The Student Room Group

Am I Cursed??

Re-making this thread.
Well I don't think I'm literally cursed, but I seem to have really bad luck and it really gets me down at times.
To sum up - I was almost raped (I managed to get away before it got too far), I've been mugged, beaten up when I didn't do anything (almost making me fail A levels at the time), I had a major allergic reaction a couple of times and seriously nearly died (they had to call an ambulance), got hit by a car a few months ago, and more recently was diagnosed with a life long condition that will make my life a bit more difficult forever...
I just feel that something is ALWAYS happening to me, and sometimes I don't know how to cope. I also feel that some people think I'm making things up or exaggerate when I need to talk to them about yet ANOTHER thing that's happened

How can I change my luck?
If you blow me, i'll give you my good luck charm.

It's my sperm, btw.
I'm sure it can feel like that but trust me, a lot of stuff happens to everyone, it's just different stuff. I could tell you about a helluva lot of similar things that have happened to me but I don't really want to go into my personal life on here :wink: trust me, it'll feel like everything is against you more than other people but unfortunately, that's just life. You are NOT cursed though
Reply 3
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
I'm sure it can feel like that but trust me, a lot of stuff happens to everyone, it's just different stuff. I could tell you about a helluva lot of similar things that have happened to me but I don't really want to go into my personal life on here :wink: trust me, it'll feel like everything is against you more than other people but unfortunately, that's just life. You are NOT cursed though

Yeah. I just need help to stay positive sometimes... As soon as I get over one thing another thing happens. But then, I guess it's helping to make me a stronger person?
:/ hopefully
Reply 4
Think Karma.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Yeah. I just need help to stay positive sometimes... As soon as I get over one thing another thing happens. But then, I guess it's helping to make me a stronger person?

Get this:
Don't worry about whats going on, maybe its a sign that you got a bright future:smile:, normally people go through a very hard time before things get good for them, so just look forward to the day when you hit the jackpot!:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Manesh2468
Don't worry about whats going on, maybe its a sign that you got a bright future:smile:, normally people go through a very hard time before things get good for them, so just look forward to the day when you hit the jackpot!:biggrin:

oooo, maybe I'll win the lottery?
Respect for holding it together after what you've been through! It's unfortunately just very unlikely and unfortunate that these things have happened to you, but I really admire you for keeping your chin up despite them :smile:

I don't think it's about luck, so much...but in any case, I hope you're treated well from now on.

It will :smile: from when I was 16 to when I was 21 I went through A LOT of sh*t constantly but I feel I'm a much better person for everything I went through. Ask anyone who's done some growing up, they'll tell you about all the crap they had to go through to get there. People who don't go through any bad experiences are very rare and probably won't turn out to be as nice because of it. You'll be fine, just don't let it get to you (I know it's easy to say that but a lot harder to keep to it)
oooo, maybe I'll win the lottery?

um maybe if thats what you want lol, what i meant by jackpot is happyness, sometimes in life people go through really hard moments and then they go though good moments, i guess thats how life is really, so you just have to look forward to the good times :smile: its all a fine balance.
Original post by Manesh2468
um maybe if thats what you want lol, what i meant by jackpot is happyness, sometimes in life people go through really hard moments and then they go though good moments, i guess thats how life is really, so you just have to look forward to the good times :smile: its all a fine balance.

I know what you meant lol, I was just joking...
I hope some day something really nice happens :smile: it'll make up for it all.
If there are 6 billion people on earth, some of them are bound to be 'unlucky' a lot of the time during their life, I'm afraid you're just gonna have to live with that :frown: although there's nothing saying that it won't get better :smile:
I know what you meant lol, I was just joking...
I hope some day something really nice happens :smile: it'll make up for it all.

yup dont worry about it, the less you think about it the quicker it will come and im sure you'll have the time of your life when it does :cool:
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
It will :smile: from when I was 16 to when I was 21 I went through A LOT of sh*t constantly but I feel I'm a much better person for everything I went through. Ask anyone who's done some growing up, they'll tell you about all the crap they had to go through to get there. People who don't go through any bad experiences are very rare and probably won't turn out to be as nice because of it. You'll be fine, just don't let it get to you (I know it's easy to say that but a lot harder to keep to it)

Thanks :smile: being 20, maybe I still have plenty of time to turn things around... I know I've definitely grown up a lot.
Re-making this thread.
Well I don't think I'm literally cursed, but I seem to have really bad luck and it really gets me down at times.
To sum up - I was almost raped (I managed to get away before it got too far), I've been mugged, beaten up when I didn't do anything (almost making me fail A levels at the time), I had a major allergic reaction a couple of times and seriously nearly died (they had to call an ambulance), got hit by a car a few months ago, and more recently was diagnosed with a life long condition that will make my life a bit more difficult forever...
I just feel that something is ALWAYS happening to me, and sometimes I don't know how to cope. I also feel that some people think I'm making things up or exaggerate when I need to talk to them about yet ANOTHER thing that's happened

How can I change my luck?

Seems like you've hit rock bottom.

Think about it this way. It can only go up from here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending