The Student Room Group

Why are blondes seen as the sexiest thing ever?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDanishAlmond

Original post by TheDanishAlmond
Blonde Bombshell
Blonde Nurses (whats up with the whole nurse thing anyway? lol)

Why are blondes considered sooo sexy amongst you guys?

Meh, I don't really like blondes at al. Brunets > Blondes. However for the nurse thing... well.. a hot woman taking care of you when you can't do anything? Kinda goes with that whole female dominatrix thing but a lot more relaxing.
Reply 121
I've seen blondes that I strongly doubt would be described as 'sexy' .

Hair colour isn't too important as long as it suits well tbh.
Reply 122
well... as a dyed blonde reading this thread might as well go slit my wrists...
I don't act like an airhead!! I'm not peroxide either, more a golden tone (with red highlights :smile: )

In short I have dyed golden blonde curly hair with red highlights... apparently a very unattractive look... even though it suits me way more than my mousey colour... great :frown:
Reply 123
Original post by FailWhale
talking out of your ass i guess. maybe cite sources? only thing i've read scientific in terms of blonde hair is that it makes men think more of youthful fertility.

in practice if you're going to dye your hair blonde it better look real, if you have a dark mediteranean face and you have blonde hair its going to look completely wrong.

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/PIIS1090513805000590/abstract
Original post by dol:)
well... as a dyed blonde reading this thread might as well go slit my wrists...
I don't act like an airhead!! I'm not peroxide either, more a golden tone (with red highlights :smile: )

In short I have dyed golden blonde curly hair with red highlights... apparently a very unattractive look... even though it suits me way more than my mousey colour... great :frown:

naw don't worry about it, a lot of chicks that we don't even realize are fake blondes in fact are and its because they look better with that look. just make sure you keep up your appointments and don't show roots too much.

yeah maybe, i dunno if i buy it though given how many women a guy can have children with... ie those scottish and irish kings that are grandfathers to 2/3 of their countries.
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
It is biological. Blonde is a weaker gene, therefore when breeding your genes are more likely to be passed on because they are dominant.

the opposite of dominant in genetics is not 'weaker'. and in any case neither blonde hair nor blue eyes are mendelian traits (simple dominant / regressive). how would your argument fit the original posters statement anyways?
Brunette >Blonde anyday!

This. Brunette with sexy dark eyes and nice big bouncy boobies, yes please.
Reply 128
As expected (and the OP probably intended) this thread goes in 100% brunette favor.

Used to be happy with my natural blond hair :frown:

I am a Charlize Theron, Candice Swanepoel and Rachel McAdams fan. I trust there are still men out there for us blondes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlP9inIHlvw
Reply 129
The psychology studies into this tend to indicate that blonde hair is associated with youth which is sexier to most men (fertility etc).

Many children are born blonde and their hair darkens as they age, a blonde's hair doesn't darken as much and as a result they look younger on average all things equal.

That said, I do some photography too and I can tell you that in women with blonde hair, you see all the lines in their face once they're 40+, black haired women those lines sort of get contrasted out because they are lighter than the mass of hair around their face in a photograph. There are other factors that are more important like their diet, smoking, alcohol etc, but yeah.

Personally I prefer blondes, I like a head-turner and with two equally attractive women, one blonde, one brunette the blonde will turn heads faster - whether this is just because blonde hair is simply more visible from the corner of the eye or whatever I still like the feeling of my chick being more desirable.

Also guys who say they prefer brunettes are typically lying to make a brunette feel better or to pretend they aren't so creepily into a blonde they're talking to. The only time I believe a guy when he says this is if his mother or sisters or something are blonde.

The bottom part of that is bull. Everyone has different sexual preferences, some guys will like blondes and some won't. Personally, I think it's about what suits the person. I have really dark features, so blonde hair would look ridiculous on me. Similarly, someone with lighter, less defined features would look brilliant with blonde hair. There's no stock rule for it.

My exes prefered dark haired girls, and I've never found blonde hair on guys to be attractive. I have some friends who think blonde guys are the absolute epitome of sexual attractiveness. It all depends.
Reply 130
Blonde pubes would be nice, at least for a change :smile:
Reply 131
don't like blondes much, never really have.

Of course, If there was a girl I liked or whatever it wouldn't stop me.
I much prefer brunettes and redheads, I'm always actually surprised by myself if I find a blonde attractive (no offence to blondes!)
the opposite of dominant in genetics is not 'weaker'. and in any case neither blonde hair nor blue eyes are mendelian traits (simple dominant / regressive). how would your argument fit the original posters statement anyways?

Because there is an innate attraction to someone that you are more likely to dominate when mixing your genes to form offspring. Just like when a person is attracted to someone with similar features. This reaffirms that those genes will continue.
Reply 134
I've had both brunette and blonde hair, it's blonde at the moment and you definatly get a lot more looks with blonde hair. I actually prefer it brunette but just fancied a change but yeah blonde gets unwanted attention a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending