The Student Room Group

Would you date a guy who was obsessed with Formula 1?

I'm a big Formula 1 and I spend most of my time watching races, reading the latest F1 news, playing F1 sims on my PC or generally talking about F1 with people. Girls, would you date a guy was into F1 and other motorsports?

I bloody love F1 and have watched every race since 1996. I sooo hope Schumacher wins races this year.

I would want to date a girl who likes F1 as well, or least someone who is fine about my love of F1.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Girls seem to like guys passionate about something, I doubt they'd mind, unless of course your name was Max Mosley.
Reply 2
Original post by n1r4v
Girls seem to like guys passionate about something, I doubt they'd mind, unless of course your name was Max Mosley.

Max is a legend! But not as much as Bernie Eccelstone who is 80 and is dating a hot woman in her 30s.
Original post by Nerd_No_More
I'm a big Formula 1 and I spend most of my time watching races, reading the latest F1 news, playing F1 sims on my PC or generally talking about F1 with people. Girls, would you date a guy was into F1 and other motorsports?

I bloody love F1 and have watched every race since 1996. I sooo hope Schumacher wins races this year.

I would want to date a girl who likes F1 as well, or least someone who is fine about my love of F1.

I would. However, I don't know much about Formula 1 myself :colondollar:
Reply 4
Lewis Hamilton seems to have pulled it off.
Reply 5
Original post by 2^Oscar
Lewis Hamilton seems to have pulled it off.

Well duh, all F1 drivers get tons of hot girls.
I wouldnt mind...then Id have someone to watch the races with, at last! I swear no one here gives a damn about it :frown:
Reply 7
hell yes love a bit of F1
Reply 8
Probably, you don't seem that obsessed.
Yeah as long as he wasn't overly obsessed
Reply 10
I already do.
The beauty of a relationship is finding out more about the things your other half is into.

My bloke works with a specific Microsoft program - I now know more about it than I ever wanted to, but it's part and parcel of who he is, for example.

There's other things as well - he has to endure my passion for history and place names, but he says it's interesting enough. :P

If a girl/guy won't accept your quirks, she's/he's not worth it.
Reply 12
I've been dated and I'm obsessed with biking.

I bike every night, compete and watch races at the weekends and in holidays, go on my own holidays to biking parks, etc.

I imagine its much the same principal. In fact, the girls I've dated always saw it a good thing I was so passionate about it. :yy:

So yeah, I wouldn't worry. :biggrin:
Reply 13

I would because I love F1 :smile: I'm quite obsessed with the F1 2010 X-Box 360 game at the moment :O

I agree with the point that Fjarskafinn made about guys/girls not being worth it if they don't accept your quirks. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Sure. I don't mind watching the odd bit of formula 1 now and then.
...Better formula 1 than football!
Reply 15
Original post by DH-Biker
I've been dated and I'm obsessed with biking.

I bike every night, compete and watch races at the weekends and in holidays, go on my own holidays to biking parks, etc.

I imagine its much the same principal. In fact, the girls I've dated always saw it a good thing I was so passionate about it. :yy:

So yeah, I wouldn't worry. :biggrin:

ye but theres a difference between being so passionate about actually doing something than watching something..

OP if you really liked it yes if you were actually obsessed no.
guess its a fine line though

I'm a big Football fan, spend most my weekends doing something football related, reading the sports mags/pages, play FIFA or Football Manager or generally talking about football with people. I'm currently in a relationship who doesn't mind about the fact I have a passion for something.

Haven't missed a home game for my team for 4 years now.

Don't sweat yourself over it my friend, the girl who'll really like you will take an interest in what you like, though they won't most likely take an interest in it aswell, it's also a good thing to have something outside of a relationship.
Reply 17
Original post by boba
ye but theres a difference between being so passionate about actually doing something than watching something..

Well, its the same thing really.

You can be passionate about different things. My passion I can physically do. He can't exactly go out and race in F-1?

I get what you mean, kind'a. But it very much depends on said "passion". :colondollar:
Reply 18
Original post by DH-Biker
Well, its the same thing really.

You can be passionate about different things. My passion I can physically do. He can't exactly go out and race in F-1?

I get what you mean, kind'a. But it very much depends on said "passion". :colondollar:

I mean what you said about girls liking it. if you spend a lot of time working on something yourself it will probably impress people but that wont work if you spend a lot of time watching something
Formula 1?! Haha, oh wow. So sad, at least be obsessed with something worth obsessing over. Like Star Trek or EVEOnline instead of the generic sport thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending