The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
I can't wait much longer at all. I've got another 175 hours to find out. The fact that I've finished hasn't sunk in yet...!
Reply 4161
Original post by visesh
I can't wait much longer at all. I've got another 175 hours to find out. The fact that I've finished hasn't sunk in yet...!

Good luck :smile:
Results in half an hour...ish.

:afraid:
Yessssss!!! Pass with merit!
Original post by Kinkerz
My mate is involved in an evaluation of Keele's attendance policies and given that he knows I use this site, has asked me to post a question in this thread about other schools' attendance policies. If some of you could answer the following questions about your schools, that'd be awesome.

A) Which sessions are compulsory? Tutorials and smaller group things, which are registered. Also any logbook sign ups like clinical skills, GP sessions/hospital sessions. Lectures, dissection and other larger group stuff is voluntary. After pre-clin years I'm not sure
B) What happens if you miss a compulsory session? Nothing initially, they often forget to register anyway
C) What happens if you continually miss compulsory sessions? E-mails from the head of year, then meetings with her if it keeps happening. This results in a record being made in your logbook and in their records. A couple of these and there'll be FtP meetings
D) Do you feel the system is appropriate? I'd say so, impossible to keep a register on things like lectures, far too many of them. I guess you could register DR sessions though

Replied.
Original post by visesh

Is it a bit of an anti-climatic finish?

Or really relieved to finish?
Original post by Mushi_master
I'd recommend keeping out of the current medical students and doctors forum.

+1 :yep:
Original post by Sarky
I passed finals woo hoo! I am now Dr Sarky :smile:

How were yours?

Woo hoo indeed Dr Sarky! Well done!
Happy with your F1 rotation? Where are you for it?

Original post by visesh

Ah, I know, tell me about it! I've got nearly two weeks to find out. I am so terrified it is unbelievable. Also, can't quite imagine where 5 years went!
Good luck!
Reply 4168
quick question guys :smile: if you'd be so nice!

in a burns situation, I underestand water is loss and the patient becomes hypovolaemic and blood pressure goes down.

but i don't understand if the patient becomes hypo- or hyper-natraemic. would the patient lose sodium or not? An essay marked correctly by the examiner said that hypernatramia is the correct answer but won't sodium be lost with the lost of water? or does the water evaporate and so leaves the sodium in the blood stream?

I'd really appreciate any help.
Original post by jamie.p

Original post by jamie.p

in a burns situation, I underestand water is loss and the patient becomes hypovolaemic and blood pressure goes down.

but i don't understand if the patient becomes hypo- or hyper-natraemic. would the patient lose sodium or not? An essay marked correctly by the examiner said that hypernatramia is the correct answer but won't sodium be lost with the lost of water? or does the water evaporate and so leaves the sodium in the blood stream?

Well I know absolutely nothing, but I wrote up a patient case of drug induced hyponatraemia, and when it came to writing about other causes of hyponatraemia, burns was one of them :dontknow:
Reply 4170
Original post by jamie.p

I'm guessing hypernatraemia: with low blood pressure/volume Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system would kick in. angiotensin+aldosterone promote sodium reabsorption. Also in extreme situations of hypovolemia renal blood flow will be massively reduced and induce acute tubular necrosis which would mess up sodium regulation.
Original post by i'm no superman
Congrats to you both! :smile:

Thank you! Good luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 4172
Original post by Philosoraptor

A bit of both to be honest. It's an odd feeling of loss mixed with joy!
Reply 4173
Original post by Ribbons

Original post by Ribbons

Ah, I know, tell me about it! I've got nearly two weeks to find out. I am so terrified it is unbelievable. Also, can't quite imagine where 5 years went!
Good luck!

Good luck to you too! The exams have dragged on for just over 2 weeks and now it's just a question of playing the waiting game. There is a very real possibility that lots of us will have to retake some of the written papers given how tough they were, so it's definitely terrifying.
Original post by Mushi_master
Really pleased, did work my arse of this year though! Big congrats to you too!

Thank you! Would you recommend reading up on any scenarios/topics before second year starts, because I've heard next year is a huge step up!
Reply 4175
Original post by Ribbons

I'm in East Kent for F1, doing Acute Med/ITU/Geri's/Colorectal.

Was my second choice job I think with a link to a hospital very close to home for F2 so pretty chuffed. Just need to get some sleep now I feel dead! Hope everything goes well for you :smile:

Spoiler

Cheers guys.
Reply 4177
Congrats to everyone passing exams!
Woop woop second year over and done with :biggrin: No resits for me :h:

Original post by Becca-Sarah
x

See you in September! :p:
Reply 4179
Congrats guys :smile:

Day 2/77 of being apart from my boyfriend and I'm already playing bejewelled blitz :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending