The Student Room Group

Sciences Po or Graduate Institute Geneva ?

Hello,

I got an admission offer from both Sciences Po Paris (in International economic policy) and the Graduate Institute of International and Developpement Studies (in International Law).

I was wondering which institution had the best reputation.

Have you ever heard about these two programs ?

(I know tey seem different but I would like to do a specialization in International economic law if I studied in Geneva)
Same question from me but

Sciences Po, international security, and Graduate Institute, international relations!

Thanks
Reply 2
Hello!

I'm thinking about applying to the Graduate Institute in January 2012 (for a MA in PolSci), but I don't know if I have a chance of getting in. Could you please evaluate my chances?

Graduated in Political Science at the University of São Paulo (Brazil's best university - my average score: 8/10)
MA in Political Science at the same university (8 disciplines: 6A's, 2B's)
2 forthcoming articles in Brazilian peer-reviewed publications
2x participant of IR national congresses
1x discussant at the International Political Science Association international meeting
Cambridge Proficiency of English Certificate (B)
DALF B1
Goethe-Zertifikat A2
2 short-duration courses in Germany
3 good letters of reference from professors directly involved in my work

I would love to live in Geneva and study at the Graduate Institute! Any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you for your attention
You won't know until you apply.... I don't think a lot of people on here really know how to evaluate brazilian credentials but 8/10 looks good to me so give it a shot and write a solid motivation letter or personal statement of why The Graduate Institute and how it will take you wherever you want to go in life...

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by dfd2
Hello!

I'm thinking about applying to the Graduate Institute in January 2012 (for a MA in PolSci), but I don't know if I have a chance of getting in. Could you please evaluate my chances?

Graduated in Political Science at the University of São Paulo (Brazil's best university - my average score: 8/10)
MA in Political Science at the same university (8 disciplines: 6A's, 2B's)
2 forthcoming articles in Brazilian peer-reviewed publications
2x participant of IR national congresses
1x discussant at the International Political Science Association international meeting
Cambridge Proficiency of English Certificate (B)
DALF B1
Goethe-Zertifikat A2
2 short-duration courses in Germany
3 good letters of reference from professors directly involved in my work

I would love to live in Geneva and study at the Graduate Institute! Any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you for your attention

I'm no expert on this but some lectures might be in French if the university's based in Geneva.
Actually you have to submit the test de connaissance de la langue Francaise or some other French test for sure...just check which one they want...
Reply 6
Thank you for your responses. I appreciate the feedback :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending