The Student Room Group

Girls: Which response was better?

I'm from Singapore and male. I went for a concert on Sunday night with my cousin and his friend. His friend stays pretty close to where I stay so he asked if I could pick her up(never met her before). Picked her up, concert was good and I was dropping her home. She mentioned that she had sprained her back and asked if I could drive a bit slower because her back hurt when I drove fast.
So she asked me which school I was from. Now I studied in a school which was strictly an all-girls school till around 15 years ago but has since become a co-ed school. I told her the name and she said 'Oh, isn't that a girls school?'. I jokingly drove a bit faster and said, 'There, that's for saying its a girls school'. She laughed. I told this to a friend of mine and he said ,'Dude why did you say that? You should have said something like, yeah it's a girls school why do you think I went there?'
I think I like this girl and am thinking of asking her out on my own soon. Do you think I should have said what my friend said or was it okay what I said?
Reply 1
Original post by wouldyoudance
I'm from Singapore and male. I went for a concert on Sunday night with my cousin and his friend. His friend stays pretty close to where I stay so he asked if I could pick her up(never met her before). Picked her up, concert was good and I was dropping her home. She mentioned that she had sprained her back and asked if I could drive a bit slower because her back hurt when I drove fast.
So she asked me which school I was from. Now I studied in a school which was strictly an all-girls school till around 15 years ago but has since become a co-ed school. I told her the name and she said 'Oh, isn't that a girls school?'. I jokingly drove a bit faster and said, 'There, that's for saying its a girls school'. She laughed. I told this to a friend of mine and he said ,'Dude why did you say that? You should have said something like, yeah it's a girls school why do you think I went there?'
I think I like this girl and am thinking of asking her out on my own soon. Do you think I should have said what my friend said or was it okay what I said?

Oh ffs, just tell her you want to date her. Simples.
Reply 2
Original post by fhatthewuck
Oh ffs, just tell her you want to date her. Simples.

Lol I may just do that but please answer the question
What you did was fine, it's called humour. Stop seeking the approval of girls all the time, be your own man. Stop over-thinking. You didn't insult her so it's ok.
Driving fast doesn't impress any girls I know. But stop over analysing it! The moment has passed!
Reply 5
Lol'd at this. Situations like that happen all the bloody time, she ain't gonna remember that one situation and decide she doesn't like you because you didn't make a crack about lusting over girls.
Reply 6
Original post by Smelly Ellie
Driving fast doesn't impress any girls I know. But stop over analysing it! The moment has passed!

Didn't you understand the situation? I didn't drive fast to impress her. She said driving fast hurts her back. So when she asked if I was from a girls school, I intentionally drove fast and said, 'there that's for asking if I studied in a girls school' with a smile!
Reply 7
your so mean!! you hurt her.
Didn't you understand the situation? I didn't drive fast to impress her. She said driving fast hurts her back. So when she asked if I was from a girls school, I intentionally drove fast and said, 'there that's for asking if I studied in a girls school' with a smile!

Mmm yes, but driving fast is dangerous, and if you wanted to impress her you shouldn't have deliberately tried to hurt her? Anyway you obviously know her better than we do, surely you could gauge her reaction?
Reply 9
Oh man how cringeworthy this post was...
Did you then brake rapidly throwing her through the windscreen?
She probably hasn't given it a second thought so why are you?
Reply 12
Original post by domino0806
Did you then brake rapidly throwing her through the windscreen?

Hahahaha no! Why would I do something like that?
I'd have laughed more at what you said than what your friend suggested, but it doesn't really matter either way, she laughed at your joke didn't she? Don't worry about it! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Alison1992
She probably hasn't given it a second thought so why are you?

I just want to know which response was better. Bit of a bet with my friend
I just want to know which response was better. Bit of a bet with my friend

oh, well yours was, his would have made you look gay
Reply 16
Naive.. you should have just wapped your johnson out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending