The Student Room Group

where do you see yourself when you are 25?

Scroll to see replies

If I don't have a husky by the time I'm 25 I'm gonna be pissed. Other than that I don't really care.

I'm scared ****less by the amount of people who plan on being married/having kids at that age though. I'm 20 and single atm, no way in hell do I want to be married within 5 years and I definitely don't want kids.
Reply 21
Still being a ****.
At 25, I'll be just completing my A Levels and hopefully have a place at a top university. I'm annoyed it took me this long to actually get around to doing something with my life.

:ahee:
Reply 23
Who knows...
I'd like to have an SLT job I love, be living with my boyfriend (not crazily far from home), have enough money for a deposit on a house/flat. All the usual type stuff!
I'll be 23 in September and will have graduated from uni, so I reckon it's quite realistic. We'll see though, a lot can change in 2.5 years!
I'll hopefully be a qualified OT, in a job that I enjoy. I want to have traveled a bit by then aswell. Hopefully living in a cute little flat with a cat - boyfriend optional! And definitely NO kids...not that young anyway. It's only 3 years away :/
I really dont know.It seems so far away so I hope I'll figure it out.But I kinda like not knowing.My life could be really good or really bad.Lets hope it tips to the former.
By the time I'm 25 I hope to have a long term amazing bf, live together in a decent sized flat or live in a 2-3 bed house (and if in a house then have a few cats), be working as a children's nurse hopefully in a private hospital or at least in a nice NHS hospital that doesn't have a bad reputation, and live in a nice area that isn't more than 45mins-1hr away from a city. Also it would be nice to be intergrated in a nice community with good friends!

I don't really want to be married then, not until I'm about 27ish. I'd like to have kids around that age as well, at 27ish.

Whether this seems too far-fetched Idk, it probably won't turn out exactly as I want it to but I can still hope that I can be as near as to what I want now by the time I'm 25.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Hopefully i will be pharmacist by that time. i want to start having kids by 27/28 so hopefully i will be in stable relationship or probs married/engaged :biggrin:
Reply 29
25 years old. :biggrin:
Reply 30
i will be a millionaire
I'll be in my final year of my undergraduate degree, looking at my options for the next year (postgrad or job hunting). Ideally with a nice long time girlfriend by then.
Reply 32
I am 25 and currently doing a PhD. I didn't expect to even have done an undergrad degree when I was, say, 18 so I can't say I am where I hoped I would be but I can say that I am happy with things.

I am surprised that so many people have this formulaic view of life e.g. school -> uni -> high powered grad *******s job -> spouse/kids/mortgage

and want it all wrapped up at such a young age. Most people just take it as it comes and see what happens. Most people aren't really fully settled down in jobs/accomodation/etc. until they are in their thirties. Your twenties are for being fun and carefree in your spare time and working out what you might want to do in the longer term.

Even if you are relatively settled, at that age things change. When I was twenty one, I was living with a long term girlfriend in a house we owned and was working in a finance job with a good salary and great prospects. The plan was at that stage that we'd be married and having kids, we'd both be in more senior positions (well she is now anyway!) buying bigger houses etc. but then I had a change of heart and decided to try full time uni. This happens all the time, people think they are reasonably settled and then effectively start again. So if you aren't where you hoped you'd be at 25 then maybe it isn't such a bad thing cos there is still plenty of time to be young left.
Reply 33
Working as a programmer (hours don't matter), Arranged Marriage,Mortgage on a small house (With My parents help), Saving up to buy my parents a villa in Spain.

Pretty average expectations.
Original post by NW86
Also I find it somewhat terrifying how many of the female responses on here say they want to be engaged or married.... Mental.

Agreed, you can't control when you get married/engaged, i.e. how do you know if you will find the "one" before 25?
Reply 35
prison
Reply 36
A qualified actuary (or nearly), a nice flat / house by a river or lake so I can go swimming or kayaking. Plus a nice alsation for long walks around the local rural area :smile:
Reply 37
Nice pad, living abroad (preferably Aussie) and working up the Navy Officer Ranks :biggrin:
Reply 38
Rich, traveling around the nice parts of Europe, maybe dealing art??? with a beautiful lover. Ideally with a 1st from my 1st choice uni and a Masters from Oxford or UCl.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm already 26 :frown:

I've got a good degree, got married at 24 :biggrin: and have a professional job :smile: No children yet, but then I want to go travelling before that happens anyway.

If you'd asked me this as a teenager though, I'd have had no idea.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending