The Student Room Group

Not really sure what I should do now...

Ok, so there's a girl at university I really like, and for a few months she's been sending me outrageously mixed signals. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I sent her a somewhat irritated and forward text about where I stand, and she came round to mine the next day - she was pretty nice about it, but it was clear that nothing was going to happen, so I didn't pursue the topic too much. Anyway, later that evening, she texts me saying "You're so sweet, have fun in London (was ging away for a week), and I;ll see you when you come back". Fine, she's just trying to be nice. Since I got back, I've realised she's blocked me on fb chat, but then starts impromptu texting with me, but if I reply she doensn't get back to me! I texted her earlier to see if she wants to go out with friends later tonight, not really sure what to expect, but I don't know how I should behave, I haven't really been in this "still friends" situation before, and I don't know what's being too full on or not, I suppose she seems to get the wrong idea. Any clues??
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so there's a girl at university I really like, and for a few months she's been sending me outrageously mixed signals. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I sent her a somewhat irritated and forward text about where I stand, and she came round to mine the next day - she was pretty nice about it, but it was clear that nothing was going to happen, so I didn't pursue the topic too much. Anyway, later that evening, she texts me saying "You're so sweet, have fun in London (was ging away for a week), and I;ll see you when you come back". Fine, she's just trying to be nice. Since I got back, I've realised she's blocked me on fb chat, but then starts impromptu texting with me, but if I reply she doensn't get back to me! I texted her earlier to see if she wants to go out with friends later tonight, not really sure what to expect, but I don't know how I should behave, I haven't really been in this "still friends" situation before, and I don't know what's being too full on or not, I suppose she seems to get the wrong idea. Any clues??

This is outrageously common. She is using you for her own self-esteem but has absolutely no interest in getting with you. Every time you text her its a mini-validation for her.

You are being used. Her behaviour is disgraceful, but probably unconscious and in any case worryingly common. Game playing ****** basically.

By continuing to put up with it, you are basically enabling her and being pathetic.

Have some self-respect and ignore her (block her, dont reply to her texts)... In the unlikely event she does actually have feelings for you, ignoring her will also make her realise this / act on them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't see any mixed signals here, she just doesn't fancy you.
Reply 3
Original post by Yawn11
I don't see any mixed signals here, she just doesn't fancy you.

Lol this is post-rejection, we went on a couple of dates etc.
Reply 4
More importantly...

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by HistoryRepeating
This is outrageously common. She is using you for her own self-esteem but has absolutely no interest in getting with you. Every time you text her its a mini-validation for her.

You are being used. Her behaviour is disgraceful, but probably unconscious and in any case worryingly common. Game playing bi tch basically.

By continuing to put up with it, you are basically enabling her and being pathetic.

Have some self-respect and ignore her (block her, dont reply to her texts)... In the unlikely event she does actually have feelings for you, ignoring her will also make her realise this / act on them.

Hmm yeah I suppose so. I'm still a bit cut up about it, we went out a few times and really seemed to be getting on so it's a bit hard.
Hmm yeah I suppose so. I'm still a bit cut up about it, we went out a few times and really seemed to be getting on so it's a bit hard.

Have some self-respect and harden the f up.

If you keep letting her manipulate you as she is doing, she will continue to think such behaviour is acceptable and will do it to others in the future.

You need to stop enabling her, if not for your own self-respect, then for all other men out there she will mess around in future.
Reply 7

hard on?

sorry :colone: You can't block people on chat?
Reply 8
Original post by reisen
hard on?

sorry :colone: You can't block people on chat?

You just put them in a group and stay offline to that group. I probably chat to her the most so she always comes at the top of that picture box thing on the side, and shes normally online 24/7 so whatever...
Reply 9
You just put them in a group and stay offline to that group. I probably chat to her the most so she always comes at the top of that picture box thing on the side, and shes normally online 24/7 so whatever...

wow I need to do this, thanks!
Original post by HistoryRepeating

You are being used. Her behaviour is disgraceful, but probably unconscious and in any case worryingly common. Game playing bi tch basically.

This!
Reply 11
Yea man, how do you block people on fb chat? :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending