The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

People with confirmed accommodation offers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Beaumont Hall, block 5, first floor room 14 :smile: so excited
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 101
Is it unusual for me to get nothing that I applied for??
I applied in Oadby, got offered mary gee... not pleased!
Hall/Site Digby Hall
Room Yellow Block Ground Floor Room 13
Address Digby Hall Stoughton Drive South Leicester LE2 2NB
Room Layout Premium Single Room
Period of Residence 02/10/2011 to 17/12/2011
15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012
Room Attributes Accommodation Type: Catered

I hate this.... all my choices were self catered and they stick me in catered :/
plus i applied on the day it released the online application :'(
Reply 103
Original post by hoxtonhero2
Hall/Site Digby Hall
15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012

I hate this.... all my choices were self catered and they stick me in catered :/

There's only 25% self catered, most of which is given to Gap Year students sadly, so it's near impossible to get it.
:'( the fact i didn't get any of my preference sucks.
plus I didn't really like Digby when I went to visit.
Reply 105
:'( the fact i didn't get any of my preference sucks.
plus I didn't really like Digby when I went to visit.

A lot of people are going to put the best places down so it's hard to get what you want.
Reply 106
If anybody wants any info on Nixon Court (Premium+ single room), quote me :smile:
Reply 107
Bowder Court Block GG Flr 01 room 9

Anyone nearby?? :smile:
Reply 108
GMS Launde house anyone?
Reply 109
Hall/Site Digby Hall
15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012

I'm in the same boat, I applied at the end of March and my choices were all John Foster and self-catered, but they've stuck me in GMS (Launde House) :frown: Does anyone know if there's any way to change the offer, maybe by swapping rooms or something? Or should I just man up and accept it?
Original post by JDCW
I'm in the same boat, I applied at the end of March and my choices were all John Foster and self-catered, but they've stuck me in GMS (Launde House) :frown: Does anyone know if there's any way to change the offer, maybe by swapping rooms or something? Or should I just man up and accept it?

is your room self catered though?
Original post by JDCW

Happened to me too! :mad: I've been living away from home for 3 years! I want to cook for myself!!
Reply 112
Original post by JDCW

What would you prefer? I doubt there's ANY JoFo self catered left, most of it was filled up with gap years before today.
Reply 113
is your room self catered though?

Nah it's catered!

Original post by ascottheyes
Happened to me too! :mad: I've been living away from home for 3 years! I want to cook for myself!!

Haha I'm living at home at the moment but I want to cook for myself as well, be more independent, all that ****; but instead I have to adhere to a routine of pre-cooked meals every day. I shouldn't moan too much though, at least I got in...
Reply 114
Everyone: the whole of Oadby is ONLY 25% SELF CATERED, most of which has ALREADY been given to gap year students, so it was always VERY unlikely you'd get a self catered room!!
Original post by Sir Toad
John Foster Medbourne Floor 1, Flat 3, Room E :biggrin:
Anybody else by chance going there? Unlikely, but who knows...

my friend was in Medbourne, its lovely :smile: I'm in Leire the block next door :smile:
I'm in Wistow House in Gilbert Murray Stamford. Can't even find that bit of those halls on the site! Want to see what I've been signed up for! HELP!
Reply 117
Original post by lrs_17
What would you prefer? I doubt there's ANY JoFo self catered left, most of it was filled up with gap years before today.

I'd prefer anything self-catered really, but like I said, I don't wanna make too much of a fuss. I appreciate the exclusivity of JoFo as it looked brilliant when I was there for the tour, it's just a shame I didn't get in. I'll only be at GMS for one of the four years of my course though, I'll get over it :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by JDCW
I'd prefer anything self-catered really, but like I said, I don't wanna make too much of a fuss. I appreciate the exclusivity of JoFo as it looked brilliant when I was there for the tour, it's just a shame I didn't get in. I'll only be at GMS for one of the four years of my course though, I'll get over it :smile:

See my above post, I doubt there is any self catered left, everyone wants it, and it's only a quarter of Oadby, so gap year students get most of it.
Reply 119
Original post by benjii
Bowder Court Block GG Flr 01 room 9

Anyone nearby?? :smile:

I'm in room 11!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending