The Student Room Group

Withdrawing my application... how?

Okay, hey all!
Just had a quick mooch through the threads and I can't find anything on how to withdraw my application!

I know I'll need to get in touch with UCAS and let them know that I'll be withdrawing for medical reasons, but I'm completely unsure as to how I go about it, could anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

I've got all my offers back but don't want to just outright "decline" them. I'd much rather have UCAS withdraw my application due to medical reasons.
Just phone UCAS and ask them to withdraw it.
Reply 2
There will be no advantage in UCAS withdrawing over you declining. But if you decline your choices you could change your mind later if you wish.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
There will be no advantage in UCAS withdrawing over you declining. But if you decline your choices you could change your mind later if you wish.

Such as going through clearing, etc?
I'm pretty much hell bent on not going this year, but I suppose it would be nice /just in case/ or something.

There isn't a specific number I should ring is there, just UCAS and then ask to speak to someone regarding withdrawing? I might just end up declining but I dunno!
Reply 4
Original post by Mayden

Original post by Mayden
Such as going through clearing, etc?
I'm pretty much hell bent on not going this year, but I suppose it would be nice /just in case/ or something.

There isn't a specific number I should ring is there, just UCAS and then ask to speak to someone regarding withdrawing? I might just end up declining but I dunno!

Yes, Clearing.

You don't need to phone UCAS - you can do it yourself on Track. But if you do you don't need to ask for a specific person as they can all do it for you; they don't advise you what's best, they just click buttons. There's also no such thing as withdrawing "for health reasons", you just get classed as withdrawn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending