The Student Room Group

Would you *ever* give up your ideal dreams/future/career for your perfect partner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Majdovic7

I want to achieve my self-actualization whether anybody with or against me
but hopefully we can get a partner that will help us to seek for our goals

Self-actualisation? What do you mean by that?
Reply 941
Surely the perfect partner would want you to achieve and be happy, so would not expect you to choose, so you can have both...
Original post by im so academic
Self-actualisation? What do you mean by that?

If i do not achieve my ambitions and dreams fully and feels that I am really satisfied with then my life will be pointless.
self-actualization is achieving what i want and not giving up for any reason i know it's hard to reach this level but everyone got the potential to do what he want

If i do not achieve my ambitions and dreams fully and feels that I am really satisfied with then my life will be pointless.
self-actualization is achieving what i want and not giving up for any reason i know it's hard to reach this level but everyone got the potential to do what he want

Nice goal you have there. :smile:
Nice goal you have there. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 945
No i would not give up my career :smile: im a selfish biatch! :wink: x
I want a really fulfilling career - not in the sense of clawing my way to the top, but in making a difference to peoples' lives and making the world a better place (however foolishly idealistic that sounds :tongue:)
But I chose the perfect partner for some reason...guess if I were to meet my soulmate, I'd be an even bigger fool to miss my chance at real love and happiness. Anyhow, a perfect partner would be supportive of my career plans surely? :smile:
Original post by 786AR

Original post by 786AR
No i would not give up my career :smile: im a selfish biatch! :wink: x

Hey! Just because you would not give up on your career, it doesn't mean that you're a selfish bitch.
Original post by CountDuckula
I want a really fulfilling career - not in the sense of clawing my way to the top, but in making a difference to peoples' lives and making the world a better place (however foolishly idealistic that sounds :tongue:)
But I chose the perfect partner for some reason...guess if I were to meet my soulmate, I'd be an even bigger fool to miss my chance at real love and happiness. Anyhow, a perfect partner would be supportive of my career plans surely? :smile:

Agree with the first bit.
Reply 949
Hey! Just because you would not give up on your career, it doesn't mean that you're a selfish bitch.

Awwh thankyou,.. a lot of people would think i am but then again its my life at the end of the day.. :smile: x
Reply 950
Original post by T-Toe
To be absolutely honest with you, no.

Okay the scenario has changed, still no:

1. I'm quite selfish, achieving my dreams is the biggest self-satisfaction I could ever have.

2. I'd want to live my dreams in order for my future kids to have to best possible life. Children > Partner.

3. As long is he's not inept and he has a penis, I'll live. I'm not expecting a perfect partner.

4. Perfect partner BUT living on min wage, barely able to put food on the table and the kids will suffer? No thanks. I'm selfish but not that selfish.

Sorry but I'm being honest, shot me.

Just out of interest, what wrk do u want to get into?
Reply 951
my perfect partner would accept me for me, not me for who he wants me to be, so I wouldn't have to give anything up
Original post by 786AR
Awwh thankyou,.. a lot of people would think i am but then again its my life at the end of the day.. :smile: x

Exactly, do what you want to do.
Reply 953
never, career first of all, ppl change, and what makes u believe that this perfect person today wont be anymore just as perfect as u though in a near future
Original post by Ani86

Original post by Ani86
never, career first of all, ppl change, and what makes u believe that this perfect person today wont be anymore just as perfect as u though in a near future

Exactly. People change.
Give up your happiness to make them happy, never give up your dreams
I have no realistic dreams, but I have a very good idea of what I'd like in a woman.
Original post by markrush
Give up your happiness to make them happy, never give up your dreams

Never for the first one. Never sacrifice my ambitions for anyone or anything.
Never for the first one. Never sacrifice my ambitions for anyone or anything.

Happiness or dreams? (or both)

Happiness or dreams? (or both)

Dreams = happiness, for me at least

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending