The Student Room Group

A level biology in a year?

Is it possible to do an A level biology course in 1 year?

Are there any colleges in or around bristol that offer such a course or would i have to do a study at home course?

Thanks
Reply 1
Hey,

I don't know about where you can do it, but I'm studying A Level Biology in about 6 months. I started in December. So far I have got an A in the AS Level. So it is definitely possible. but you need to make sure you have somwehre lined up for your practical exams if you are going to be an external candidate, as they can be tricky to get sorted with centres.

Just wanted to say if you do "teach yourself" DON'T get the ICS course. it's rubbish. it's just a massive waffling load of BS with a LOT of mistakes in it.

You would be better off just buying the AQA endorsed Nelson Thornes books, and a CGP revision guide, and doing it from that instead of spending over £300 on a course. I ended up getting a refund.

Hope that helps

:rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by rozevans
Hey,

I don't know about where you can do it, but I'm studying A Level Biology in about 6 months. I started in December. So far I have got an A in the AS Level. So it is definitely possible. but you need to make sure you have somwehre lined up for your practical exams if you are going to be an external candidate, as they can be tricky to get sorted with centres.

Just wanted to say if you do "teach yourself" DON'T get the ICS course. it's rubbish. it's just a massive waffling load of BS with a LOT of mistakes in it.

You would be better off just buying the AQA endorsed Nelson Thornes books, and a CGP revision guide, and doing it from that instead of spending over £300 on a course. I ended up getting a refund.

Hope that helps

:rolleyes:

I was possibly looking to do A Level Biology in one year but hoping to do it at a college, but I can only find a college that does it in Cornwall at the moment!
Reply 3
Original post by Whistle
I was possibly looking to do A Level Biology in one year but hoping to do it at a college, but I can only find a college that does it in Cornwall at the moment!

haha oh no! I'm moving down there soon hopefully :smile:

I'm not sure where would be the best places to look, where are you based?

good luck finding somewhere :smile:

I'm in Worcester and I know a couple of centres that will let you sit the exam if you decide to teach yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by rozevans
haha oh no! I'm moving down there soon hopefully :smile:

I'm not sure where would be the best places to look, where are you based?

good luck finding somewhere :smile:

I'm in Worcester and I know a couple of centres that will let you sit the exam if you decide to teach yourself.

I am based near london in Berkshire!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending