The Student Room Group

Done for theft.. Street Bail

Today, I was at work I was in the managers office having a disciplinary for "theft" which I didn't do. I was just leaving the office to go back to work at the police turned up... asked my name. I gave it and he asked me to go back in to the office.

He expained that the work place had reported me for "theft" and he would do something called "Street Bail".

Anyway the manager just said that they the Police cos its theft and and we dont no whether this was the first time or not.

The police man said that they have been informed about whats happened basically were gonna do something called 'street bail' which means you have been arrested, ill take you to the station tomorrow rather than take you right now or else you will have to spend about 4 hours in a cell...' I said do you have to come to my house '- yes'

I then said 'can you not just take me to the station now and he anwsered 'im afraid not...' i said my mum is gonna kill me and he replied 'well these things happen'

I asked what will happen at the station- 'ill question you, you have the right to a solicitor and then it will up to my supervisorr whether you get a caution which is a slap on the wrist or you'll be charged and go to court but either way, it will go down on record.....he then said are you happy with that and i replied no...he then said i'll ring you tomorrow whats your number, he then proceeded to get out his note book on which he wrote my name, address, date of birth, age, and phone number he then said whats your mobile....he kept saying ill ring you tomorrow at about 10 he asked for directions on how to get to my house and then i asked him 'do i have to go in a police van'...he smercked and said 'do u want to go in a police van?' I replied 'NO'.. well you'll have to he said... 'but ill ring you tomorrow...'

and that was it... I've now been worrying myself all day expecting the police to come and take me...i dont no what to do... or should i just wait and see...im scared he might just turn up at my house any time out of the blue and tell me to go to the station with him. Will he put handcuffs on me as im technically "arrested"?

My hearts beating everytime the bell rings. My mum went mad .... as expected .... Over all the police man was quite nice although when i was giving directions to my house he became a bit frustrated and kind of snapped at me....sorry for the long essay any advice would be gratefully accepted...
What are they accusing you of stealing?
"I didn't do it"

What did you nick?
Reply 3
Keep your hands to yourself next time.
Muppet.

Where is their evidence? Did you actually steal or did you want to avoid neg rep for refusing to believe you're a right thieving charlie?

BECAUSE NEG REP MEANS YOUR LIFE IS OVER!
LAD
Reply 6
Whatever you do, don't talk to anyone without the presence of a solicitor. The worst possible thing you could do is say something that could be interpreted as incriminating yourself.

Also, don't admit anything. They can't actually caution you unless you admit the offence, so don't accept the caution as a means of resolving the issue because it will be thrown up by a CRB check.

(Whilst I'm sure this is apparent, I'm not legally qualified and therefore accept no responsibility in the event that this advice is incorrect!)
Reply 7
Don't say anything without a solicitor. Don't co-operate with them. Demand to know the evidence against you.
If your workplace think you have been stealing surely they have evidence? if they dont and you deny it the police will investigate it and see theres no evidence
Original post by Angie varona
LAD

I approve most heartily of the gratuitous cleavage in your sig :yy:

What was this thread about again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending