The Student Room Group

Best and Worst Unis for Dating

So I would like to nominate UCL and probably kings and LSE as the worst Universities for dating in the country, so the least number of people hooking up (its London). Maybe Oxford and Cambridge top this.

So what would you say were the best and worst universities for dating?

Scroll to see replies

London is full of people. its the biggest city in the country. i dont believe you cant find anyone to date.
So you're saying it's the uni's fault that the individual can't get laid? Lamest excuse ever.
Reply 3
Please tell me you're not making your UCAS decisions based on this... :facepalm2:
Reply 4
Isn't St. Andrews' supposed to have the highest % of marriages between students? Must be up there! Although finding a partner and dating are of course entirely different things.
Reply 5
Original post by ch0llima
Please tell me you're not making your UCAS decisions based on this... :facepalm2:

It would be folly to deny that it's a factor in my decision making.
You're doing it wrong!

Oxbridge dating fields are made up of the folowing

-Status
-Money
-Who yo' daddy is!

No particular order and if you do manage to snare a bit of Oxbridge's finest, you need to make sure she/he isn't of blue blood heritage. :wink:
Reply 7
Has not been a problem for most of the people I know (inc myself) in Oxford.

Also, the classic line is that girls leave Oxford with a First, a blue or a husband. Make of that what you will.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Imperial is best for girls.
Original post by Speedy03
Isn't St. Andrews' supposed to have the highest % of marriages between students? Must be up there! Although finding a partner and dating are of course entirely different things.

...The Royal Wedding.
I dated Oxford once but I much preferred dating Manchester it was more laid back
Reply 11
Stay away from Liverpool, shes a slut.
St. Andrews is disappointing for men. If you're a money-grabber though it's the place to be.
Reply 13
Oh I forgot IMPERIAL that must be the worst to get laid in
Reply 14
lets say
Middlesex = the best
oxbridge = the worst
deffo go to middlesex, after all who needs a qualification worth something over dating?

in reality, i doubt it matters on the uni, some won't have as many girls, but its what your friendship group is like youll have roughly the same chance anywhere
(edited 13 years ago)
What kind of thread is this?....

Original post by wanderlust.xx
So you're saying it's the uni's fault that the individual can't get laid? Lamest excuse ever.

I agree.

Original post by Anonymous
Oh I forgot IMPERIAL that must be the worst to get laid in

Or maybe people don't like your personality? How is it the universities fault lol?
Depends on course and uni for particular years, but in general I haven't found university easy to get laid in at all - perhaps that's because of the institutional structure of university...I don't know. If I had joined societies in university - other than law related ones - I think I'd have found things very different though.

I'd agree London can be hard to get laid in university circles because of its size - it's very anonymous. I've never hooked up with a girl at my university...to my sober knowledge.

I'd also agree Oxford can be hard - some of my friends left still virgins, others just moaned.

I'd nominate Warwick for getting laid - my friends who went there who didn't have much game and ordinary looks, got some pretty good looking girls (and most are still dating them).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
People love my personality...
Reply 18
Original post by Rancorous
Depends on course and uni for particular years, but in general I haven't found university easy to get laid in at all - perhaps that's because of the institutional structure of university...I don't know. If I had joined societies in university - other than law related ones - I think I'd have found things very different though.

I'd agree London can be hard to get laid in university circles because of its size - it's very anonymous. I've never hooked up with a girl at my university...to my sober knowledge.

I'd also agree Oxford can be hard - some of my friends left still virgins, others just moaned.

I'd nominate Warwick for getting laid - my friends who went there who didn't have much game and ordinary looks, got some pretty good looking girls (and most are still dating them).

so what uni are you at?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
So I would like to nominate UCL and probably kings and LSE as the worst Universities for dating in the country, so the least number of people hooking up (its London). Maybe Oxford and Cambridge top this.

So what would you say were the best and worst universities for dating?

Seriously!? Should you actually be going to uni if that's your main concern?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending