The Student Room Group

bombarded with this idea that guys don't like skinny girls..

i see this everywhere. on H&R, in real life.
I'm naturally a size 6/8. By naturally, I mean I eat healthily but am 5"7 and a fast metabolism seems to run in the family.
I get told by a few people that I'm too thin, and I've heard lads say that being too thin can be a turn off.
I quite like my body shape if I'm honest, but I feel like having no boobs and being slim may look prepubescent may be a turn off and it's making me quite unconfident. Girls have told me they're jealous of my size, but I'm getting self-conscious in that it isn't appealing to guys. I know I shouldn't care, but it's hard not to really.

anyone else got this problem?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh for **** sake!

Your either fat, and want to be skinny, average and want to be skinny, and now, skinny and want to be fat!

Bloody hell...

Anywho, You shouldn't worry about it too much. If you eat healthily and well, you'll have a good complexion.

If your confident with who you are, you'll pull heads. Skinny or otherwise (well, not obese...). Girls who are insecure and trying to be unnaturally skinny only get worse.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Why do you think most girls in media are skinny? they're ridiculously hot

of course there are limits, being size 0 or whatever is just silly
I like skinny girls. It's not a popular theory, partly because of a backlash against skinny culture, or the 'perceived' skinny culture, of mainstream media and partly just because 9/10 blokes like big tits and big arses so when they fish for women to go OH AREN'T YOU A SENSITIVE SOUL by saying how they like curve women it isn't actually all that much of a surprise, but there are men who like skinny women.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'll let you in for a secret: Men like anything that wants to f**k.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm naturally a size 6/8. By naturally, I mean I eat healthily but am 5"7 and a fast metabolism seems to run in the family.
I get told by a few people that I'm too thin, and I've heard lads say that being too thin can be a turn off.
I quite like my body shape if I'm honest, but I feel like having no boobs and being slim may look prepubescent may be a turn off and it's making me quite unconfident. Girls have told me they're jealous of my size, but I'm getting self-conscious in that it isn't appealing to guys. I know I shouldn't care, but it's hard not to really.

Most important thing you said

EVeryone has moments where they questions their attractiveness, but if you like the way you are, then there will be others who will too
Girls with flat stomachs :colondollar:
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
Girls with flat stomachs :colondollar:

Guys with flat stomachs :colondollar:
You're so lucky to naturally be a size 6-8, I'm jealous!! anyway all men are different it's pretty hard to be really slim and big boobs, so I guess we have to make the best with what we've got :redface:
OMG, I feel like this too! I'm slim, and I'm always getting compliments about it from women. But then I hardly attract guys, and they all seem to go for the curvier and bigger girls :s-smilie:.

On another note, everybody is different. I'm sure there are guys out there who do like skinny girls, it's just a case of finding them. And anyway, try not to live to impress guys, as your confidence should come from within. If they don't like you then it's their loss :smile:
Reply 10
thanks guys :smile: I wasn't making this to complain, and I know it's often the case that the grass is always greener..

I want to clarify that I am happy with my body. But sometimes when you hear that 'oh skinny girls just look anorexic and unhealthy' and other such stuff it can make me wonder if I should try and put on weight to be 'normal', and you hear so much about how Rihanna and Beyonce have the 'perfect' shape.

nice to hear opinions though
Actually I thought TSR was full of skinny loving people - both guys and girls. What the hell have you been reading?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
OMG, I feel like this too! I'm slim, and I'm always getting compliments about it from women. But then I hardly attract guys, and they all seem to go for the curvier and bigger girls :s-smilie:.

On another note, everybody is different. I'm sure there are guys out there who do like skinny girls, it's just a case of finding them. And anyway, try not to live to impress guys, as your confidence should come from within. If they don't like you then it's their loss :smile:

That last bit is pivotal.

I only go for those who appear self-confident*. Also, if you need someone else to prop you up to give you confidence, you aren't ready for a proper relationship (you know, that whole "both ways" chest-nut).

*Well, so long as there not fat or super skinny for their body size. :tongue:
Original post by Munchies-YumYum

haha, this!
Reply 14
Original post by Munchies-YumYum

Though we don't want bruises on our crotch, if you catch my drift :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous

i'm the same.... sorta just have to accept and be thankful for what i've got and if a guy doesn't like it then tough it wasn't meant to be...

i know the guy i was seeing a while ago didn't seem to mind how skinny i was...

my one problem is that i have a very limited appetite at times meaning i'll only eat when i'm hungry which sometimes isn't very often, and have recently had an increase in exercise due to extended use of crutches so haven't gained weight if anything i've lost it :s-smilie:
I Like Women full stop.
No extremes mind (ie real big or thin)
I like skinny girls - as long as they eat naturally (but are hardgainers) then its all good.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm sure there are guys out there who do like skinny girls, it's just a case of finding them.

Meeeee :h:

They look so mini and...cute :lovie:
I know what you mean, this whole 'real women' thing is getting out of hand. Apparently my figure is not viable as female unless I have a certain fat distribution pattern. Absurd! I'm naturally thin and what some people would label 'boyish', and tbh haven't really found it a hinderance when it comes to the opposite sex (at least not to my knowledge!)...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending