The Student Room Group

OMG what is it with uni people

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous

I swear half my problem is that I sit and wait for people to contact me, its an ego thing...

How about you making the first step??? Think of an interesting activity and your pals will be happy to come over!!

Seriously...
Reply 21
All my rant is an exageration

All of a sudden you have friends? I dont bloody think so.
Even now your going back on yourself, 'Its not my problem, its thiers'

but my appearancw is the most important over anything

You are half a person then (if the face is all there is) and that will cost you dearly in a place where your face value counts for **** all.

Original post by izemjo
Seriously...

(OP) Read through this thread and count the people in support if you, and your attitude
they are not ranting, but thats surely because they have more self control than I do.

The FIRST thing you did was blame your friends for not liking you, look at the thread title. That should be enough for you.

if people saw me in real life I guarantee they'd see my face (girls would anyway, and choose me)

You dont get me, others dont think like you do.
Even if you got 9 and I got 1, That wouldnt matter to me. Because the one person who chose me would matter more in my eyes. Even if got 0 I wouldnt care.

That matters to you. It doesnt matter to me. (two sides of the same arrogant coin?)

Could you love another person more than you love yourself?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
suicide is the best way out.
Reply 23

ok sorry for the rant,

Im in my final year, just on easter break entering my final semester and I feel so out of touch...we'e had dissertations so seeing people isnt as frequent as before, but yeh, I just feel my friends have just dissolved. I used to have so many in 2nd and 3rd year but they seme to have all drifted..it's really sad, and I feel like why is this happening to me when everyone else seems to be in groups still...

I'm a nice person, i'm a guy btw and am attractive (I know this has nothing to do with it really,but i was told good-looking people are more approachable), anyway...it makes me sad to think uni will be over next semester and everyone has drifted :frown:

Feel like my life is over.

In freshers week you have like 300 best friends that you will trust with anything and who's names you probably don't remember. This number decreases as you progress through uni.
I'm sure everyone finishes their degree with less close friends than they started.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by LizzayBT
suicide is the best way out.

Of this thread maybe :biggrin: Id abandon ship because I am like a dog with a bone.
Reply 25
Friends come and go but degrees stay forever.... :ahee:
Reply 26
Original post by Vanny17
Friends come and go but degrees stay forever.... :ahee:

Does your degree cuddle you at night? :tongue:
(and yes they do, its called Bromance)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by moody_bum
In freshers week you have like 300 best friends that you will trust with anything and who's names you probably don't remember. This number decreases as you progress through uni.
I'm sure everyone finishes their degree with less close friends than they started.

I've heard people say this before, but its been completley the opposite for me. Gradually building up my friends and becoming closer over time. I find it odd that everyone seems to have had the opposite experience, probablly why it took me a while to settle in the first term.
Reply 28
Original post by Zoombini
I've heard people say this before, but its been completley the opposite for me. Gradually building up my friends and becoming closer over time. I find it odd that everyone seems to have had the opposite experience, probablly why it took me a while to settle in the first term.

Maybe it says more about the individual. Loosing friends over time rather than becoming closer to them.

If your gonna pussy off here OP, ive got some last words.

you said everything I said was correct (not wise, you give me false ideas/false hope)
When did I stop being right? When I blamed you, and only you for what happens to you in your life? When I gave you no oppertunity to save face?

May I also ask that if its nobody elses fault, or if its just fate, somthing that everyone goes through at the end of uni (im not going) then why is it our problem?
(edited 13 years ago)
Im a guy, truth is, your not destroying me, if you saw me in person you wouldnt say this because you may be overshadowed by my looks lol, ok I do take my looks seriously but still, why is tht bad? Again, my friends want to be with someone attractive when they go out, no?

I dont want to be mean to others, but I do feel it puts people down..

Is it any wonder you don't have anymore friends when your looks are the only thing you talk about? I'm already bored with you :sleep:
Reply 30
I love my uni friends, I would dread to lose them in years 2/3.

Also, H&R about to hit 3000000 posts O_O
Reply 31
Original post by Ich Dien
Does your degree cuddle you at night? :tongue:
(and yes they do, its called Bromance)

No, it does not. But why would his friends cuddle him at night though? :lolwut:
Reply 32
All my rant is an exageration, if people saw me in real life I guarantee they'd see my face (girls would anyway, and choose me)..well I'm going to continue living my superficial life, admitted people along the way may not be true friends, but my appearancw is the most important over anything

No_wonder_your_by_yourself_your_SOOO_STUCK_UP_YOURSELF!!
Reply 33
Original post by Vanny17
No, it does not. But why would his friends cuddle him at night though? :lolwut:

I was talking about me, its a joke.
I thought you would ask me weather or not my friends cuddle me at night

Lol lets just move this down along the line
(edited 13 years ago)
All of a sudden you have friends? I dont bloody think so.
Even now your going back on yourself, 'Its not my problem, its theirs'

Everything you have written in this thread is spot-on and delivered in a manner that can only be described as awesome! :top:
Reply 35
Original post by innerhollow
Everything you have written in this thread is spot-on and delivered in a manner that can only be described as awesome

I thank you, somtimes I go on rants and loose the plot towards the end :biggrin:

With my year of AS Maths, Its gonna take me a few hours to dissassemble your sig :P

Original post by Becky
No_wonder_your_by_yourself_your_SOOO_STUCK_UP_YOURSELF!!

+1 for moar rage.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
Its true..i used to be mr popular, now more like mr loser...

I swear half my problem is that I sit and wait for people to contact me, its an ego thing...

Ok then.....so you provided a problem and then you provided yourself the answer....

Why are you posting can I ask?
Reply 37
Well OP if the whole point of this thread was to get yourself some of the attention you keep desperately craving, it seems to have worked, well done!

Personally I invest my sense of self- worth in things like achievements, helping others and being productive, but whatever floats your boat. Thing is you can't control whether the people you meet are capable of seeing through your "charm", and as for looks I don't know about you, but I definately can't control whether I wake up to a good hair day or not!
It happens, at the begining of uni everyone is out to make as many friends as they can. When it gets to the final months they don't see the point in making much effort, especially if they will be moving a long way when they leave in the summer. It only gets worse once you graduate aswell! But that's life..
Reply 39
I was talking about me, its a joke.
I thought you would ask me weather or not my friends cuddle me at night

Lol lets just move this down along the line

Lol, I was going to. Was just waiting for your reply. Haha. :tongue:.
Sie sind deutsche urteilen Sie Ihren Benutzernamen?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending