The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ffffreya
Ahaha! Do you have the accent too?? I've only been here a year so I don't have one :frown:

My accent is ridiculous. People always ask me where I'm from. I've lived in Britain my entire life (London and Cornwall), my mum is Scottish, and I've spent a lot of time during my teens speaking to Americans online... so my accent is seriously screwed. Even when I moved to Cornwall and had never used the internet in my life people kept asking me if I was Australian. I think I have some kind of speech impediment.

I can put on an amazing west-country accent though :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2961
Original post by katie93
medical science anyone?
also i applied for the tannery but havent heard anything yet, i keep checking my email just in case :P
i can't waitt!!

my flat mate (tannery B block) is doing medical science :smile:
Reply 2962
Original post by Gemini92
The deposit is £200.

Thanks xx
Reply 2963
Original post by Muffinz
My accent is ridiculous. People always ask me where I'm from. I've lived in Britain my entire life (London and Cornwall), my mum is Scottish, and I've spent a lot of time during my teens speaking to Americans online... so my accent is seriously screwed. Even when I moved to Cornwall and had never used the internet in my life people kept asking me if I was Australian. I think I have some kind of speech impediment.

I can put on an amazing west-country accent though :biggrin:

Ahaha how odd! :biggrin: I think I have a standard home-counties accent, but apparently sometimes I say the odd word with a bit of a Northern accent because I talk to my boyfriend from Yorkshire so much! ahaaa. West country accents are hilarious though! I love them haha
Original post by ffffreya
Ahaha how odd! :biggrin: I think I have a standard home-counties accent, but apparently sometimes I say the odd word with a bit of a Northern accent because I talk to my boyfriend from Yorkshire so much! ahaaa. West country accents are hilarious though! I love them haha

I only do it when I'm feeling silly. :3 So many people at Eden are really Cornish though so it's difficult not to sometimes!
Reply 2965
Original post by PDee
Hey!
Sorry if these questions have been asked somewhere is this mega-thread but I haven't seen the answers anywhere.
How much is the deposit we have to send within seven days? Is it a week's rent or a set amount or something?
Also, I'm a little worried that I might not get my email until after tuesday, in which case I will be on holiday and maybe without internet access. What should I do? Will I have to leave someone my details? (eurgh don't want to do this my mum is not trustworthy.)

Im going away aswell next week so im a little worried but im just planning on getting my emails forwarded to my mum and hoping for the best haha
Reply 2966
ffffreya
I'm going History and Philosophy! So we might have some modules together?

Should do! That'll be good. Whilst we'll talking about accents mine is a bit weird at times, lived in Australia for year 9-11 and little bit of year 12 :smile: so can't say I represent the true cornish -devonian accent :P
Reply 2967
Original post by slizzie
Should do! That'll be good. Whilst we'll talking about accents mine is a bit weird at times, lived in Australia for year 9-11 and little bit of year 12 :smile: so can't say I represent the true cornish -devonian accent :P

Haha ooooh! When I moved down I thought loads of people would have the accent but like no one does!

muffinz ahaha, i wonder if many peoples accents will change in yorkshire? :smile:
Original post by accomoffice
x

I've just paid my deposit - should I let it be processed for however many days before accepting the accommodation offer? :smile:
Reply 2969
Original post by Bella Occhi
I've just paid my deposit - should I let it be processed for however many days before accepting the accommodation offer? :smile:

I just clicked the accept button straight after I paid the deposit both times.
I just clicked the accept button straight after I paid the deposit both times.

Oh ok, thanks :smile:
Reply 2971
Original post by Bella Occhi
Oh ok, thanks :smile:

Don't forget to print off the page that you get up after as you need to show it to get your keys when you move in.
Reply 2972
Don't forget to print off the page that you get up after as you need to show it to get your keys when you move in.

Think you can print it off again later, i decided to leave it till later cos i always lose things like that and the one i printed initially is not the room i got moved to
Reply 2973
Original post by dmz
Think you can print it off again later, i decided to leave it till later cos i always lose things like that and the one i printed initially is not the room i got moved to

You can print if off later by going to the accom offer and clicking the link in that. I had to do that last year as I lost the one I printed off first, hopefully, I'm not going to lose it this time.
Reply 2974
Original post by oliviaL
Im going away aswell next week so im a little worried but im just planning on getting my emails forwarded to my mum and hoping for the best haha

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday but otherwise I guess I'll have to trust my parents :smile:
Original post by Eddieee
I'm in O2. 14 so i guess that means i'm on the floor above you?
When are you planning on moving in?

Yeah it does
I think either the 16th or 17th depending on when my dad will drive me
There seems a good west country contingent heading to Leeds. How about anyone from Norwich?
sorry if this has been answered already but when is the earliest you can move in and when is the deadline.

Aeronautical engineering! Anyone :s-smilie:
Reply 2978
Original post by dasha962
sorry if this has been answered already but when is the earliest you can move in and when is the deadline.

Aeronautical engineering! Anyone :s-smilie:

You can move in anytime frm the day your contract starts, which is 14th for most halls. The dates will be on your accom offer. There are freshers events starting on 19th including enrolment and any departmental things you may have so you should arrive before then. Most people will move in on the weekend (17th/18th) but there will be some who move in earlier.
You can move in anytime frm the day your contract starts, which is 14th for most halls. The dates will be on your accom offer. There are freshers events starting on 19th including enrolment and any departmental things you may have so you should arrive before then. Most people will move in on the weekend (17th/18th) but there will be some who move in earlier.

Gemini, you're doing a brilliant job here - no questions left for me to answer! :smile:

Latest