The Student Room Group

Mother has no respect for my privacy!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by d_star
she sounds more like a non asian mother, its not asian mothers that do stuff like that, i have a pakistani grandmother (im brazilian pakistani and mexican) and she is so different (shes a muslim aswell) but they just dont do stuff like that. DONT stereotype you idiot (stereotyping just shows you dont ACTUALLY have much knowledge on asian parents), the majority of kids in my area that have strict parents are black parents and some whites but not usually whites or asians its mostly black familys who ARE really strict (well the ones on my street).

Riiiight..sorry mate...I do ACTUALLY remember some of my friends who WERE Asian that had to tell their mum's exactly what they were doing, where, and how long they would be. I'm not all clueless...
Original post by penguin-
I didn't say you did. I have nothing to hide, but I would find it disrespectful to come home and see somebody going through my things, it suggests that they don't trust me or they are severely nosy.

I can read, I was just informing you that nobody will take you seriously if you write like a fool.

i aint bothered if no one takes me seriously. yeh if it was someone random going thro my stuff id be peed, but my parents... not really. ALl im saying is if your going to put accross the idea that you are hiding something you dont want your parents to see then its a bit obvious that they will want to see, which leads to a invasion of privacy.
Reply 82
Dropping a coma or the odd spelling mistake is going to happen. Typing like an incoherent ******* impresses no one.

Stop following me around.
Reply 83
Original post by Willum Infanta
Riiiight..sorry mate...I do ACTUALLY remember some of my friends who WERE Asian that had to tell their mum's exactly what they were doing, where, and how long they would be. I'm not all clueless...

lol, i know their are strict parents in every race and usually asian parents may be strict, but i think its wrong to stereotype like that because im quarter pakistani i know alot of pakistanis and they are very different to what i hear white people when they talk about pakistanis. they are some who are strict mostly because there stupid and close minded

:dance:
Reply 84
Original post by Manesh2468
nah i think ive had my fair amount of essay writing to not be bothered about how i come across people on a forum...

I can only imagine the horror of reading them.
Reply 85
i aint bothered if no one takes me seriously. yeh if it was someone random going thro my stuff id be peed, but my parents... not really. .

Well then why post your opinion if you don't want it taken seriously?

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't mind if your parents regularly went through your things? I don't know what anybody else thinks about that, but to me it says that they have no trust in you. Personally, I don't mind my parents seeing my things, but I'd find it unacceptable to come home and see them going through my things in a somewhat secretive manner.

ALl im saying is if your going to put accross the idea that you are hiding something you dont want your parents to see then its a bit obvious that they will want to see, which leads to a invasion of privacy

Tbh, this makes no sense. Having privacy doesn't mean you have something to hide. Do you have curtains? And a front door? Many people do, and they have nothing to hide in their house, it's just called privacy.
Original post by Trigger
I can only imagine the horror of reading them.

lol very nice, i like how u judge peoples abilitys from how they write informally on a forum... I got full marks btw so yeh i dont think youd be able enough to read or comprehend what they were on about.
Original post by penguin-
Well then why post your opinion if you don't want it taken seriously?

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't mind if your parents regularly went through your things? I don't know what anybody else thinks about that, but to me it says that they have no trust in you. Personally, I don't mind my parents seeing my things, but I'd find it unacceptable to come home and see them going through my things in a somewhat secretive manner.

Tbh, this makes no sense. Having privacy doesn't mean you have something to hide. Do you have curtains? And a front door? Many people do, and they have nothing to hide in their house, it's just called privacy.

actually the whole point of doors and windows was to prevent people from getting into your house, which means you dont trust your community, fair enough on that... but that is privacy- you having doors closed, windows shut, you dont see this in other communitys where doors are left wide open all day, this is what i mean by "you white people"when i said it, cose this whole place has a lack of trust in others which is fully understandable, but you cant even trust your own parents? wow. And yes i have trust in myself, and yes it is unacceptable for them to go thro your stuff without reason but im pretty sure when they do go thro your stuff they have a reason...
Reply 88
lol very nice, i like how u judge peoples abilitys from how they write informally on a forum... I got full marks btw so yeh i dont think youd be able enough to read or comprehend what they were on about.

Forgive me but it looks like a hell of a bigger effort to type like you have hooks for hands on a forum plus it makes you look like a moron. Personally i wouldn't want people assuming i was a moron bcs i typ lyke this LOL
Reply 89
Yes my mum does this looks through my mail, emails and my room when I am out. I once woke up in the middle of the night to her searching through my things even though I have told her not to a million times. She hasn't gone through my phone though because I keep that with me all the time and it has a password on it so she cant get in.
The only short term solution I have found is get really really pissed at her for about a week and then for like a week after that she won't do anything.
Reply 90
:rolleyes: i'm not entering into a conversation with you.
Reply 91
why didnt they want that privacy when they were like 5? what could have changed soo much that they now need privacy to stuff, social like.. yeh that needs privacy, but objects, wtf?

Do you really think that when going from the age of 5 to 19, a requirement for privacy does not change?! :rolleyes:

i aint actually got anything to hide since im old enough to be honest about what i have

This is just contradicting what you previous said.

What??
Original post by Trigger
Forgive me but it looks like a hell of a bigger effort to type like you have hooks for hands on a forum plus it makes you look like a moron. Personally i wouldn't want people assuming i was a moron bcs i typ lyke this LOL

I dont type like that =/ i only miss out a few letters which should still provide more then enough information for the average person to read... who the hell would switch a i for a y just to type lyke wtf?
Reply 93
actually the whole point of doors and windows was to prevent people from getting into your house, which means you dont trust your community, fair enough on that... but that is privacy- you having doors closed, windows shut, you dont see this in other communitys where doors are left wide open all day, this is what i mean by "you white people"when i said it, cose this whole place has a lack of trust in others which is fully understandable, but you cant even trust your own parents? wow. And yes i have trust in myself, and yes it is unacceptable for them to go thro your stuff without reason but im pretty sure when they do go thro your stuff they have a reason...

I said curtains, not windows. Curtains do not stop people getting into your house. They stop people from looking in.

Actually, I'm not white, and I'm 100% sure the colour of anybodys skin has **** all to do with what's actually being discussed here- so grow up and leave out skin colour, especially when it's so damn irrelevant. That is what makes your posts sound so idiotic.

I can trust my parents, if you actually read what I've said in previous posts, I'm saying that if your parents trusted you properly, why would they need to go through your things? When they could just ask you what's in there. My mum has gone through my things before, as I mentioned earlier, and actually I asked her about it again today after reading this thread and she admitted she was in the wrong. She trusts me, and if she now wants to know what's in my room; she will ask me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
I dont type like that =/ i only miss out a few letters which should still provide more then enough information for the average person to read... who the hell would switch a i for a y just to type lyke wtf?

Oh so you can do it.

Also lyke is used all the time.
Ah dude, I would get pretty vexed about that myself. I'm huge on keeping my privacy. It's not that I have anything to hide, it's just that I would like to keep things to myself. Both my parents know this, and they just leave me to it. I could litterally have my diary (if I kept one) sat on the dining table, and no one would read it. They know that I tell them whatever I want them to know, or whatever they need to know, and they know that I'm an adult to make my own decisions.

OP, has she asked you what's in your box? Change whats in the box temporarily, just as she looks in it, then whatever it is, there's nothing bad. You can stand there and discuss how upset you are that she doesn't trust you. Hide whatever else it is temporarily, find somewhere else to hide it. Considering she goes through all your stuff, I can't think of where I would hide anything, unless it's under floorboards or somewhere really high up, where she can't reach! haha.
Original post by DenHen
Do you really think that when going from the age of 5 to 19, a requirement for privacy does not change?! :rolleyes:

This is just contradicting what you previous said.

What??

erm no offence but if you had a brain by old enough i meant that, i aint going to cry about privacy but rather just be honest and so there would be no reason for anyone to go thro my stuff..

yeh when you go from 5-19 things change but with that you should also be more mature and actually think that, if your going to prevent your own parents from seeing something when they question it then they WILL want to know what it is.
Reply 97
bitch slap her and tell her to chill the **** out, nah I'm kidding. My parents are similar and strict it pisses me off! I just made my room messy so they can't even go past the door (i keep clean clothes seperate etc but little the floor with old ones i no longer wear)
Reply 98
nah not really, just tellin the truth about what i noticed, the only way u can actually get privacy is if you have your own place... why doesnt anyone get that, living in your parents house and having "your own" room doesnt make it yours...

Not true, I have privacy and live with my parents.
Original post by Trigger
Oh so you can do it.

Also lyke is used all the time.

but i didnt use it as you said i did... =/ lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending