The Student Room Group

Awkward!!!

I've recently been seeing a guy, we both really like each other, but didn't act on it for other reasons.... Things were going really well until the other night when he had a hissy fit and told me to LEAVE HIM ALONE.

It's been really hard on me not speaking to him or bothering with him because I was genuinely attracted to him, and cared for him very much.....

Anyways, back to my point... Awkward.....

In a week's time there is going to be a big get together in the town we live in, and it's pretty much guaranteed he's going to be there because he has big family ties to the event, and I don't know what to do...

Do I go and hope it's not awkward, and be civil (only speak when spoken too)??
Or do I not go and avoid the opportunity to spend time with my friends??

How would you approach this situation?
And/or if you have been in a position like this, how did you deal with it??

P.S Sorry for the long thread, I know it's slightly the ramblings of my busy mind, but had to get it all down...... :frown:
Reply 1
Please help!!
Original post by Anonymous

How would you approach this situation?
And/or if you have been in a position like this, how did you deal with it??

P.S Sorry for the long thread, I know it's slightly the ramblings of my busy mind, but had to get it all down...... :frown:

Not really that like this... but the other month I went to a mates party where I knew my ex was going to be with his gf but I thought **** it :colondollar:
I showed up with a guy who's house I was crashing at that night and bassically got very pissed and just in general avoided talking to my ex/his gf but we did talk a little and (probably due to the alcohol) it wasn't that bad...
Advice? Show up with friends and get a bit tipsy (not smashed like i did:biggrin:), then everything will be fine :cool:
(this is obviously not that great advice... but the best i can do:rolleyes:)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Not really that like this... but the other month I went to a mates party where I knew my ex was going to be with his gf but I thought **** it :colondollar:
I showed up with a guy who's house I was crashing at that night and bassically got very pissed and just in general avoided talking to my ex/his gf but we did talk a little and (probably due to the alcohol) it wasn't that bad...
Advice? Show up with friends and get a bit tipsy (not smashed like i did:biggrin:), then everything will be fine :cool:
(this is obviously not that great advice... but the best i can do:rolleyes:)

going with the girls looks like it's gonna be my salvation to be honest :tongue:
I think you should try and talk to him about it before the get together.

Don't try and make it less obvious by making small talk or anything, just go straight out with it and tell him that you're sorry if you're sorry or whatever your feelings are and tell him that you want to forget about what happened and patch it up

If you don't get a chance before the get together, I think you should definitely go and try to talk to him, but don't be so insistent as to embarrass or annoy him or anything, just tell him that you want to talk about what happened the other night and see what he says, but don't make a scene

good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Refrigerator
I think you should try and talk to him about it before the get together.

Don't try and make it less obvious by making small talk or anything, just go straight out with it and tell him that you're sorry if you're sorry or whatever your feelings are and tell him that you want to forget about what happened and patch it up

If you don't get a chance before the get together, I think you should definitely go and try to talk to him, but don't be so insistent as to embarrass or annoy him or anything, just tell him that you want to talk about what happened the other night and see what he says, but don't make a scene

good luck :smile:

Thanks....

I don't know whether to try and make make conversation, he did seem pretty adamant about leaving him alone....

I am truly sorry though and tried to tell him that but he wouldn't pick up the phone or answer my messages.....

I do wish we could have stayed friends especially as he's not going to be here much longer (he's leaving for work), but I don't know if he'll ever bother with me again :frown:

:confused::confused::confused: I really don't know how he's going to react or if he'll even respond if i did try to talk to him before-hand...

Thanks very much for the advice though
Reply 6
Bump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending