The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
:nah:

i know you or someone else on here said there arent any cupboards in the ensuite, but is there at least a shelf?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2261
Original post by stroppyninja
Whoops I just realised I failed. When I accepted my accommodation offer (Norfolk Terrace), I included my full name, but didn't write my student I.D. Number.
Do I need to resend my confirmation, or do you think they've worked it out without my number.

Norfolk Terrace too! :biggrin:
Reply 2262
Original post by kpwxx
They don't have irons, though the 'don't bring' reasoning still applies a little since other people might bring one you can all share. And if not you can get one there easily.

I think kettle, toaster etc are provided as they are not listed on the 'bring this' list on uea's website, though I don't remember them being there in the village... I suppose the wait and see from above applies again, I think they sell basic appliances on campus anyway so it's not far to go!

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/livinginuearesidences/whattopack

xxx

Pfft no smoking pipes?

Whats next? UEA Accomm will be telling us no drugs? :tongue:

Im kidding about the drugs UEA accomm, please don't kick me out of my room I haven't moved into yet. :frown:
Reply 2263
suffolk terrace ooooooooooooh yeah!!!!
anyone else?
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Victory House! :biggrin: A bit confused though, as my offer says Ensuite Single but I thought the on campus ensuites were 'Ensuite Premium'... Either way though, I'm very happy to have accommodation and to not be in Mary Chapman Court (which I'm sure is lovely but wouldn't have suited me much)! :tongue:

But yay! First Choice! :biggrin:

Thanks for the accommodation offer! :smile:

Also, I'm sorry to be a bother, but I've just accepted my offer and the email asks for my full name, which I gave. Could I PM you my details to check you have my response? My 6th form was always spelling my name wrong and the Connexions system was convinced I didn't exist as a result. I'm slightly paranoid about losing my room because my name as I've spelt it in my email doesn't compute with what's on the system... I know it's silly and you probably have it right from my UCAS application, but having to head to the exams office in High School because after five years, the school has spelled my name wrong when they entered me for GCSEs, I feel like I have to make sure...

Thanks for your time reading that ramble anyway! :smile:

Victory House is such an awesome name! :biggrin:
Original post by UEAAccommodation
No biggy, just send us another email with the student number on it to the same address. We may be able to find you with just your name but it depends how many people with the same one as you we have on our systems (happens more often than would think).

Thank you very much, I'll send one now :smile:
Original post by sjwtwin
Norfolk Terrace too! :biggrin:

Woo, what course are you studying? I'm doing med, so I'm worried that there won't be anyone around in Norfolk Terrace for a week or so. I hear all the meds live in Colman house :P
Reply 2267
Original post by stroppyninja
Woo, what course are you studying? I'm doing med, so I'm worried that there won't be anyone around in Norfolk Terrace for a week or so. I hear all the meds live in Colman house :P

I feel really inadequate compared to your course; i'm doing Film & TV! :colondollar: I guess you can consider yourself an exception to the rule then.

Does med start early then?

Can't wait though. I move in on the 25th. Roll on September :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sjwtwin
I feel really inadequate, i'm doing Film & TV! :colondollar: Can't wait though. Roll on September :biggrin:

Haha, I've spent more time watching films and TV that I have needing a doctor. The world would be a cruel, albeit healthier place without arts students :smile:
University Village Ash... whos with me?!?!?!
Original post by UEAAccommodation

I would imagine that it says ensuite campus because that is what the rooms were called last year! I'll mention it to my boss who updates the templates tomorrow and get it changed to ensuite premium which is what they are called now. It looks like the offer letter hasn't been updated properly. Don't worry it won't affect the rom you have been offered!

You can PM me if you want with your details and I can let you know for sure but as long as you gave us your student number when you replied to accept your room we use that to find you on our system anyway!

Ah, okay. :smile: Thank you!

And sorry to bother you again! :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by diamonddust
Victory House is such an awesome name! :biggrin:

I know, right? Hopefully it's an omen of good things. :biggrin: I'm really looking forward to moving in there. I also like that it's quite small in comparison to some of the others. It just looks nice. :smile: Now I just have to sort out what I'm taking and what I'm not, buy some stuff and learn how to cook well enough to avoid starvation...

Congrats on getting the Village! I've been looking a pictures (and getting quite excited about going :colondollar:) and it looks really nice! :biggrin:
Original post by jelly1000

i know you or someone else on here said there arent any cupboards in the ensuite, but is there at least a shelf?

Yeah there's a small shelf. On it I managed fit liquid soap, fashwash, toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash, so you shouldn't have too many issues fitting stuff on!

There's also a small corner shelf in the shower area itself, where you can fit shower gel (and maybe shampoo/conditioner depending on how big the bottles are) I had massive shampoo bottles, so I just kept them on the bathroom floor and it was fine :dontknow:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Yeah there's a small shelf. On it I managed fit liquid soap, fashwash, toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash, so you shouldn't have too many issues fitting stuff on!

There's also a small corner shelf in the shower area itself, where you can fit shower gel (and maybe shampoo/conditioner depending on how big the bottles are) I had massive shampoo bottles, so I just kept them on the bathroom floor and it was fine :dontknow:

thanks, that sounds like it should be enough
Reply 2274
thanks, that sounds like it should be enough

Even in the tiny village pod I actually found plenty of room for what I needed! The thing was, because it was ensuite I could keep stuff like deoderant/perfume/hair ties in my room which at home I'd usually keep in the bathroom, so I didn't need as much space :smile:

xxx
Original post by davidbsegal
University Village Ash... whos with me?!?!?!

:wavey: :awesome:
I know, right? Hopefully it's an omen of good things. :biggrin: I'm really looking forward to moving in there. I also like that it's quite small in comparison to some of the others. It just looks nice. :smile: Now I just have to sort out what I'm taking and what I'm not, buy some stuff and learn how to cook well enough to avoid starvation...

Congrats on getting the Village! I've been looking a pictures (and getting quite excited about going :colondollar:) and it looks really nice! :biggrin:

I'm so excited! :biggrin: :biggrin: You'll have to come to my flat for dinner! :awesome:

yeaah Victory House for me as well! looks amazing i can't wait, my start date is the 25th
Original post by diamonddust
I'm so excited! :biggrin: :biggrin: You'll have to come to my flat for dinner! :awesome:

planning din din meets already ! :frown:

i want an emaiL!!!!!!!!
I kept all my shower stuff in a plastic basket with holes in on the floor of my shower. It was then easy to move all my stuff on shower cleaning day, and the water drained out of it. I managed to fit all the necessary things around my sink. I did bring a set of plastic drawers with me which I put opposite the door of my shower, in which I kept all my other toiletries and cosmetics. The bathrooms could probably do with a shelf in them, but hey ho, I managed (and at least they didn't have huge, fist-sized spiders like the one I discovered lurking in the bathroom of my student house at 2am which had... shudder... disappeared by the next morning...).

I'm finding stalking where everyone's living quite exciting for some bizarre reason. I'm really intrigued as to who's got my room/flat this year, but since they haven't been giving out flat numbers with accommodation offers my plans have been scuppered. There's no choice other than lurking outside the entrance of Britten house and seeing who walks out of it in freshers week then...

Latest

Trending

Trending