Should I message him saying happy birthday or just ignore it? He did something pretty unforgivable so I don't want him to think he can just start talking to me again, but still I really care for him :confused:

Any advice? Thanks :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Perhaps send him a card with a massive shoite in it. Show him who the motherf*ckin boss is around these parts. You go girl.
Reply 2
You could always queef in a box and send it to him. Worked with my boyfriend
Reply 3
could always queef in a box

like the sound of that :P
Reply 4
don't say anything
Reply 5
If you have his facebook or number,. just say a quick 'happy birthday, hope you have a good day' . Is no harm in being nice
Reply 6
If you get in touch with him, he probably will think he can 'just start talking to you again.' If that isn't what you want, then I wouldn't text him.
Reply 7
Don't make contact with him. For one it's a bit creepy when you haven't been in regular contact, and two he will think it's all okay between you two now.
Original post by Anonymous
is coming up, we didn't end on bad terms but then again we haven't really spoken properly since. Broke up in early October after almost 3 years. Should I message him saying happy birthday or just ignore it? He did something pretty unforgivable so I don't want him to think he can just start talking to me again, but still I really care for him :confused:

cut tiesss.
Reply 9
Original post by Potiron
If you get in touch with him, he probably will think he can 'just start talking to you again.' If that isn't what you want, then I wouldn't text him.

^^^ this :smile: i dont see why it was negged. if you a)remeber your ex birthday b) contact him and c) wish him happy birthday you are essentially saying a) i think of you and remember the date of your birthday and am thinkin of you today, i havent moved on properly b) i want to contact you, mr ex, and maybe get it on or at least forgive you for what you did c) you are contacting him, therefore he has power over you and where things go.

seeing as OP said:

He did something pretty unforgivable so I don't want him to think he can just start talking to me again, but still I really care for him

then keep your care to yourself. m@sterbate over his FB pics if yu must but definately DO NOT CONTACT HIM!!!

Original post by MovingOn
For one it's a bit creepy when you haven't been in regular contact, .

out of interest, what makes you say this? if an ex contacted you to wish you happy b day out of the blue, wouldnt you think it was nice? i dont think the OP should, but i was thinking of doing the same for my ex. why is it weird?
Personally, I'd at least send a text - but then that depends what he did, you don't specify.

My ex sent me flowers for my birthday after we'd broke up, and I still bought him and his family Christmas presents, but we're on pretty good terms...
move on. if it ended, it ended for a reason. cut these people off and simplify your already stressful life.
Personally, I probably would say happy birthday, but I wouldn't text him as that is quite personal, I'd probably just leave a facebook comment like everyone else, shows I've thought about it, but doesn't mean they can get back in touch :smile:
What did he do? I'd be vague if you're thinking about sending him a text/wall post, saying only "Happy Birthday" and nothing else.
Reply 14
happened three years ago..frickin move on..just forget it..no point saying anything
Original post by Minni04
happened three years ago..frickin move on..just forget it..no point saying anything

^
|
|
this
Original post by Minni04

I think she means they broke up in October, having been together for three years, not that they broke up 3 years ago. Cut her some slack :smile:

OP: If they have facebook and a lot of people write on their wall, just write happy birthday :smile:
My ex and I broke up in September and his birthday was in January and that's what I did.
(edited 13 years ago)

OR you could not wish them a happy birthday, move on and find someone new or realise that there really isn't much point in a relationship - then you might not be so much of a **** up.
Original post by Anonymous

I was going to way text him until I read the bold part. Don't do anything.
Personally I think it's a can of worms you don't really need to open. What good will come of wishing him a happy birthday (especially considering you don't want to start talking to him again). Just leave it I say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending