The Student Room Group

Rejected by a guy, looking for some advice/thoughts

Scroll to see replies

Forget him.

Guys like that are not worth knowing at all!! douches. If they can do that to you whilst with a girl, what would he do if he was with you and being ''friendly'' with another?

Better guys out there my dear
If you go off with a guy who is cheating on his partner with you, there is nothing stopping him from doing the same to you. I don't mean to be nasty but with men like that you're nothing special, just another girl in a long line he will use and chuck away. Forget him, he sounds like a douche.
Original post by nahm sayn?
he wanted his cake, and he also... wanted to eat it..

Precisely this. Forget about him, he doesn't value you and is willing to cheat on another girl.

At least you didn't sleep with him.
Reply 23
Original post by wavey93
My uncle used to drink a can of kestrel when life got stressful.

TUNE! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Thanks for the replies even though some of you have come to different conclusions on it all.

I guess the one thing I know is that I probably can do better; someone who doesn't cheat on the person they're seeing regardless of how 'attractive' they think I am and I deserve someone who likes me and just me.
Reply 25
Bad times, OP. Maybe he liked you but just didn't want to risk letting go of this other girl not knowing if you two would have worked out etc. I reckon he liked you but was too scared to take a risk/risk explaining his situation to the other girl!
Reply 26
Just wanted to add, I feel quite sorry for you even though you were part of him cheating on his girlfriend. I would say he seemed interested and you set your hopes a bit high, agree?

There are better guys out there m'dear!
I think he made out to you that the situation between him and this girl wasn't that serious because they may have been going through a bad patch or been on a break which lead him to 'stray.' (In quotes, because you never said whether they were actually together or not)

No doubt in my mind whatsoever that he was attracted to you/liked you, but his heart seems to be with this other girl.
Advice.... Hmmmm

There's always the Vibrator in the top draw of your bedsite table?:bhangra:
YOU REJECTED HIM.

/thread.
just forget him. why would you want to go out with someone who is capeable of cheeting?
Reply 31
Original post by imperial maniac
YOU REJECTED HIM.

/thread.

Did she?! You mean because she told him she wouldn't see him whilst he was still with the other girl and because she didn't sleep with him? I think that was fair enough, a good head over heart choice!

If you don't mean that then it's a bit nonsensical to say she rejected him :confused:
Reply 32
Original post by Lilrascal19
I think he made out to you that the situation between him and this girl wasn't that serious because they may have been going through a bad patch or been on a break which lead him to 'stray.' (In quotes, because you never said whether they were actually together or not)

No doubt in my mind whatsoever that he was attracted to you/liked you, but his heart seems to be with this other girl.

My friend was unable to tell me if they were actually 'boyfriend and girlfriend' - all I got from her was that they had been seeing each other for 2/3 months. Whereas he said he had just been on a few dates but had had his reservations for a while.

I kind of feel like he was trying to get as much as he could but when I said I didn't want to be the bit on the side he realised he couldn't just do that.
Original post by kates:)
Did she?! You mean because she told him she wouldn't see him whilst he was still with the other girl and because she didn't sleep with him? I think that was fair enough, a good head over heart choice!

If you don't mean that then it's a bit nonsensical to say she rejected him :confused:

Not really, if the guy is the one doing the asking it's not exactly like the OP is being a slag, if she made a move on him when he was clearly already into someone else, then she's in the wrong, but the guy was pulling all the strings in this.

Who goes with their head anyway?
Reply 34
he's not worth 1 sleepless night...
Reply 35
Not really, if the guy is the one doing the asking it's not exactly like the OP is being a slag, if she made a move on him when he was clearly already into someone else, then she's in the wrong, but the guy was pulling all the strings in this.

Who goes with their head anyway?

Well I felt guilty and uncomfortable seeing him again/getting with him again knowing he was still involved with another girl. That was something I couldn't get past so in that sense it was a head decision. Standing by my morals was something I wasn't going to compromise regardless of the fact I did like him.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I felt guilty and uncomfortable seeing him again/getting with him again knowing he was still involved with another girl. That was something I couldn't get past so in that sense it was a head decision. Standing by my morals was something I wasn't going to compromise regardless of the fact I did like him.

That's just silly, if I like a girl, I go for it.

Now he thinks you're not interested, so he isn't going to chuck this other girl for you when there is no reason for him to think that you like him that much anyway, since you rejected him for a silly reason.

I don't really get the logic behind your "moral" decision, the other girl is going to be upset if the guy dumps her anyway, it doesn't really make a difference whether you shagged him before or after the dumping.

(Note: girls rarely say actually say how they really feel when rejecting a guy, they will come up with an excuse such as "I feel guilty as I think you might already be involved with someone else.")
Reply 37
That's just silly, if I like a girl, I go for it.

Now he thinks you're not interested, so he isn't going to chuck this other girl for you when there is no reason for him to think that you like him that much anyway, since you rejected him for a silly reason.

I don't really get the logic behind your "moral" decision, the other girl is going to be upset if the guy dumps her anyway, it doesn't really make a difference whether you shagged him before or after the dumping.

(Note: girls rarely say actually say how they really feel when rejecting a guy, they will come up with an excuse such as "I feel guilty as I think you might already be involved with someone else.")

I would have thought telling him I liked him but felt uncomfortable seeing him knowing there was another girl in the picture would have made it quite clear how I felt?

I told him I wanted to see more of him and get to know him and was attracted to him so can it really be that he didn't think I was interested enough?

If so, which I didn't think I was doing, then maybe I did make a bit of a mistake, but like others have said is he really worth it if he'll so readily cheat on his girlfriend?
Reply 38
Well, IMO, he didn't do anything wrong, and didn't play you. He made it clear that he was seeing someone else (I normally 'see' a few people at a time to see how well we get along, see if we would actually be good in a relationship together etc...and it sounds as if this guy was doing the same). It's just unfortunate that he wants to persue things with this other girl instead of you. You win some, you lose some.
Everyday I'm shufflin'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending