The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jayups
I got into Freemen Common. I have 3 days to accept or decline. Any help?

Well it's very close to the university and Morrisons. Why not accept it?

Original post by Wezzler
Basically went to the open day/accommodation tour today and the leaflets they were handing out with hall prices are about £250 off the real accommodation prices for this year.

Above or below?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by SirMasterKey
Well it's very close to the university and Morrisons. Why not accept it?

Above or below?

Below, so that was a nice surprise when I got home :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 202
I heard Freeman Common has 10 people sharing one bathroom. That doesn't seem like an ideal situation
Reply 203
Original post by jayups
I heard Freeman Common has 10 people sharing one bathroom. That doesn't seem like an ideal situation

No not really ideal (if true)...

Then again Freeman Common is right on top of the Uni, where as Oadby is 40mins walk away....
Original post by BigV
No not really ideal (if true)...

Then again Freeman Common is right on top of the Uni, where as Oadby is 40mins walk away....

Freemen's is a bit grimy and full of people from the People's Republic. Oadby would be and was my preference for first year.
Original post by jayups

Well that can't be true. If 6 or more people are in one house/block by law there needs to be a second bathroom.

Original post by Wezzler
Below, so that was a nice surprise when I got home :/

You should email the accomodation people to ask. Seems a bit wrong. Find out which one is right.
Reply 206
Well that can't be true. If 6 or more people are in one house/block by law there needs to be a second bathroom.

You should email the accomodation people to ask. Seems a bit wrong. Find out which one is right.

No it is right, it's just at the open day they were stupidly handing out accommodation booklets with the 2010/2011 prices not the 2011/12 for some reason.
Reply 207
Freeman common is packed with students for People's Republic? I dont think thats cool because I'm Canadian. Only got this one offer and if i decline it I dont wanna live like 40 minutes away....decisions decision...so hard
Avoid putting Digby down at all in your choices, as listing it gives them grounds to place you there....and you don't want that.
Original post by jfqwerty
any idea what accommodation in oadby is likely to be free for insurance candidates, i'm thinking catered en suites/premium singles are more likely to be free than the self catered alternatives. thanks.

That sounds about right.

There were a few spaces in Mary Gee too, but it's Mary Gee :afraid:
Original post by Soph Soph
That sounds about right.

There were a few spaces in Mary Gee too, but it's Mary Gee :afraid:

What's wrong with Mary Gee? From the people who lived there I've heard nothing but good things about it. And walking to Oadby via Mary Gee is a pleasant walk.
Reply 211
What's wrong with Mary Gee? From the people who lived there I've heard nothing but good things about it. And walking to Oadby via Mary Gee is a pleasant walk.

My friend's sister went there and said the rooms were so small she could barely move around in it.
Reply 212
I'm getting really pissed off now; I went unconditional firm on UCAS nearly a month ago. No offer for accommodation as of yet and no offical confirmation letter or joining pack from the admissions department either.

Why does it take so long, I would assume this is a quiet period before all the A-level results come out!
Reply 213
I got my accommodation offer almost 2 weeks after I became unconditional
Reply 214
Original post by Astrum
I got my accommodation offer almost 2 weeks after I became unconditional

When did you become unconditional and where did you apply?

(just wondering if they are allocating certain accommodation types first?)
Reply 215
I became unconditional 2 weeks ago and I applied in April I think ;P got my offer today

Oh and I applied to JoFo only and got my 1st choice premium flat
Reply 216
Original post by Astrum
I became unconditional 2 weeks ago and I applied in April I think ;P got my offer today

Oh and I applied to JoFo only and got my 1st choice premium flat

Ok, well I emailed them last week and they told me I wouldn't be getting an offer soon because they had a backlog....

But you became firm after me and I applied in before you in March!

I'm phoning them tomorrow, not putting up with BS.
Reply 217
Sorry to hear mate,I also emailed them about my offer and they said I should be getting one soon 2 days ago.Don't know what's the deal with your case.
Reply 218
Original post by BigV
Ok, well I emailed them last week and they told me I wouldn't be getting an offer soon because they had a backlog....

But you became firm after me and I applied in before you in March!

I'm phoning them tomorrow, not putting up with BS.

Mine took 28 days...and that was 2 months ago!
Reply 219
i got my offer after 6 weeks or so , but yeah

GMS , Bredon House, floor 2 :smile:

anyone else there ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending