The Student Room Group

gym crush finally responded - should i reply?

hi - i met a girl at the gym around 3-4 months ago, and we got on well so i asked for the instagram and she gave it to me, i dropped her a DM and we started talking and i then invited her out for a drink which she read but left me on ‘seen’ and ghosted.

almost 4 months later she finally responded saying.. “sorry i didn’t mean to ghost i just forgot to reply but i appreciate the invite but i’m too busy so no thank you, but what’s your gym schedule? we can hangout at the gym if our schedules match?”

not sure why she would reply after almost 4 months of ghosting tbh at that point you might as well just not reply.. tbh i forgot she even existed and i have no interest in her anymore in fact i can’t even be bothered to reply.

so i’m not sure if i should reply and if i do what i should reply saying?

perhaps the reason she decided to reply is because we do walk past eachother at the gym a lot, but since she ghosted me i’ve never made eye contact with her and i just do my own thing and avoid her at the gym, i don’t make it awkward or anything but if i see her i will just keep to myself to respect her space given she ghosted me.. so perhaps that’s why she decided to reply because she saw me so often after and maybe she felt awkward seeing me after ghosting but idk
Original post by Anonymous
hi - i met a girl at the gym around 3-4 months ago, and we got on well so i asked for the instagram and she gave it to me, i dropped her a DM and we started talking and i then invited her out for a drink which she read but left me on ‘seen’ and ghosted.

almost 4 months later she finally responded saying.. “sorry i didn’t mean to ghost i just forgot to reply but i appreciate the invite but i’m too busy so no thank you, but what’s your gym schedule? we can hangout at the gym if our schedules match?”

not sure why she would reply after almost 4 months of ghosting tbh at that point you might as well just not reply.. tbh i forgot she even existed and i have no interest in her anymore in fact i can’t even be bothered to reply.

so i’m not sure if i should reply and if i do what i should reply saying?

perhaps the reason she decided to reply is because we do walk past eachother at the gym a lot, but since she ghosted me i’ve never made eye contact with her and i just do my own thing and avoid her at the gym, i don’t make it awkward or anything but if i see her i will just keep to myself to respect her space given she ghosted me.. so perhaps that’s why she decided to reply because she saw me so often after and maybe she felt awkward seeing me after ghosting but idk

Main thing probably is that she doesn't really know you. Women can be a lot more cautious of men they don't really know. It's not always like as you see in the movies, a quick chat up and then off to dates. She might be true to words and have a really busy schedule with studies, any work, etc. She might also already have a boyfriend, some women do eye up or get warm & friendly with guys even though they have a boyfriend which isn't always that great for the other guy but it happens. Possibly she might feel that it's just become a bit awkward ghosting you so better to just ease the awkwardness, who knows could be anything.

To be honest perhaps you might as well let her know your schedule and find out. Otherwise you might never know, even if it doesn't turn into a relationship you may learn why and put your mind to rest. Could just be as she says and real busy as sometimes to try and get in that's the way it goes these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending