The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rainman88
In my first year, when I was waiting to enrol, there was this woman trying to convince one of the people behind the desks that she had received an offer, but she "couldn't find it" LOL...

Hahahaha! Must have been an amusing situation lol!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
And here begins the solo flat hunt.

Eternally grateful to my old housemates for getting someone else in.
Reply 1562
Original post by rockrunride

I'm moving out Saturday, in the meantime we're looking for a new flat (left to last minute due to visa issues innit), let me know if you need flatmates :teeth:
Original post by rockrunride

Original post by paddy
I'm moving out Saturday, in the meantime we're looking for a new flat (left to last minute due to visa issues innit), let me know if you need flatmates :teeth:

Any of yo guys attending ULHS Flat sharing event ?
Anyone heard anything about the HEI Bursary yet?

I think it was around now that we found out last year :smile:
Original post by paddy

Got somewhere now fortunately right by youz-town stay-shun. Not a bad price either..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1566
I'm trying to enrol for my modules on portico. Next year we can choose two optional modules from basically anywhere within UCL. I want to enrol on historical linguistics with SELCS but it's not on Portico (nor seem to be any other selcs courses). I emailed the person who runs this course and she says just wait for it to come onto portico, but it's been weeks now. Anybody else have this issue? And do you know when we have to enrol for our modules by?

I'm worrying that it's first come first serve :o: There are modules that are popular in my department and I don't want to miss out on those because I have to wait for historical linguistics! Can't seem to enrol for only some of my modules, it seems I have to do all at once. :/
Reply 1567
Original post by ily_em
I'm trying to enrol for my modules on portico. Next year we can choose two optional modules from basically anywhere within UCL. I want to enrol on historical linguistics with SELCS but it's not on Portico (nor seem to be any other selcs courses). I emailed the person who runs this course and she says just wait for it to come onto portico, but it's been weeks now. Anybody else have this issue? And do you know when we have to enrol for our modules by?

I'm worrying that it's first come first serve :o: There are modules that are popular in my department and I don't want to miss out on those because I have to wait for historical linguistics! Can't seem to enrol for only some of my modules, it seems I have to do all at once. :/

We've been told not to try and enter any of our modules on Portico yet as they said they all haven't been sorted out yet. (I'm in SELCS)

I can't even enrol. :frown:
Reply 1568
Original post by PJ991
We've been told not to try and enter any of our modules on Portico yet as they said they all haven't been sorted out yet. (I'm in SELCS)

I can't even enrol. :frown:

Ah ok thanks :smile: I *think* I enrolled a while ago... hope it went ok lol. Can you let me know when you find out any more about Portico? I'm not in SELCS so out of the loop!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1569
So I'm moving to milan tomorrow... :eek:
And I'm back here :h:
Reply 1571
I just read this whole thread from page one. The fact that it was utterly brilliant helps with the fact that I've just spent several hours I can never get back staring at a computer screen and reading things from three years ago.
I want it to be three years ago tbh :emo:

Turns out I have all of my electives plus French Oral on a Monday. Not bad seeing as it clashes with nothing extra-curricular and will get me out of bed fresh as a daisy ready to start a nice sloggy week, but bad because my brain will scramble trying to switch from the Spanish Civil War to Sartre so quickly, and that getting out of bed at a reasonable hour on every other day will be harder.
Annoyed that second term Spanish Civil War clashes with my magnum opus course French Politics, but will go for second term 1990s Spanish Film instead and keep French Politics.. both of those courses are also naturally on Mondays, joy.

Routine!
Another thing: Why do the union always without exception disappoint with freshers events? The calendar just looks unappealing :s-smilie:
Reply 1574
I don't know, totally going to take advantage of that salsa lesson though.
Oh my god, oh my god!

My college bursary's gone up this year from £450 a term to £960 a term! :eek:

And there was me, all :grumble: that my loan this year didn't cover the rent..

Seriously want to start earning my own keep soon though. Been a scrounger for far too long :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
i've always got that much :biggrin:

****ing spent it all though didnt i.

btw, it's cos you're a fourth year after your year abroad, they always give you double. which means i'll be getting 1,800 a term in final year, oh my christ, i absolutely must save it. for... something.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1577
Original post by ily_em
Ah ok thanks :smile: I *think* I enrolled a while ago... hope it went ok lol. Can you let me know when you find out any more about Portico? I'm not in SELCS so out of the loop!

Just got an email this evening saying we can now do it.
Reply 1578
Original post by PJ991
Just got an email this evening saying we can now do it.

Thanks! Will apply :smile:

Edit: Thought I could but can't :/ When I search on the module database (on the student home page of portico click "module directory") it comes up, but when I go to "select your modules/course components" and search there it doesn't appear... Hmmm :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Now all modules confirmed, **** gets real.

Neglected to spend very long in the library today but was thoroughly relaxed by jazz in the South Quad after the library shut!

You know it's Friday when there's jazz in the South Quad..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending