The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde PGDE accommodation offers 2023/2024

Hey guys, I have a confirmed place at Strathclyde for a PGDE starting mid August. I applied for halls back when accommodation applications opened and was told not to expect an offer until the end of June/start of July at the earliest. Due to the fact that they stressed that's the EARLIEST, I'm really worried that offers won't be sent until way after that. Does anyone here have experience with when they send out offers or what to expect? I feel like we don't get much time between getting the offer and moving, especially for people like myself who are coming from overseas.
Usually it's the policy of Uni accommodation depts to advise those given an offer of accommodation not to discuss this online or with others.

This is because it makes other applicants for housing worry unnecessarily that they have been overlooked.

This type of panic then spreads like wildfire and overwhelms the accommodation team with pointless enquiries along the lines of 'why haven't I got an offer of a room when I know you are making them to others'
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hi all :smile:

I know it is a stressful time when looking for accommodation but we really appreciate your patience during our busier times. Our accommodation team will be working hard to allocate rooms over the coming weeks. In the meantime if you have any questions I'd encourage you to get in touch with them directly, as they know their processes and systems best and will be able to give some help :redface:

Contact details for the accommodation team:
email: [email protected]
tel: +44 (0) 1415483454

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending