The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends who approaches me though i'm not that loose. I'd be honest if i was 25 though its not a bad age your still sooo young!
Reply 2
I'd love to be 25!
Yeah, I hear that going to nightclubs and telling people that you're 16-17 works out real well...

:lolwut:
Reply 4
Why not just bring up your age at all?

Anyway as a guy, being older isn't usually a bad thing.
Id actually consider lying about being older! Girls seem to dig older guys and I was talking to a girl and she rejected me because she was 22 and I was 20. Obviously nothing would have happened because if she's not wanting to talk to me just because I'm two years younger then obviously she wasn't very interested in the first place but whatever, I'm sure saying I was 22 or 23 would have its advantages. I'll actually be 21 quite soon.
Reply 6
Seems a bit rapey if they find out.
Reply 7
So many people I know do this! Normally the less pretty ones who look older/dress too mature. Best to be honest though I think.
If I had to, sure why not?
Reply 9
well id never lie abot my age

i do id girls just to make sure though XD
Reply 10
Original post by You Failed
Id actually consider lying about being older! Girls seem to dig older guys and I was talking to a girl and she rejected me because she was 22 and I was 20. Obviously nothing would have happened because if she's not wanting to talk to me just because I'm two years younger then obviously she wasn't very interested in the first place but whatever, I'm sure saying I was 22 or 23 would have its advantages. I'll actually be 21 quite soon.

So true +1

My boyfriend told me he was 30 (Im 22), and I was quite impressed, but here comes the mad bit, I saw his driving licence and it said he was 38, wasn't bothered by it but in MY opinion didnt see why he had to lie, he doesn't act like a 38 y.o and he sure as hell doesnt look it

Definitly add a couple of years if you're a guy :P
Reply 11
Original post by Lugosi
So true +1

My boyfriend told me he was 30 (Im 22), and I was quite impressed, but here comes the mad bit, I saw his driving licence and it said he was 38, wasn't bothered by it but in MY opinion didnt see why he had to lie, he doesn't act like a 38 y.o and he sure as hell doesnt look it

Definitly add a couple of years if you're a guy :P

because you wouldn't have gone out with him if you knew he was 38.
Reply 12
Original post by noobynoo
because you wouldn't have gone out with him if you knew he was 38.

Clearly I would of done, I didnt run a mile when I saw the driving licence (that was after a week), and my ex before him was 35, hardly a huge gap there.
Reply 13
yep, when i was 20 i told a 30 year old woman i was 28 :tongue:

I lie about pretty much everything at a club, my name, my job and my age etc.

you may have met me, Chris Stevens, I'm a 36 year old dolphin shaver. :wink:
No, the nightclubs around here always have a young and older crowd anyway. Where I live, nobody gives up clubbing at the weekends so it seems. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Lugosi
Clearly I would of done, I didnt run a mile when I saw the driving licence (that was after a week), and my ex before him was 35, hardly a huge gap there.

Sure, but there is a difference between deciding to go out with someone and staying with someone you had a lot of time invested in. So he could lie about his age to reel you in then when you're hooked he can reveal his real age. :colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by Deathly_Hallows
No, the nightclubs around here always have a young and older crowd anyway. Where I leave, nobody gives up clubbing at the weekends so it seems. :tongue:

Is that what it's like in Italy? Can a 30 year old get with an 18 year old and nobody bats an eyelid?
Reply 17
Sure, but there is a difference between deciding to go out with someone and staying with someone you had a lot of time invested in. So he could lie about his age to reel you in then when you're hooked he can reveal his real age. :colondollar:

I wouldnt say a week was invested time, we hadnt even slept together when I found out, I dont see why so many people make a fuss over age when they are both over 18, if I was under-age yeah then thats just wrong but surely somebodys age is irrelevant if you like them? (Was going to post thread on age gaps but think will be too many trolls)

Anyway I havent dumped him because of it and it'll be 1 year in October :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Deathly_Hallows
No, the nightclubs around here always have a young and older crowd anyway. Where I leave, nobody gives up clubbing at the weekends so it seems. :tongue:

Im going to Italy when im single :P
Is that what it's like in Italy? Can a 30 year old get with an 18 year old and nobody bats an eyelid?

Ireland, and yeah it's possible in nightclubs for that to happen. A lot of older men would try and hook up with much younger girls and some would go for it, other's wouldn't.

Original post by Lugosi
Im going to Italy when im single :P

Ireland. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending